• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NOW WE KNOW Pt.3

MVP23

.NOW WE KNOW....we're better than the 76ers...

1...We can't lose if Al and Josh have good games. Regardless of what Joe and Jamal do...

2. Woody is still a moron. How does Mo get more time than Teague...AGAIN???

3.Joe Johnson IS NOT worth 14 Million..can you say Larry Hughes?

.NOW WE KNOW....we're better than the 76ers...

1...We can't lose if Al and Josh have good games. Regardless of what Joe and Jamal do...

2. Woody is still a moron. How does Mo get more time than Teague...AGAIN???

3.Joe Johnson IS NOT worth 14 Million..can you say Larry Hughes?

You've got to be joking. Let's slide Larry Hughes into Joe's role....haha, where would we be? Comical.

It's worth overpaying to keep the chemistry together though.

We've come to far to start over

Great point. But I guess people would want Crawford leading this team, as long as we stay under the luxury tax.

We run the risk of becoming like Golden St without Baron Davis . . or the Clippers without Elton Brand ( both who went into decline after they played around with not giving their best player a contract that would make them happy ).

Lose JJ, and Crawford becomes "the man". Then, when he can't do it, we're signing a bunch of good, but journeymen players, trying to compensate for the loss of JJ.

JJ may not be a MAX contract player, but teams around the league love that dude. And all of the major star players love him too. So we might as well get into the mindset that we're going to have to possibly pay whatever the market value sets for JJ.

If we lose JJ, and JJ teams up with Lebron or Wade . . or even Bosh or Amare . . we're screwed. We'd definitely not have a chance of winning anything then.

Well, if Joe doesn't step up and be consistent he won't be signed for the amount he wants. BY ANYBODY. Honestly Joe has been annoying me this season, seems every time he gets the ball it immediately turns into ISO Joe.... You saw the result of that against Orlando and even the Sixers, right?

I'll try to keep this brief, but if we don't pay JJ max money some other team gladly will. There is a notion that the max contract is only for the superstars of the league, it just isn't true. There are 32 teams in the league and they all can afford at least one max player and about a dozen or more teams that will pay for 2 or more. Every team in the league would pay JJ max money if they had cap space for it. He is a matchup nightmare who scores in a variety of ways, rebounds, plays defense, and gets a lot of assists all while playing among the most minutes in the league.

What people have to realize is that max contract does not mean that you are on par with Kobe and Lebron, but it's more about what teams can afford to pay to be competitive. If there was not a cap on what a player could earn the elite players would get twice what a max contract would pay or more. In my opinion that confuses people into believing that only a small group of players are worth a max contract. In reality each team has the space to sign at least one max player and several teams willing to pay for more than one so that leaves 32 teams trying to sign the very best.

JJ is not Kobe but is worth the max. Two totally different conversations.

Joe Johnson IS NOT worth 14 Million..can you say Larry Hughes?

Breh i aint got nothing against you but come on now larry hughes seriously i know hes not bad but hes not good enough to replace JOE JOHNSON

Edited by Chaze

I'll try to keep this brief, but if we don't pay JJ max money some other team gladly will. There is a notion that the max contract is only for the superstars of the league, it just isn't true. There are 32 teams in the league and they all can afford at least one max player and about a dozen or more teams that will pay for 2 or more. Every team in the league would pay JJ max money if they had cap space for it. He is a matchup nightmare who scores in a variety of ways, rebounds, plays defense, and gets a lot of assists all while playing among the most minutes in the league.

What people have to realize is that max contract does not mean that you are on par with Kobe and Lebron, but it's more about what teams can afford to pay to be competitive. If there was not a cap on what a player could earn the elite players would get twice what a max contract would pay or more. In my opinion that confuses people into believing that only a small group of players are worth a max contract. In reality each team has the space to sign at least one max player and several teams willing to pay for more than one so that leaves 32 teams trying to sign the very best.

JJ is not Kobe but is worth the max. Two totally different conversations.

I agree with some, but not all, of this. You make very cogent points about "if there was no cap" and the economic supply/demand side of who gets a max contract. The bottom line is this though: Joe Johnson, in the strictest sense of what most fans hold to be true regarding a max contract, is NOT worth a max contract. He is a very good player (even a star in many circles), but is no superstar. But here is the reality, no matter what a person's perception of a max contract is, it will likely take a max contract in order for the Hawks to retain him.

Period.