• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Adelman trusts Aaron Brooks, why not Woodson with Teague?

hawks21

Mike Bibby has trouble guarding quick guards and when Bibby's shot isn't falling, he is a real liability on the floor. I am not advocating Bibby be benched, but Jeff Teague has to get 16 to 18 minutes a night and it provides the Hawks a CHANGE OF PACE.

Teague will make mistakes, just like Bibby. They both have liabilities. Bibby is clearly the more experienced playr, but second-year player Aaron Brooks and other younger quick guards generally have their way with Bibby.

Teague is the future, but the future is also NOW.

Bibby doesn't provide consistent mismatch problems, but Teague can. Teague drives to the basket and has the ability to challenge and break down defenses.

Edited by hawks21

Bibby a QB on the court, Teague a better player but hasn't grasp the position yet. He struggled at PG in college.

• Premium Member

I don't think Woody wants to screw around with team chemistry. Also remember that woody''s not in the teaching business during games. Right now it's produce or sit.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Bibby a QB on the court, Teague a better player but hasn't grasp the position yet. He struggled at PG in college.

Well he cant learn from sitting on the bench. I hope Price is helping him with his shot and some PG skills during practice.

• Premium Member

Well he cant learn from sitting on the bench. I hope Price is helping him with his shot and some PG skills during practice.

He has to take it upon himself to become better. First thing he can do is start making those layups. He's getting to the rim but he's really having a hard time finishing.

Jeff is better than Acie and even though he isn't a polished PG, he is still a playmaker who can make positive contributions on the floor. JT-0 can make his teammates better by driving to the basket and drawing the defense and setting up his teammates or getting an AND-1.

Denver is allowing Ty Lawson play. Jonny Flynn is getting playing time in Minnesota. Brandon Jennings is ballin in Milwaukee as a 19 year old rookie.

Jeff's skillset for 16-18 minutes a game should be seen more a positive than a negative.

Jeff is better than Acie and even though he isn't a polished PG, he is still a playmaker who can make positive contributions on the floor. JT-0 can make his teammates better by driving to the basket and drawing the defense and setting up his teammates or getting an AND-1.

Denver is allowing Ty Lawson play. Jonny Flynn is getting playing time in Minnesota. Brandon Jennings is ballin in Milwaukee as a 19 year old rookie.

Jeff's skillset for 16-18 minutes a game should be seen more a positive than a negative.

You cannot compare Jennings to Teague. Two completely different understanding of the position. Ty is playing and that's good for Ty. Teague will get PT, but Woody is trying to ride the wave. We are winning games. 7 in a row and we and complaining about a rookie PG who is unpolished at the position.

The team is 11-2 best record in the East and we're resigned to complaining about the 20th something pick in the draft getting some PT at the beginning of his Rookie year?

I don't know how much Teague played tonight but the Hawks won by 2 points on a last second put back.

This game was hardly an opportunity for a coach to try and work a Rookie in for significant minutes.

• Like 1

This is Aaron Brooks' 3rd year. He has proven a lot more than Teague has.

At this point Bibby is a better player. I don't have a problem with Teague's minutes. Especially with us winning.

But somebody had to give him a chance. He wasn't getting any mins under van gundy. After he got his feet wet under Rick Adelman, he has become a more stable productive force on the floor.

Brendan Haywards was crediting part of his production this year on Flip providing him with consistent mins. He mentioned that when a player doesn't know how many mins he will get, he feels the need to press when given playing time to impress the coach enough to stay on the court. It affects a players psyche more than most think.

And who says that Teague is better than Acie? Acie was doing the same things Teague is doing . . . showing flashes that he could be a good distributing PG . . and missing a ton of lay-ups when he does get to the rim.

So until Teague shows that he's no more than just more athletic than Acie, I'm not saying he's better than Acie. And Teague is nowhere near Aaron Brooks' level yet. Nowhere near.

Here's a quote I saw in Friday's edition of USA Today. They had a nice little write up about the Hawks. This is what they have Woody saying:

"People were on me in the past about using my bench . . . but . . . if I'm not comfortable with it, I'm going to go with who I can win with."

AMEN Woody.

• Premium Member

Acie was doing the same things Teague is doing . . . showing flashes that he could be a good distributing PG . . and missing a ton of lay-ups when he does get to the rim.

preach

It has to be a 2-way street. Teague has to earn his way onto the court by making those gimme shots.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

[

]"People were on me in the past about using my bench . . . but . . . if I'm not comfortable with it, I'm going to go with who I can win with."

So by the time playoffs get here, all of our players are done. JT-0 should get 12 minutes per night at least, cant grow if you dont play, and not garage minutes. if we have such a good bench, he should use them, joe got 45 minutes tonight, too much. woodson will never use his bench because....if the game is close u know who stays out there, and most games are close..

Looks like Woodson is well on his way to destroying Teague's confidence. We were getting killed all night by their speed at pg, but Woodson just cant help himself. He is married to a rotation of his five starters plus one super sub. Think there is any connection between JJ going 45 minutes and JJ going 6-18?

Woodson doesnt play young pg's, and Woodson plays JJ into the ground. These things have happened during Woodson's entire tenure, and I am 0% surprised that they continue to happen.

But somebody had to give him a chance. He wasn't getting any mins under van gundy. After he got his feet wet under Rick Adelman, he has become a more stable productive force on the floor.

Brendan Haywards was crediting part of his production this year on Flip providing him with consistent mins. He mentioned that when a player doesn't know how many mins he will get, he feels the need to press when given playing time to impress the coach enough to stay on the court. It affects a players psyche more than most think.

Haywood has earned his minutes, Teague hasn't.

• Premium Member

preach

It has to be a 2-way street. Teague has to earn is way onto the court by making those gimme shots.

So the dunk he made was what? look at all the bad shots other players take.............

He doesn't take bad shots but he has to learn to finish.

And i know what you're thinking: "How will he ever learn to finish if he doesn't get the PT?"

The player has to be self-motivated (I have no doubt that JT is) to take his game to a level worthy of taking mins from contributing player.