• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer Power Rankings

HalfHawk

Power Rankings

For the most part, I agree with the rankings, but the Hawks should be at the 10th spot or at least the 11th. But what really confuses me is all this hype over the Wizards. Their core is good, but the quality of their bench is just s**t and they have not one player on their squad that can play a whole season. Thoughts?

• Admin

Power Rankings

For the most part, I agree with the rankings, but the Hawks should be at the 10th spot or at least the 11th. But what really confuses me is all this hype over the Wizards. Their core is good, but the quality of their bench is just s**t and they have not one player on their squad that can play a whole season. Thoughts?

When healthy they have a talented team but they have no defense at all. They have a lot of shooters though

Power Rankings

I disgree with that ranking. This is my top 10 summer ranking:

1. Lakers

2. Magic

3. Celtics

4. Spurs

5. Cavs

6. Blazers

7. Nuggets

8. Hawks

9. Mavs

10. Raptors

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

Power Rankings

I agree. They're top 10 on paper, and probably on the court when all healthy. But they haven't been for 2 years...too much talk.

If this is correct, at least they expect the Hawks to make the playoffs.

That in its self is something. Usually, no one expects anything from Atlanta.

Watch out for the underdog (us) because sometimes they will bite you!

GO HAWKS!!!

• Moderators

i agree totally. The Wizards aren't any where near that good. And the comment about the Hawks lacking leadership and cohesion seems like a slap as we brought back everyone from last year except Flip and are lead by a veteran point guard. I guess its a slap at Woody or JJ.

I definitely think lower expectations work well for this team. I'm expecting us to give Orlando a run for the division this year.

That article made no sense.

It said Atlanta was rated 8th last week. (Which I think is too high).

We sign Joe Smith and fall to 12th !

What gives ?

I do not see the logic.

I think we should be 9th, right behind the Blazers or maybe 10th right behind the Jazz.

The Wizards are unproven. They have a ton of scorers and one one ball. Arenas, Butler, Jameison, Foye, and Miller are all excellent scorers but they are all one dimensional. They remind me of the Hawks team with JT, Reef, and Glenn Robinson. They are simply paper tigers.

Edited by coachx

Whoever did those rankings needs to be pencil whipped .

No WAY there is NO WAY that a 19 win team overtakes a 47 win team in the rankings without adding an all star or two . They question our leadership but somehow forget what happened to the Wizards the last time they made the playoffs and faced Lebron ? and the ultimate WTH is this guy thinking slap in the face to the Hawks is that a team who in their own poll they have as 29th defensive somehow overtake a team they have 13th in defense without adding one good defensive player ?

No WAY there is NO WAY that a 19 win team overtakes a 47 win team in the rankings without adding an all star or two . They question our leadership but somehow forget what happened to the Wizards the last time they made the playoffs and faced Lebron ? and the ultimate WTH is this guy thinking slap in the face to the Hawks is that a team who in their own poll they have as 29th defensive somehow overtake a team they have 13th in defense without adding one good defensive player ?

This Wizards hype is no surprise to me. The Sporting News had them ranked #3 in the league (not the conference, IN THE LEAGUE. Behind the Celtics and Lakers. What a joke.) People really believe that last year was a fluke and that they're going to be better when they come back healthy. Like that's going to last, they'd still be injury prone. The Wiz are a decent team when healthy, but not top 10. These sportswriters are really drinking the kool-aid when it comes to the Wizards.

As far as our ranking is concerned...meh. We're always underrated, that's no surprise.

Edited by LOL_Hawks

Miami was close to knocking this team out of the first round after wining few games the year before.

However, Washington has had a lot of these guys for a while now and 45-37 (when the east was weaker) is the best they've been able to do. I think Washington will make the playoffs, but 9th is too high.

Miami was close to knocking this team out of the first round after wining few games the year before.

However, Washington has had a lot of these guys for a while now and 45-37 (when the east was weaker) is the best they've been able to do. I think Washington will make the playoffs, but 9th is too high.

Agreed, that core has been together far too long yet that's the best they could ever muster. All they've done is add more mouths to feed in the backcourt which I believe will disrupt whatever little chemistry they have left considering they barely spent time together last year. The move actually keeps them competitive when they go through their usual injuries but if that team actually manages to stay healthy on the perimeter then I have no idea how they'll get all those guys enough minutes to make a difference.

Agreed, that core has been together far too long yet that's the best they could ever muster. All they've done is add more mouths to feed in the backcourt which I believe will disrupt whatever little chemistry they have left considering they barely spent time together last year. The move actually keeps them competitive when they go through their usual injuries but if that team actually manages to stay healthy on the perimeter then I have no idea how they'll get all those guys enough minutes to make a difference.

Antwan Jamison will be like 34 this year. He is going to show decline before long. Even though Gilbert is young, we don't even know if he will be same player after basically missing the last 2 seasons.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Not to mention they are short on big men and virtually have no depth beyond Mike Miller. They also don't have a PG. Gilbert Arenas will not be able to return to the old Gilbert Arenas. I see him becoming another T-Mac type player.