• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Easy time against the Wizards

exodus

Looks like they had fun. Everyone seemed to be hitting. Horford took 15 shots wtf. Looking at the shot chart he made several jumpers. Teague made a couple of jumpers too. Apparently that has been the one thing missing from him in preseason.

The team was 8-14 from 3. Bibby was 3-4 and Mo 2-2. Marvin scored 16 in only 7 shot attempts.

Teague was amazing today. I am jumping on the bandwagon. Ain't nobody stopping him from going wherever he wants to go. Mesmerizing pass to Al for a dunk. Floaters. Lay up high off the board beating the shot blocker. On the fly adjustments. Wow.

Its good to hear this about our point guard. The regular season is always the real test but still cannot get what Marvin said about him out of my head. Hope it pans out to be true and not just compliments being thrown out by a team mate

• Premium Member

I know it's only pre-season but I have a completely different feeling about the team this year, like we're actually going to join the elite.

Agreed. I think we are going to be a lot more competitive than some are giving us credit for. I honestly think that this team can play with ANY team in the East right now.

It's so funny, we hear things every year during the Hawks offseason/preseason but I never take that much weight in them. I just throw them off as a fluff piece by Sekou and I did the same this offseason....

Now I hate to get too excited because it's only preseason but so far, everything seems to be right on:

-Teague CAN definitely contribute this year

-Crawford CAN pass (9 assists to 1 TO)

-Marvin is looking to score more

-Horford is planning to get more shots as well

-Josh Smith not shooting 3s (NONE in the preseason)

Also Evans has been showing up more than I would have thought.

I know it's only preseason, but if we have games like this we can definitely join the elite and I'd be a very happy hawks fan!

Edited by AUhawksfan

If you seen our("Hawks")conditioning during training camp you will realize they were preparing to be a fast break team that's versatile enough to play half court if needed. The way they blew pass the Wizards reminded me of all that running they did in training camp and how it's paid off. They must have been doing this for at least the past three years because in training camp interviews(Jamal's and maybe others) it was said that the core players(and returnees)already knew what to expect and what was pretty much coming next. Maybe that means they are starting to put it altogether and will be attacking teams at full force this up and coming season (we can be deadly in so many different ways).

Elite!! I would say yes when you have an atheletic explosive team that can beat you from so many different angles offensively and defensively. I had an earlier topic where I breifly broke down every team and could not find a rational reason why there is any body we could not compete with. We may have a lapse here and there depending on how much we come out playing to our potential every night but all and all their is no team we can't beat.

Edited by sillent

game recap:

The Truth

October 20th, 2009

1:31 am

I was at the game and I had no idea the win would be so easy. I was thoroughly entertained. I know agent zero did not play, but the way the Hawks dominated, he probably would not have altered the game outcome much anyway. Execution wise, everything was accomplished. The Hawks played as a team and looked to be in midseason form while the Wizards played sandlot-style with no ball movement just a bunch of ISO shooters playing that way for four quarters. As BIG RAY WOULD SAY, I KNOW IT JUST PRESEASON, BUT:

Marvin is elevating his game and maybe prepping for a breakout year

JJ is still JJ; Mr. reliable, He seems to be on cruise control

Al is working on his offense in the paint and is improving his shot (a bit)

Bibby is beginning to return to form from 3-point land

Josh defense and steals were standouts. Still need some free-throw work

Joe Smith looked a bit rusty tonight

His defense looked to be a bud-light version compared to Josh

Crawford had some monster assists, still reluctant to shoot though

Impressed with Collins limited minutes; He will make a dig difference

Another monster game by Jet-Teague (I like that name)

Mo Evans is no fluke, he continues to play well

With the way the Hawks played and beat the Wizards, we may have to give them a new nickname; THE FUN BUNCH. From what I saw, Agent Zero was lucky not to be a part of the rout.

With some (on this blog) yearning for an up-tempo running team, this year with our new pieces, you just might get your wish.

game recap:

Daniel

October 20th, 2009

8:31 am

Truth- I was at the game last night, too. Where are your seats?

It was difficult to tell how good the Hawks are, because they were toying with the Wizards from the start. Teague can get anywhere on the court he wants. At least in the preseason, I don’t see the shot happy Crawford that we have all been warned about. Jason Collins is BIG! Josh needs to work on his free throws (I know it is an old story, but dang 50% from the line is going to wreck his stated goals). Marvin looked like butter.

Well, maybe I could make some observations from the game. My daughter’s new favorite player is JT0. (he gave her a high-five after the game!) Randolph, Randolph, Randolph, he had some decent board work, but man he has bricks for hands.

• Moderators

Now I hate to get too excited because it's only preseason but so far, everything seems to be right on:

-Teague CAN definitely contribute this year

-Crawford CAN pass (9 assists to 1 TO)

-Marvin is looking to score more

-Horford is planning to get more shots as well

-Josh Smith not shooting 3s (NONE in the preseason)

Very, very good stuff. If Josh keeps that up, he could take a leap this season.

If you seen our("Hawks")conditioning during training camp you will realize they were preparing to be a fast break team that's versatile enough to play half court if needed. The way they blew pass the Wizards reminded me of all that running they did in training camp and how it's paid off. They must have been doing this for at least the past three years because in training camp interviews(Jamal's and maybe others) it was said that the core players(and returnees)already knew what to expect and what was pretty much coming next. Maybe that means they are starting to put it altogether and will be attacking teams at full force this up and coming season (we can be deadly in so many different ways).

It is difficult to tell from the replays how much the Hawks actually ran but it did look like they had some quick plays.

RandMo actually looked quick on the one defensive play... I would never have said that about him last year.

Diesel is right that we should take this win with a grain of salt though... this is pre-season and that wasn't a complete Washington team, but dang, the Hawks did look good out there.

It is difficult to tell from the replays how much the Hawks actually ran but it did look like they had some quick plays.

RandMo actually looked quick on the one defensive play... I would never have said that about him last year.

Diesel is right that we should take this win with a grain of salt though... this is pre-season and that wasn't a complete Washington team, but dang, the Hawks did look good out there.

RandMo was terrible yesterday.

The best players yesterday were Josh, Marvin and Teague. Crawford and Horford were OK but not as good as their stat lines. Bibby's shots were falling but he was just slow and steady.

game recap:

The Truth

October 20th, 2009

1:31 am

I was at the game and I had no idea the win would be so easy. I was thoroughly entertained. I know agent zero did not play, but the way the Hawks dominated, he probably would not have altered the game outcome much anyway. Execution wise, everything was accomplished. The Hawks played as a team and looked to be in midseason form while the Wizards played sandlot-style with no ball movement just a bunch of ISO shooters playing that way for four quarters. As BIG RAY WOULD SAY, I KNOW IT JUST PRESEASON, BUT:

Marvin is elevating his game and maybe prepping for a breakout year

JJ is still JJ; Mr. reliable, He seems to be on cruise control

Al is working on his offense in the paint and is improving his shot (a bit)

Bibby is beginning to return to form from 3-point land

Josh defense and steals were standouts. Still need some free-throw work

Joe Smith looked a bit rusty tonight

His defense looked to be a bud-light version compared to Josh

Crawford had some monster assists, still reluctant to shoot though

Impressed with Collins limited minutes; He will make a dig difference

Another monster game by Jet-Teague (I like that name)

Mo Evans is no fluke, he continues to play well

With the way the Hawks played and beat the Wizards, we may have to give them a new nickname; THE FUN BUNCH. From what I saw, Agent Zero was lucky not to be a part of the rout.

With some (on this blog) yearning for an up-tempo running team, this year with our new pieces, you just might get your wish.

game recap:

Daniel

October 20th, 2009

8:31 am

Truth- I was at the game last night, too. Where are your seats?

It was difficult to tell how good the Hawks are, because they were toying with the Wizards from the start. Teague can get anywhere on the court he wants. At least in the preseason, I don’t see the shot happy Crawford that we have all been warned about. Jason Collins is BIG! Josh needs to work on his free throws (I know it is an old story, but dang 50% from the line is going to wreck his stated goals). Marvin looked like butter.

Well, maybe I could make some observations from the game. My daughter’s new favorite player is JT0. (he gave her a high-five after the game!) Randolph, Randolph, Randolph, he had some decent board work, but man he has bricks for hands.

I was at the game on Monday too. I have to say that I was VERY impressed all around. I thought we looked very crisp for a preseason game and there did not seem to be much of a drop off when the reserves came in.

I'll post more on the subject later but I have to say that I think Teague has a chance to be a lot better than I thought (and I already thought he had a chance to be really good). I'm talking All Star good down the road. After seeing him play live for the first time, it is CLEAR why Woody likes him so much. First of all, he is FAR more of a PG already than I realized. He handles the ball so much better than the original JT did as a rookie that it is not even comparable. He also passes the ball better and he sees the floor a lot better. Frankly, I was shocked at how poised he looked. At first, I thought the first floater he made was luck...until he did it again. The layup he made high off the glass looked like something that Kenny Anderson used to do in his younger days. Smoooooooooootth! His shot is not pure but it goes in and I think it will get better as he gets stronger. Speaking of strength, that is really the only OBVIOUS issue I see for him right now. I suspect that like most rookie PGs, he is going to struggle to guard the bigger/stronger PGs. But trust me, many of them will struggle to guard him too. I'm sure he will have growing pains but if he turns out to be as good as I think he can be, we are going to be pretty dang good going forward.