Fri's Game in Boston should be a good indicator

JackB1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I'm not terribly optimistic. The Celts are efficient and smart offensively and too good defensively to allow Crawford or Joe to go off. Horford will struggle, too.

Keeping the Hawks in this will need to be the work of Josh Smith and Mike Bibby.

• Premium Member

I would consider a loss by less than 20 a victory. This team is still a few years away from competing with the top tier teams on the road.

I would consider a loss by less than 20 a victory. This team is still a few years away from competing with the top tier teams on the road.

Are you serious??? The Hawks lost IN BOSTON last year by one point on a shot at the buzzer. Now, you are somehow trying to say that losing by less than 20 would now be a victory????? On the contrary. Losing by 15, 17, or 19 points would be a step backwards in my opinion. It would make much more sense if you said that losing by less than 5 would be a victory, but losing by 19 is still getting your butt kicked any way you slice it.

HATE THE CELTS.......I JUST HATE EVERYTHING THEY STAND FOR....A win tonight would be just another W in the column but just so much sweeter.

Just wanna take a pair of scissors and head to their rafters and cut down every banner they have...sorry went a lil too far there.. :angry22:

I'm not terribly optimistic. The Celts are efficient and smart offensively and too good defensively to allow Crawford or Joe to go off. Horford will struggle, too.

Keeping the Hawks in this will need to be the work of Josh Smith and Mike Bibby.

They WILL double team Joe like every smart team does. Whether or not Joe responds by passing out of it quickly is another story.

I hope the Hawks break out their new red uni's tonite :)

seems like the perfect time to bust em out.

You won't see them until the home game against Orlando on Thanksgiving.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/new_second_road_uniform.html

The Hawks will wear the second road uniforms for two home games during the season, as well as six road contests:

• November 26 vs. Orlando Magic (Philips Arena 8 p.m.)

• December 11 at Toronto Raptors (7 p.m.)

• January 4 at Miami Heat (7:30 p.m.)

• January 18 vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (Philips Arena 2 p.m.)

• February 6 at Washington Wizards (7 p.m.)

• March 1 at Chicago Bulls (8 p.m.)

• March 26 at Philadelphia 76ers (7 p.m.)

• April 2 at Cleveland Cavaliers (8 p.m.)

Well guys its official, I just called my director and told him I wasnt gonna make it tonight because my car broke down 30 miles away. I go to school in Nashville and never get to watch us play so I was not gonna miss this game no matter what. All I know is we had better WIN or at least keep it close until the very end or Im gonna be very upset I had to lie to watch the game.

C'mon Hawks, make it worth my while!!!!

At this point in the season, it's more about our mental physche than it is a win or a loss. I know we played them tough last year, but we ended up with an awful road record. We have a solid win over Portland in 09', and a terrible loss as well. So far, we've looked better on the road. Now is the chance to compete only 8 games in. We keep this game close, win or lose, will be much better for us as far as confidence the rest of the season.

Well guys its official, I just called my director and told him I wasnt gonna make it tonight because my car broke down 30 miles away. I go to school in Nashville and never get to watch us play so I was not gonna miss this game no matter what. All I know is we had better WIN or at least keep it close until the very end or Im gonna be very upset I had to lie to watch the game.

C'mon Hawks, make it worth my while!!!!

No pressure....haha. Love the dedication!!

Starters look good . . bench was horrible except Zaza.

Look for Woody to not play Teague and possibly Joe Smith in the 2nd half ( unless Smoove picks up some quick fouls . . . and even then, Woody should go with Marvin )

Crawford needs to give us something toward the end of the 3rd qtr, or he needs to sit the bench with Teague and Joe Smith.

Interesting game.