• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What will the Antifan say when we beat Boston?

Diesel

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's nothing anyone in their right mind can say about this one. We out muscled and out hustled the big bad Celtics. We beat them at their own game. Just beautiful to see. If we could approach teams like Charlotte the same way we'd be talking about fighting for the 1 seed instead of just hoping for the 3 seed and being content with 4.

Fire up that excuse machine...Chris Paul is out 1-2 weeks with an ankle sprain.

I don't think its an excuse when Paul is out; that is a pretty good reason to not play as well. But I do think even with Paul we are the better all around team. We lose JJ, .500 ball is possible. I dont think the Hornets can play .500 ball without Paul....

That was a joke. I know you haven't been here long, but I'm considered the biggest "anti-fan" here. But the fact that Indy went in there the very next night and handled them fairly easy points to Boston just not playing well or playing their hardest right now.

I'm sure Indy catching an older team on the tail end of a back to back in their own arena had more to do with it than Boston slumping. We on the other hand took it to them in their own home with them having over a full day of rest. I mean honestly had that been SA, Pop wouldn't have even bothered suiting up his vets but I guess whatever, the "we're going to fold against a top defense" argument isn't working to well for you so we are on to the next one.

I'm sure Indy catching an older team on the tail end of a back to back in their own arena had more to do with it than Boston slumping. We on the other hand took it to them in their own home with them having over a full day of rest. I mean honestly had that been SA, Pop wouldn't have even bothered suiting up his vets but I guess whatever, the "we're going to fold against a top defense" argument isn't working to well for you so we are on to the next one.

I can buy the old and tired argument late in the season, but it's 10 games into the season and the Celtics have more depth. Not buying it. Boston doesn't seem to be taking the season as seriously as they have the last two years. That doesn't mean winning in Boston isn't a good win, but I think Boston is slacking abit.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I can buy the old and tired argument late in the season, but it's 10 games into the season and the Celtics have more depth. Not buying it. Boston doesn't seem to be taking the season as seriously as they have the last two years. That doesn't mean winning in Boston isn't a good win, but I think Boston is slacking abit.

Tell that to Celtic fans. Most of them believe it's old age that's killing them. They just can't keep up. And :laughing5: at "slacking" and "not taking the season a bit too seriously." What does that even mean? That they don't care they lost two home games already? That they're going to shrug their shoulders after an Indiana loss? They want another championship, I doubt they're "slacking."

Tell that to Celtic fans. Most of them believe it's old age that's killing them. They just can't keep up. And :laughing5: at "slacking" and "not taking the season a bit too seriously." What does that even mean? That they don't care they lost two home games already? That they're going to shrug their shoulders after an Indiana loss? They want another championship, I doubt they're "slacking."

This team was still playing extremely well in the playoffs last year despite missing their best player. They didn't just get a lot worse in 5 months. They're not going to over do it like they did last year and have nothing left for the playoffs. Do you seriously believe that they're playing as hard as they did last year? The first game against Boston last year was far more intense than this one was.

I'm glad they proved me wrong and dominated the game though. It's a really good win. But I suspect that we will see a different Boston team later in the year. Right now, none of the contenders are looking overly powerful, but the long season tells the story.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

This team was still playing extremely well in the playoffs last year despite missing their best player. They didn't just get a lot worse in 5 months. They're not going to over do it like they did last year and have nothing left for the playoffs. Do you seriously believe that they're playing as hard as they did last year?

kg1.jpg

I don't know, looks like KG took that loss to Atlanta pretty hard. Pretty good indicator he's taking things seriously.

And yes, I do believe they're playing hard. At least in the Atlanta game it appeared that way. And how should I know if they're playing as hard as last year? I hardly saw any of their games, so I can't say. But from the Atlanta game, it looked like they were trying out there.

The first game against Boston last year was far more intense than this one was.

That's because last year's team wasn't as good. Easier for Boston to come back and tie/take the lead. This year, we were able to hold off whatever comeback they attempted to mount, because we're that much better.

But I suspect that we will see a different Boston team later in the year.

Yeah, probably. But they won't walk all over us, like they did the last two years.

kg1.jpg

I don't know, looks like KG took that loss to Atlanta pretty hard. Pretty good indicator he's taking things seriously.

And yes, I do believe they're playing hard. At least in the Atlanta game it appeared that way. And how should I know if they're playing as hard as last year? I hardly saw any of their games, so I can't say. But from the Atlanta game, it looked like they were trying out there.

KG is always being overly emotional. But that doesn't speak for the entire team. Do you really believe they were thinking their championship hopes just went down the drain? You think they're getting depressed or down over 1 loss in November?

That's because last year's team wasn't as good. Easier for Boston to come back and tie/take the lead. This year, we were able to hold off whatever comeback they attempted to mount, because we're that much better.

Some fair points. But Boston didn't seem as active to me as they've been the last few years. A Boston team going all out plays better than they did. Rondo was strangely in active as a scorer. It's not like Bibby can do anything to stop him.

Yeah, probably. But they won't walk all over us, like they did the last two years.

I guess we will find out as the season goes along.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

KG is always being overly emotional. But that doesn't speak for the entire team. Do you really believe they were thinking their championship hopes just went down the drain? You think they're getting depressed or down over 1 loss in November?

Some fair points. But Boston didn't seem as active to me as they've been the last few years. A Boston team going all out plays better than they did. Rondo was strangely in active as a scorer. It's not like Bibby can do anything to stop him.

I guess we will find out as the season goes along.

I stand by my 'DUMB' statement. Refer to my avatar...

Edited by DjGrizz

I stand by my 'DUMB' statement. Refer to my avatar...

I really don't care what you "stand by". The inconsistencies of this team are still there. It hasn't cost them games yet, but that don't mean that it will not. I'm not going to be fickle and hype a team up 9 games into the season. I'm not going to conform to typical fanboy behavior. They won a tough game in Boston, I was wrong. But I'll wait to the season plays out a bit further to see if this team starts committed before I start calling them a contender. After all, mediocre Miami is also 7-2 right now and the top teams haven't got it on gear as of yet. Lots of teams with new parts this season.

Edited by Hotlanta1981