• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Madden 10

Admin

Apparently Ronnie Brown is considered a QB in the Wildcat formation and to bring in Pat White I just need to make him my 2nd string QB and then do a sub with the QB for that play. I haven't' tried this yet but read it on another forum and plan to try it tonight.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife picked this up for me last night. I actually love this game. I run with the falcons. Norwood is a beast on the kick returns. Matt Ryan is pretty good as well. My Xbox Live gamertag is Father Murder X. Send me a friend request and I might give you a title shot!!!!

Which one is the "R" button"? I'm guessing that's a PS3 button?

The Dolphins do have quite a few Wildcat plays and they have Ronnie Brown at QB and Williams in motion which is how it was run last year but I think Pat White will be taking Ronnie Brown's position on those plays sometimes this year.

I have an X-Box 360.

You have a "R Trigger" and a "R Button." They are both at the top right part of the controller. Its the only way to keep a fresh defense on the field. The computer waits for them to get too tired, for my liking, with their automatic sub patterns based on energy level.

Once you have chosen your formation (but before you pick your specific play) hit the "R button" and it will allow you to sub out any player in that formation...................Its also great for 3 and 4 WR sets where you may want to use T. Gonzalez or Norwood as a slot WR..................or use 2 RB on screen passes instead of a slow FB.

Edited by coachx

I have an X-Box 360.

You have a "R Trigger" and a "R Button." They are both at the top right part of the controller. Its the only way to keep a fresh defense on the field. The computer waits for them to get too tired, for my liking, with their automatic sub patterns based on energy level.

Once you have chosen your formation (but before you pick your specific play) hit the "R button" and it will allow you to sub out any player in that formation...................Its also great for 3 and 4 WR sets where you may want to use T. Gonzalez or Norwood as a slot WR..................or use 2 RB on screen passes instead of a slow FB.

Yeah I figured it out last night, I hadn't ever heard of anyone refer to it as the "R" button as it's always listed as "RB" or "Rb" maybe? Anyways I got it working and it was cool.

Also you know that you can set the auto-sub by position in relation to their energy level right?

Also you know that you can set the auto-sub by position in relation to their energy level right?

I have seen that feature in the previous Madden games but have not found it yet in the 2010 version. Is it found in the coaching options ?

I have seen that feature in the previous Madden games but have not found it yet in the 2010 version. Is it found in the coaching options ?

I can't remember off of the top of my head where it is but it's in there. I'll check tonight when I get home and let you know.

I can't remember off of the top of my head where it is but it's in there. I'll check tonight when I get home and let you know.

On the main menu in franchise mode it's under "Coaching Options" and then "Auto-Subs". You can adjust the sliders for every position on offense and defense.

On the main menu in franchise mode it's under "Coaching Options" and then "Auto-Subs". You can adjust the sliders for every position on offense and defense.

I finally found it.

I have made it to the Super Bowl. Beat the Cardinals in the NFC Championship game last night and will play the Steelers tonight for the Super Bowl. ( I simulated 5 of the regualr season games and went 3-2 in the simulated games and ended up 14-2 in the regular season.)

I simulated the Super Bowl and lost last night, without saving, just to see how my guys would progess next year:

Matt Ryan went from a 85 to 90 but his throw power did not improve at all

LT/ Sam Baker went from a 84 to a 90

RG/ Harvey Dahl went from a 86 to a 88

LG/ Blaylock went from a 73 to a 77

S/ Moore went from a 74 to 81 (rookie)

DT/ Perry went from a 78 to a 83 (rookie)

DE/ Sibury went from a 70 to a 77 (rookie)

MLB/ Lofton went from a 80 to a 86

CB/ Houston went from a 75 to a 81

CB/ Jackson went from a 73 to a 79

WR/ White went from a 93 to a 94

Turner held his 95 and Gonzalez held his 98

DE/ Abraham fell from a 95 to a 93

Most of the other players either stayed the same or progressed or regressed by no more then 1 point.

I wonder if when I play the Superbowl and win.........if my guys would progress any more if they win the Super Bowl vs. losing the Super Bowl. I guess I will find out tonight.

Edited by coachx

I finally found it.

I have made it to the Super Bowl. Beat the Cardinals in the NFC Championship game last night and will play the Steelers tonight for the Super Bowl. ( I simulated 5 of the regualr season games and went 3-2 in the simulated games and ended up 14-2 in the regular season.)

I simulated the Super Bowl and lost last night, without saving, just to see how my guys would progess next year:

Matt Ryan went from a 85 to 90 but his throw power did not improve at all

LT/ Sam Baker went from a 84 to a 90

RG/ Harvey Dahl went from a 86 to a 88

LG/ Blaylock went from a 73 to a 77

S/ Moore went from a 74 to 81 (rookie)

DT/ Perry went from a 78 to a 83 (rookie)

DE/ Sibury went from a 70 to a 77 (rookie)

MLB/ Lofton went from a 80 to a 86

CB/ Houston went from a 75 to a 81

CB/ Jackson went from a 73 to a 79

WR/ White went from a 93 to a 94

Turner held his 95 and Gonzalez held his 98

DE/ Abraham fell from a 95 to a 93

Most of the other players either stayed the same or progressed or regressed by no more then 1 point.

I wonder if when I play the Superbowl and win.........if my guys would progress any more if they win the Super Bowl vs. losing the Super Bowl. I guess I will find out tonight.

You're well ahead of me, although I have played every pre-season and regular season game and I'm playing 12 minute quarters. I have 3 more regular season games and so far I'm 12-1. As soon as this season is done I'm going to bump up the difficulty one level and I hope it will be a bit harder. As it stands now unless I'm playing the Patriots or another elite team I'm generally able to shut the opposing offense down and run all over them on offense with Ronnie Brown. I'd like to see it be a bit more difficult but not until my 2nd season. One thing I'll say for sure is that passing is much more difficult this year with Chad Henne as I have 25 TDs and 19 INTs with him and in last years Madden I set almost every single season QB record with a rookie Henne.

You're well ahead of me, although I have played every pre-season and regular season game and I'm playing 12 minute quarters. I have 3 more regular season games and so far I'm 12-1. As soon as this season is done I'm going to bump up the difficulty one level and I hope it will be a bit harder. As it stands now unless I'm playing the Patriots or another elite team I'm generally able to shut the opposing offense down and run all over them on offense with Ronnie Brown. I'd like to see it be a bit more difficult but not until my 2nd season. One thing I'll say for sure is that passing is much more difficult this year with Chad Henne as I have 25 TDs and 19 INTs with him and in last years Madden I set almost every single season QB record with a rookie Henne.

With Ryan, White, and Gonzalez passing is a breeze.

I played 8 minute quarters but simulated all of preseason and 5 of the regular season games.

Ryan ended up with 3,999 yards , 28 TDs, 5 INTs and completed 70% of his passes. I could have thrown a lot more but ended up running out the clock in most of the 4th quarters. With a 98 TE and a 93 WR I guess its supposed to be easy.

Definately need to bump up the difficulty, but like you, wanted to get a season under my belt first.

Atlanta has a type of "Wild Cat" formation too where Norwood is the QB............there is not an option to pass. Its just 3 running plays where Norwood basically runs the option - run. It can be deadly if the defense is in the wrong set and not protecting the edges.

With Ryan, White, and Gonzalez passing is a breeze.

I played 8 minute quarters but simulated all of preseason and 5 of the regular season games.

Ryan ended up with 3,999 yards , 28 TDs, 5 INTs and completed 70% of his passes. I could have thrown a lot more but ended up running out the clock in most of the 4th quarters. With a 98 TE and a 93 WR I guess its supposed to be easy.

Definately need to bump up the difficulty, but like you, wanted to get a season under my belt first.

Atlanta has a type of "Wild Cat" formation too where Norwood is the QB............there is not an option to pass. Its just 3 running plays where Norwood basically runs the option - run. It can be deadly if the defense is in the wrong set and not protecting the edges.

Yeah seems like passing was easy for you. I'm using a 66 rated QB with only 1 TE/WR over 80 and that's Fasano at 83. I'm sure that Ryan is a lot more accurate than Henne is.

I've seen a few teams that run the basic Wild Cat so I wonder if most teams have it. Miami has about 10 plays run out of it with a few passes which can be deadly with Pat White back there but it's not an offense that you can use very often if you want to win.

I can't believe they have Tony Gonzalez rated as a 98 in 2010.

Yeah seems like passing was easy for you. I'm using a 66 rated QB with only 1 TE/WR over 80 and that's Fasano at 83. I'm sure that Ryan is a lot more accurate than Henne is.

I've seen a few teams that run the basic Wild Cat so I wonder if most teams have it. Miami has about 10 plays run out of it with a few passes which can be deadly with Pat White back there but it's not an offense that you can use very often if you want to win.

I can't believe they have Tony Gonzalez rated as a 98 in 2010.

I bet Fasano is a 88 - 90 for you next year and Ginn, Jr. goes from a 78 to 83-85.

Did you trade Chad Pennington ? I saw where they give him an 85 rating, same as Matt Ryan. Too bad he has no arm strength though.

I was shocked Gonzalez stayed the same after the progression since will be 35 for the 2010 season. I assume that since he had a great season and played on a Super Bowl team.............it helped his stock in the progression stage once the season is over.

Some guys got worse. My center McClure and OLB / Peterson both lost some ratings after the progression loaded. Thank goodness I the Falcons are such a young team where most of the guys improved.

I was hopin to see guys progress in the middle of the season but had no luck.

In the off season you can see how each coach and assistant affects certain attributes for certian positions. For example, the Falcons head coach, Mike Smith, gives all players a (+5) increase for awareness.

Edited by coachx

I bet Fasano is a 88 - 90 for you next year and Ginn, Jr. goes from a 78 to 83-85.

Did you trade Chad Pennington ? I saw where they give him an 85 rating, same as Matt Ryan. Too bad he has no arm strength though.

I was shocked Gonzalez stayed the same after the progression since will be 35 for the 2010 season. I assume that since he had a great season and played on a Super Bowl team.............it helped his stock in the progression stage once the season is over.

Some guys got worse. My center McClure and OLB / Peterson both lost some ratings after the progression loaded. Thank goodness I the Falcons are such a young team where most of the guys improved.

I was hopin to see guys progress in the middle of the season but had no luck.

In the off season you can see how each coach and assistant affects certain attributes for certian positions. For example, the Falcons head coach, Mike Smith, gives all players a (+5) increase for awareness.

Nope I haven't done much trading, the only thing I've done is brought in an upgrade at FB by trading for Greg Jones from Jacksonville and a RG from someplace else that I can't remember right now. Pennington is still sitting back there 3rd on the depth chart with his 85 rating an no arm strength or much mobility. I started him in the beginning but when he can't get the ball downfield to Ginn it's a waste.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the offseason goes, it should be fun. I may start a new franchise after this season and play as a superstar just to try that feature out.