• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will we add a vet to our frount court or not

RedDawg#8

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just getting a little overwhelmed with all the Big discussions, and want to see where everybody stands.

They have spoken to both Joe Smith, Ike Diogu, and Ben Wallace. We know there is some level of interest from Smith since he showed up at the rookie camp. Once Marvin's is signed Sund may be able to offer Smith or Wallace a little more money. Right now he does not know how much room he will have under the cap until the Marvin situation is resolved. After those two my next choice is banger a like Skinner over a tooth pick like Warrick.

I am guessing we sign both Siler and Hunter to the team too. (Not just one of the two)

Edited by coachx

To Diesel and others against the Marv signing please get over it guys. Marv is back and now we need to start thinking about how to make our front court better with additional big men. So who do you have in mind?

I for one like Joe smith if he comes but i really dont think he will sign! So im looking at a more realistic signing like Hakim Warrick, Stromile Swift, jarron collins, and maybe

(i guess i would like to have francisco elson or brian skinner as well if we cant seem to get Warrick or Swift)

Edited by JTB

Some here, I dont know in which thread, questioned since we had Joe Smith in here since the minicamp, how come he hadn't signed with us yet. I feel that the FO wanted to have Marvin's deal absolutely done before they addressed other signings. Not just because we needed to know how much he was going to make (we had a solid idea of his price range from the begining) but from a psychological standpoint of having him amongst our original FA resignings. Now that that's done I feel Joe Smith is next along with 1 or 2 of the minicamp invitees and posibly an outside FA.

I say with certainty that Smith will sign here because quite frankly he has nowhere else to go. Boston already added Sheed and may bring back BIg Baby. Cleveland has a crowded high salaried frontcourt with Shaq, BIg Z, Varejao and there are talks of signing Leon Powe and they have their second year man JJ. Hickson in need of PT. Orlando have gone out and acquired frontcourt help in Bass, retained Gortat, traded for Anderson and have both Lewis and Barnes capable of playing PF. Philly seems set in their frontcourt with youth, Detroit is the frontrunner to get Big Ben back, Washington added Oberto already, Chicago drafted a half dozen tweener forwards and Charlotte doesn't look to be wanting to spend (or contend for the PO for that matter). Out west I doubt the Lakers have any interest in him and I have heard nada on any other western conf. team looking into his services. So where does that leave him? Why nowhere but here in the ATL! Look to have him and Marvin in on the same press conference. :cool:

Some here, I dont know in which thread, questioned since we had Joe Smith in here since the minicamp, how come he hadn't signed with us yet. I feel that the FO wanted to have Marvin's deal absolutely done before they addressed other signings. Not just because we needed to know how much he was going to make (we had a solid idea of his price range from the begining) but from a psychological standpoint of having him amongst our original FA resignings. Now that that's done I feel Joe Smith is next along with 1 or 2 of the minicamp invitees and posibly an outside FA.

I say with certainty that Smith will sign here because quite frankly he has nowhere else to go. Boston already added Sheed and may bring back BIg Baby. Cleveland has a crowded high salaried frontcourt with Shaq, BIg Z, Varejao and there are talks of signing Leon Powe and they have their second year man JJ. Hickson in need of PT. Orlando have gone out and acquired frontcourt help in Bass, retained Gortat, traded for Anderson and have both Lewis and Barnes capable of playing PF. Philly seems set in their frontcourt with youth, Detroit is the frontrunner to get Big Ben back, Washington added Oberto already, Chicago drafted a half dozen tweener forwards and Charlotte doesn't look to be wanting to spend (or contend for the PO for that matter). Out west I doubt the Lakers have any interest in him and I have heard nada on any other western conf. team looking into his services. So where does that leave him? Why nowhere but here in the ATL! Look to have him and Marvin in on the same press conference. :cool:

Hope you are right but there are still several west coast teams that could offer him something. But I do think you are right that we now know what he have to play with and can move forward.