• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What will the Antifan say when we beat Boston?

Diesel

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

KG is always being overly emotional. But that doesn't speak for the entire team. Do you really believe they were thinking their championship hopes just went down the drain? You think they're getting depressed or down over 1 loss in November?

You think KG is going to let his team coast through games? You think he's going to allow his team to "not take games seriously?" He made Big Baby cry like a baby(lol) because he thought Glen was playing like a timid, lazy fool.

Where's your proof Boston is slacking, and not taking the early goings of this season seriously? You think Boston wanted to lose two games in a row? You think they wanted to lose to Indiana, or get thoroughly outworked on their own homecourt by us? Early in the season, late in the season, who cares, every game matters. You can't go around pretending the first ten games of the season doesn't matter.

And of course I don't think their championship hopes are down the drain, or that they're depressed. But they're probably not happy losing to a team they should have beaten(Indiana) or to a team they felt they could beat(us).

I really don't care what you "stand by". The inconsistencies of this team are still there. It hasn't cost them games yet, but that don't mean that it will not. I'm not going to be fickle and hype a team up 9 games into the season. I'm not going to conform to typical fanboy behavior. They won a tough game in Boston, I was wrong. But I'll wait to the season plays out a bit further to see if this team starts committed before I start calling them a contender. After all, mediocre Miami is also 7-2 right now and the top teams haven't got it on gear as of yet. Lots of teams with new parts this season.

I never said they were a contender. You simply just don't understand when to give credit, when credit is due.

You can call me a 'fanboy' all you want. But considering it's coming from a cynic, it doesn't bother me.

You think KG is going to let his team coast through games? You think he's going to allow his team to "not take games seriously?" He made Big Baby cry like a baby(lol) because he thought Glen was playing like a timid, lazy fool.

Where's your proof Boston is slacking, and not taking the early goings of this season seriously? You think Boston wanted to lose two games in a row? You think they wanted to lose to Indiana, or get thoroughly outworked on their own homecourt by us? Early in the season, late in the season, who cares, every game matters. You can't go around pretending the first ten games of the season doesn't matter.

And of course I don't think their championship hopes are down the drain, or that they're depressed. But they're probably not happy losing to a team they should have beaten(Indiana) or to a team they felt they could beat(us).

How do you want me to prove that I don't feel they're giving 100%? I'm an opinion. I didn't see a team working to expose the Hawks biggest weakness (Bibby).... I didn't see a team playing anywhere near as good of defense as they usually would. I didn't see a very active team. What I saw was a team pacing it;s self for the long season. If they're playing 100%..... The chances of Indiana beating them by double figures is next to none. If the Celtics/Hawks game was the other way you would probably be saying "It's only one game. Forget about it and move on to the next one". If your Boston, early regular season games don't matter that as much. I just didn't see a team playing with a sense of urgency.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I never said they were a contender. You simply just don't understand when to give credit, when credit is due.

You can call me a 'fanboy' all you want. But considering it's coming from a cynic, it doesn't bother me.

I gave them credit. They've gotten off to a good start (Charlotte game aside) but it's only 9 games into the season. They won a tough game and they won convincingly. Just because I don't think that Boston played with a sense of urgency doesn't mean that I don't think it was a really good win. I know that I don't sound overly excited, but I don't get overly excited about anything.

• Premium Member

I can buy the old and tired argument late in the season, but it's 10 games into the season and the Celtics have more depth. Not buying it. Boston doesn't seem to be taking the season as seriously as they have the last two years. That doesn't mean winning in Boston isn't a good win, but I think Boston is slacking abit.

I think the Celts took our game very seriously. Notice Doc's Subbing pattern in the 2nd half. Knowing he had to play Indy the next night, Doc play the 3 just about the whole 3rd and 4th quarters. Shelden didn't make a reappearance. That team is really old. They can't just muster up the energy on a back to back, especially one that will be an away game in front of a full crowd. I watched a little of that game and the crowd was huge. Me and My wife joked about there being nothing to do in Indy. We caught them at their best and we beat them down.

I think the Celts took our game very seriously. Notice Doc's Subbing pattern in the 2nd half. Knowing he had to play Indy the next night, Doc play the 3 just about the whole 3rd and 4th quarters. Shelden didn't make a reappearance. That team is really old. They can't just muster up the energy on a back to back, especially one that will be an away game in front of a full crowd. I watched a little of that game and the crowd was huge. Me and My wife joked about there being nothing to do in Indy. We caught them at their best and we beat them down.

It just didn't seem like they played as hard as I expected. Yeah, I understand the circumstances are some different than they were this time last year, but I figured on seeing higher level of play from them. Then they turn around and lose to an Indy team with no defense. I don't buy that they just got too old in 5 months. I guess only time will tell. Obviously Rondo can play a lot better, so no... The hawks didn't catch them at their best. If Rondo goes at Bibby on the offensive end the results might have been different. If I'm the coach, Rondo has a bigger role on that team now. But it would be great if that was their best... If it was, no championship for them.

As for Indy...My sister had the same things to say about that place. Very boring.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

It just didn't seem like they played as hard as I expected. Yeah, I understand the circumstances are some different than they were this time last year, but I figured on seeing higher level of play from them. Then they turn around and lose to an Indy team with no defense. I don't buy that they just got too old in 5 months. I guess only time will tell. Obviously Rondo can play a lot better, so no... The hawks didn't catch them at their best. If Rondo goes at Bibby on the offensive end the results might have been different. If I'm the coach, Rondo has a bigger role on that team now. But it would be great if that was their best... If it was, no championship for them.

As for Indy...My sister had the same things to say about that place. Very boring.

For you, we're going to have to add "they didn't play hard" to this poll... The truth of the matter is a few days ago, everybody was saying that this Boston team was better than the one that won the championship because of the additions of Daniels and the improved play of Rondo, Perk and Shelden. We come to town and now all the sudden... ______________________ (fill in the blank with your excuse). Maybe we're pretty good?

• Like 2

For you, we're going to have to add "they didn't play hard" to this poll... The truth of the matter is a few days ago, everybody was saying that this Boston team was better than the one that won the championship because of the additions of Daniels and the improved play of Rondo, Perk and Shelden. We come to town and now all the sudden... ______________________ (fill in the blank with your excuse). Maybe we're pretty good?

And Indy went in there and whipped them the very next game. The Spurs are 4-4.... The Heat are 7-2.... The Suns are 7-2.... The Thunder is winning games.... Houston is 6-4 without any legit number 1 scorer. The Lakers have dropped 2 in a row. We shall see if these same things keep happening and we'll see where the team is at in Jan.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

I really don't care what you "stand by". The inconsistencies of this team are still there. It hasn't cost them games yet, but that don't mean that it will not. I'm not going to be fickle and hype a team up 9 games into the season. I'm not going to conform to typical fanboy behavior. They won a tough game in Boston, I was wrong. But I'll wait to the season plays out a bit further to see if this team starts committed before I start calling them a contender. After all, mediocre Miami is also 7-2 right now and the top teams haven't got it on gear as of yet. Lots of teams with new parts this season.

The Celtics were hitting on all cylinders heading into the game, their point differential was at around 16 plus, they were seen as the number one team in basketball by everyone. They played us, rested, on national television, and in their home court. We dominated them.

I don't see how you can't be happy about this win. Just because they lost the next game (second of a back to back on the road, against a hot team, with less than 24 hours in between games: 8 a clock game on friday, 7 a clock game on saturday) it doesn't take anything away from ours. They gave us their best shot, their best flops, their best whining to the refs, and we ate their lunch. I seriously don't see how you are a real fan. Sorry, but it just doesn't make any sense.

• Moderators

And Indy went in there and whipped them the very next game.

That is the biggest difference. Indy played at home and beat the Celtics. We beat the Celtics at Boston.

Boston won 65% of games on the road last year and 85% at home.

6 losses at home all season versus 14 losses on the road

That is a big difference.

Rested and at home versus the second night of back to back on the road.

That is the biggest difference. Indy played at home and beat the Celtics. We beat the Celtics at Boston.

I just noticed that...... That game was in Indy and I didn't realize that. My bad. It does make a difference. This team has a history of playing Boston well and this team blew Denver out last year. I understand to an extent why people are excited... There has been so little to cheer about this decade, but it's still so early in the season.

I just noticed that...... That game was in Indy and I didn't realize that. My bad. It does make a difference. This team has a history of playing Boston well and this team blew Denver out last year. I understand to an extent why people are excited... There has been so little to cheer about this decade, but it's still so early in the season. Boston is clicking when they're making three's and Rondo is balancing out their team. If Rondo, Allen, KG and PP are all playing good ball, the Hawks can't beat them.

No doubt. We lose two out of 3 and suddenly things aren't quite so euphoric. That said, we might as well enjoy the good times while they are here!

Your clearly not going to beat everybody... The Hawks almost never beat the Spurs. But you can get a real idea of where the team is at when they've played all the contenders.