• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf

buckeye242424

• Premium Member

Al has got offense. He just needs some polishing. I love how he's calling for the ball though and taking those shots with no hesitation. We need that scoring in the paint. Not coincedentally, we are leading the league in that department and winning serious games. We suck when we settle for jump shots and jump shooting teams only go so far. Getting points in the paint is a MUST and I'm glad Horf (and Josh) have picked it up this year. I'd like to see us go to them (especially Horf) more often.

Joining Ernie, Kenny and Charles in studio tonight.

Have to give some love to Horf. He had a tough sophomore season, but he looks to have progressed in every area. I'm especially pleased to see him challenging so many shots and being a defensive force in the middle. His offensive game shows growth too.

I used to think that Smith and Horford could not be a championship 4/5 tandem. It's harder to say that today.

Edited by txsting

Al has got offense. He just needs some polishing. I love how he's calling for the ball though and taking those shots with no hesitation. We need that scoring in the paint. Not coincedentally, we are leading the league in that department and winning serious games. We suck when we settle for jump shots and jump shooting teams only go so far. Getting points in the paint is a MUST and I'm glad Horf (and Josh) have picked it up this year. I'd like to see us go to them (especially Horf) more often.

Al is showing some NICE moves in the low post this year and his 15 foot J has improved since last year. I think the biggest differences are that he is going much quicker and that he looks more fluid. I remember one move he put on Oden in the POR game where he faked the hard drive right and then spun back to the middle for the little J in the lane. Nothing but net. NICE! He's not there yet, and he likely won't get there playing beside Smoove (a numbers monster himself), but he is starting to look like the 17/18 ppg, 11/12 rbg guy I thought he could be at his ceiling.

Have to give some love to Horf. He had a tough sophomore season, but he looks to have progressed in every area. I'm especially pleased to see him challenging so many shots and being a defensive force in the middle. His offensive game shows growth too.

I used to think that Smith and Horford could not be a championship 4/5 tandem. It's harder to say that today.

I remember those debates. I always argued that it could work because Josh Smith is one of the best weakside shot blockers in NBA history. And with the length and athleticism of those two they could overcome their deficiencies. But I have to say they've even exceeded my expectations particularly Al Horford who I did not think his defense would translate into as many shot blocks as it has this season. Most of Horford's blocks at Florida were on shorter guys driving to the lane, this season he's even blocking guys who post him up.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack