• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Joe throwing darts at Crawford?

NineOhTheRino

This guy is sounding like a real prick right now. He knows shot attempts will be lower than expected (should be) and he's still putting up the same attempts per game as last year...

He is shooting 25% from 3 and didn't mention the fact Raja freaking Bell lit his *ss up in every single way in Charlotte.

I think Joe feels that selfishness does not apply to him.

He had to carry this franchise when the young guys couldn't be counted on and he had no vet help.

So, he probably feels like now that we are good, nobody is going to steal his thunder in his contract year.

One problem, this really does not help the team.

I explained this in that Josh Smith praising thread. If it was directed at anybody, it was directed at Josh Smith.

Ok but

Josh has an efficiency rating of 23 and is shooting almost 60% from the field.

Nobody hates a "Smoove" jumper more than I do

I count them as turnovers

But if he is shooting in that paint he has a green light from me

I will never complain about a shot he takes in the paint

And how many and1's does this guy have this season

I just don't think you can ignore leaving a pile of money on the table and waking up one morning and finding all these "new developments"

That said I still felt good about what I actually heard (not read) from JJ regarding the matter after the Nuggets game

I think hearing JJ gives you a better context than reading his quotes

• Moderators

I think Joe feels that selfishness does not apply to him.

He had to carry this franchise when the young guys couldn't be counted on and he had no vet help.

So, he probably feels like now that we are good, nobody is going to steal his thunder in his contract year.

One problem, this really does not help the team.

People here realize JJ is doing what Woody is asking of him, right? I don't get the cries of "selfish" for our best player the last few years doing what his coach tells him to do. If JJ was pounding the ball while Woody was trying to get the guys to run a Princeton offense that would be one thing. When the coach is going "JJ iso left" and "JJ iso right" then that is less about the player being selfish and more about the scheme.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

People here realize JJ is doing what Woody is asking of him, right? I don't get the cries of "selfish" for our best player the last few years doing what his coach tells him to do. If JJ was pounding the ball while Woody was trying to get the guys to run a Princeton offense that would be one thing. When the coach is going "JJ iso left" and "JJ iso right" then that is less about the player being selfish and more about the scheme.

I honestly think guys would rather see Crawford running this team. Just sad to see how fast we turn on a guy when the next big thing comes around.

• Like 2

I had to watch the game on MSG last night and Walt Clyde Fraiser and the other analyst talked about JJ's comments in length. They said they were suprised that he kept harping on it even after the win vs Denver. Then they mentioned more than once during the game that JJ is one of the main culprits of playing selfish ball on the Hawks team after seeing him try to do something crazy vs a double team and not passing out of it.

• Premium Member

I had to watch the game on MSG last night and Walt Clyde Fraiser and the other analyst talked about JJ's comments in length. They said they were suprised that he kept harping on it even after the win vs Denver. Then they mentioned more than once during the game that JJ is one of the main culprits of playing selfish ball on the Hawks team after seeing him try to do something crazy vs a double team and not passing out of it.

If you watched the game on that feed, you also heard them comment on Jamal Crawford going one-on-one and taking bad shots, and commenting that the Hawks do that a lot. And if you watched games last year, you saw Flip Murray do the same damned thing.

I honestly think guys would rather see Crawford running this team. Just sad to see how fast we turn on a guy when the next big thing comes around.

AHF and NineOh have it exactly right. I'm definitely not saying that JJ isn't the guy that has done it the most, but that's to be expected since he gets the ball the most. But Crawford going one-on-one and taking contested or off-balance shots (I counted five times that he did that in the second half) is a novelty, so somehow it seems less egregious. Same with Flip last year. Same with Tyronn freaking Lue 2 years before that. How many guards dominating the ball and going one-on-one will it take before people start realizing that it's the system (or lack thereof) that breeds that style of play?

Edited by niremetal

I hate watching Knicks games. Frazier is the biggest homer announcer out there. He's annoying. Geesh, the Knicks are 1-8. I 'd hate to hear him when they're having any success...

I hate watching Knicks games. Frazier is the biggest homer announcer out there. He's annoying. Geesh, the Knicks are 1-8. I 'd hate to hear him when they're having any success...

You apparently have never heard either Clyde Drexler with Houston the GS broadcast crew or God forbid the Boston broadcast crew. The Boston guy especially would call a ref out to the parking lot if he dared called a foul by Pierce.

I also don't understand that spin. JJ said some things, but he still is our first gun like it or not and probably second best shooting guard in the east. He's much more consistent on offense than Crawford, who, when gets cold, is good for nothing, and much better defensive player. Joe played through injury big parts of last season, you have to respect him for that.