• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks Finally Making the right moves so Far (hold breath)

wolvetigers

Craword, JJ, Bibby and Teague make up the Hawks backcourt. Josh Smith, Horford solidify the Front Courts future.

Must Haves: Marvin Williams and Zaza Pachulia.

Trade Bait: Josh Childress.

The skinny: Look for Childress to be traded for Bruce Bowen and maybe a 2nd Round Pick or for Marcus Camby and a 2nd Round Pick.

The Hawks have the talent but we need some veteran leadership that Bruce Bowen could definitely provide. He could mentor Marvin Williams and hopefully reduce Josh Smith's antics....The Hawks have a load of experience and If Sund can hold on to Marvin and Zaza then he gets a B+ for the offseason. If the rumored acquisition of Bruce Bowen and or Marcus Camby comes through then he gets an A-.

Go Hawks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we get marvin and zaza, we've updated from flip to crawford and from acie to teague..i mentioned in another thread that i thought this made us better but those two upgrades won't do it alone...we need another sign, whether it be chill, dandersen, marcuscamby, or googles vongarglesnort...we need another decent player to sign to make our bench that much better and versatile..

Its no secret the Cavs and Boston have the top two seeds locked up. But the Hawks have added some potency to the backcourt and in doing so have taken some pressure off of Joe Johnson. And depending on the resigning Marvin, Zaza and whether we can grab a season vet in Bowen and or Camby. With that said the spots 3 to 8 are all up for grabs and the Hawks have an outside shot to take the 3 seed if Rick Sund can manuever through this offseason. So far so good. Go Hawks Lets shoot for that 3seed.

Its no secret the Cavs and Boston have the top two seeds locked up. But the Hawks have added some potency to the backcourt and in doing so have taken some pressure off of Joe Johnson. And depending on the resigning Marvin, Zaza and whether we can grab a season vet in Bowen and or Camby. With that said the spots 3 to 8 are all up for grabs and the Hawks have an outside shot to take the 3 seed if Rick Sund can manuever through this offseason. So far so good. Go Hawks Lets shoot for that 3seed.

You just posted the same exact topic...

I dont think Bowen is the guy the Bucks are trading b/c they're trying to save money and his contract is non-guaranteed. thats where they're saving money. I think they're trying to us Kurt Thomas for Chillz which I think would be better cuz it gives us another banger in the post.

I am not sure if it is the homer in me, but a team of:

Bibs/Teague

JJ/Craw

Marv/Mo

Smoove/Camby

Al/ZZ

Looks pretty good to me....depending on how Teague matures.

Now that I give a second look...barring injury, that team would get deep into the playoffs.

How can we trade Chillz for Camby when their contracts don't even match? Or am I missing something here...

I was thinking the same thing... unless someone signs Chillz to a 10 million $ contract

i say get kurt thomas cuz we need him with what were lacking defense and rebounding

But Bruce Bowen can be the answer hes 38 years old averaged 4.2 points per game last year and the is his season high last year was 13 points but would love to have him if we had to tho its better than nothing and Bowens a great leader and can shoot really good when hes hot and did i mention a great defender

i say get kurt thomas cuz we need him with what were lacking defense and rebounding

But Bruce Bowen can be the answer hes 38 years old averaged 4.2 points per game last year and the is his season high last year was 13 points but would love to have him if we had to tho its better than nothing and Bowens a great leader and can shoot really good when hes hot and did i mention a great defender

I'd rather let Chillz walk than to be stuck with an over-the-hill Bowen. We could use that roster spot for something better. We already have a younger, cheaper version with Mario West.

Edited by Watchman

you forgot the eastern champs who just got better with vince carter...

Bruce Bowen knows how to knock down the 3 from the corner...its automatic

What are the chances that Portland shows interest in Marvin since Turk shunned them. There are reports that they have talked with Lee and Odom, but I would imagine they are getting bigger bucks. They have several nice pieces that we could trade. I'm sure a quick search of D's post would show at least a dozen alternatives. Thoughts?

I wouldn't concede anything to Boston. They are starting 4 31yo + players and we don't know the status of KG's health. They also spent half the offseason trying to run Rondo so we don't know how his mentality will be next season. They could also lose big baby which kills their depth.

Bruce Bowen knows how to knock down the 3 from the corner...its automatic

Hell so does Mo Evans.

Vince Carter for Hedo is arguably a lateral move. When you add in losing Lee and Gortat it's riciculous to say they got better

I agree with this 100%. Their starting lineup is just as good as last year but you've gotta factor in what they lost from their bench. Courtney Lee was very underrated in my opinion and now their backup center is who? Do they even have one? Do they have any "bigs" coming off the bench now?

Edited by Moses

Did they sign Vince Carter in his prime?

Vince Carter for Hedo is arguably a lateral move. When you add in losing Lee and Gortat it's riciculous to say they got better

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

VC is better than Turgolu by far. Turgolu has never averaged 20 ppg. Carter does it routinely.

And lets not forget that Ryan Anderson shot 36% from three as a rookie big man.