• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mini-camp updates

GameTime

Here is the link:

http://twitter.com/sekousmith01

Chris Ellis looks like a slimmed down version of Big Baby. At 6-9, 267 he has the kind of bulk the Hawks have been looking for.

Woody's already in training camp holler mode. Campers have to love this stuff.

Woodson says no scrimmage action until Tuesday's night session. I'm ready to go home right now.

Edited by GameTime

The Hawks offical Twitter has a few comments.

http://twitter.com/atlanta_hawks

"Othello Hunter is throwing down some filthy dunks right now. I still want to see if Garrett Siler can take down the backboard support again"

"David Huertas just broke out a pretty sick crossover - meanwhile Randolph Morris gets a block on Othello Hunter"

"Jeff Teague with a nice little block defending a 2-on-1..."

"Well, that didn't take long...Woody has gotten on Teague about TALKING on defense. That's a pet peeve JT, just ask Bibby, Joe and Josh." By hawksPRman

"This is getting hilarious. Woody just called Corey Williams "homicide." And Siler is a good two inches and 40 pounds heavier than RandMo." By sekousmith01

"Othello Hunter is putting on a wicked dunk display is this explosion drill. He's gotten loads better since this time a year ago." By sekousmith01

"Othello Hunter is putting on a wicked dunk display is this explosion drill. He's gotten loads better since this time a year ago." By sekousmith01

I really hope we bring him back. Count me as one of those guys that wishes he got more minutes last year. He should have received Solo's minutes especially in the second half of the season.

If we DO sign a new big it will mean less minute for the Solo/Hunter position, but still I'd like him back.

Some updates that intrigued me.

Korolev is 3-for-3 from deep. Former 12th pick has a nice stroke.

Othello Hunter has 4-5 buckets just beating his man down the floor.

Bigs are slowing down now. But not Siler. Just split two for a layup and foul.

This is overall a good looking group. Teague is really impressive. His quickness is off the charts.

Heard from the sidelines about Teague: "He sure can get where he wants to go."

http://twitter.com/sekousmith01

http://twitter.com/atlanta_hawks

And.....

Siler tosses RandMo out the way for an easy putback. Teague with the finish at the rim and the FT.

Edited by GameTime

we have to give siler a chance...we had morris due to his size potential but i've gotta say siler has better size and more potential and he seems to hussle a lot..not to mention that once he did start playing basketball he's been really focused on it..

i like hunter to get solo's spot and the korolev guy intrigues me although not sure we gotta a spot for him....i'm rooting for cenk to do well also.

Based on what we have seen and heard I wouldnt mind Siler and Koralev, as well as bringing Hunter back. At least both Koralev and Hunter have NBA experience so it wouldnt be a big risk filling out the roster with them. I also wouldnt mind having Randolph be an IR player and Siler step into the 12 -man unit.

Bibby-Teague

Joe-Crawford-West

Williams-Evans-Korolev

Smith-FA Big-Hunter

Horford-Pachulia-Siler-Morris

This would give us a solid 1st and 2nd unit of NBA proven players (Teague exception), and solid (but not ideal) big man depth.

• Like 2

My worry with Siler is that this is the most effort he's ever put in. Don't you wonder what he did for FOUR years in college? Why wasn't he working out and slimming down earlier? As long as its at the minimum I don't really care that much though.

Looks like Dionte Christmas isn't impressing that much, maybe he's wearing down after playing on 2 different summer league teams...

Good to see that Teague is playing like the only 1st rounder in the room, doesn't mean he'll be ROY or anything, but I'd be worried if he wasn't doing well. What do you guys think about John Lucas III? I wouldn't mind him as an extra PG.

My worry with Siler is that this is the most effort he's ever put in. Don't you wonder what he did for FOUR years in college? Why wasn't he working out and slimming down earlier? As long as its at the minimum I don't really care that much though.

Looks like Dionte Christmas isn't impressing that much, maybe he's wearing down after playing on 2 different summer league teams...

Good to see that Teague is playing like the only 1st rounder in the room, doesn't mean he'll be ROY or anything, but I'd be worried if he wasn't doing well. What do you guys think about John Lucas III? I wouldn't mind him as an extra PG.

John Lucas is a leader, good shooter and a great defender. I wouldn't mind it. We could use his defense. Would rather have Sundiata Gaines though.

Edited by GameTime

• Premium Member

Based on what we have seen and heard I wouldnt mind Siler and Koralev, as well as bringing Hunter back. At least both Koralev and Hunter have NBA experience so it wouldnt be a big risk filling out the roster with them. I also wouldnt mind having Randolph be an IR player and Siler step into the 12 -man unit.

Bibby-Teague

Joe-Crawford-West

Williams-Evans-Korolev

Smith-FA Big-Hunter

Horford-Pachulia-Siler-Morris

This would give us a solid 1st and 2nd unit of NBA proven players (Teague exception), and solid (but not ideal) big man depth.

Okay, this is worrisome.

It should be intuitive that, in any given group of players, some number of them are going to stand out above the others... that has very little bearing, however, on whether they are capable of playing even minor minutes on one of 30 top-eschelon professional basketball teams in the U.S.

Sorry to be Darrin Downer, but let's temper our enthusiasm, shall we?

Okay, this is worrisome.

It should be intuitive that, in any given group of players, some number of them are going to stand out above the others... that has very little bearing, however, on whether they are capable of playing even minor minutes on one of 30 top-eschelon professional basketball teams in the U.S.

Sorry to be Darrin Downer, but let's temper our enthusiasm, shall we?

If you put Solo in the minicamp player group, that's the same number of those type of players we had last year:

West, Solo, Othello, Richardson, Morris