• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Subway Fresh Take: Legler says Hawks are for real

Admin

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4710602"/></object>

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=4710602"/></object>

Hey Dolfan, can u twitter this link to Smoove? i think this guy can be the final sensei he needs. That is why I disagree with Woody on Josh and Al. I know Woody likes his guards but we have a frontcourt that not only plays D but can also kick asparagus on the offensive end easily. They aren't given enough touches night in and night out to become consistent fixtures on the offensive end. Woody just wants these guys to grab boards and dunk.

Yeah, well he is full of crap. These guys can't even slow down Al Harrington and they're for real?

What has this team really done since beating Boston.... Let's take a look

-They blew out a bad NO team (It was close until the middle of the 4th) at home.

-Barely beat an underachieving Blazers team at home in over time.

-Beat an overrated Miami team at home

-Beat an injury plagued Houston team by 1 point in over time

-Lost in NO

-Got Thumped in Orlando

-Beat an injury plagued Philly team that is bad even when healty

-Got doubled up on the boards in a loss to Detroit

-Beat up the worse defensive team in the NBA

-Got owned by a Knicks team missing a starter at home

Yeah, they're for real alright.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

-They blew out a bad NO team (It was close until the middle of the 4th) at home.

-Lost in NO

-Got Thumped in Orlando

Before the season started we had one of the toughest predicted schedules of the league.

We had to start off with a Pacers team known for being very scrappy.

A healthy revamped Wizards team.

Lakers and Blazers 2x(who were also considered to be entering Elite status)

A scrappy Kings team

Nuggets, Boston(@Boston), New Orleans/Knicks 2x(who knew Chris Paul would be out/2nd game fresh off of high of beating a good Pheonix).

Pistons(revamped offensively/ because of injuries we thought it would be an easy win)

Raptorsrevamped

Heat(Ask the Lakers if their overrated)

A scrappy Rockets, the Magic and a team that made the playoffs last year in 76ers.

Our problem this year is that we've struggled to show up against low marquee teams at times. Yes we can turn it on when needed when we continue to have good ball movement and defense but when we struggle in those categories we struggle period.

Before the season started we had one of the toughest predicted schedules of the league.

We had to start off with a Pacers team known for being very scrappy.

A healthy revamped Wizards team.

Lakers and Blazers 2x(who were also considered to be entering Elite status)

A scrappy Kings team

Nuggets, Boston(@Boston), New Orleans/Knicks 2x(who knew Chris Paul would be out/2nd game fresh off of high of beating a good Pheonix).

Pistons(revamped offensively/ because of injuries we thought it would be an easy win)

Raptorsrevamped

Heat(Ask the Lakers if their overrated)

A scrappy Rockets, the Magic and a team that made the playoffs last year in 76ers.

Our problem this year is that we've struggled to show up against low marquee teams at times. Yes we can turn it on when needed when we continue to have good ball movement and defense but when we struggle in those categories we struggle period.

The Pacers only won 37 games last year and have basically the same team this year. I think Jamison was out and Bulter only played a half in that Wizards game..... The Blazers have underachieved this season.

The win against Boston was a quality win and the win against the McNuggets was SOMEWHAT good, but the Chicken Nuggets were missing K-Mart and JR Smith. But the Hawks blew out Denver last year by 25 points last season. The Heat started off good on nearly an entire home record. Oh, and it's basically the same team that look abysmal in the first round of the playoffs last year.

-Lost in NO

-Got Thumped in Orlando

You play the schedule that you're given, we have one of the best records in the league playing the schedule that we were given.........what have the lakers done? Don't think you'll question them tho........According to you Boston is for real and they lost at home to us and Orlando pretty much just getting outplayed and out hustled in both......they also lost to that same Pacer team that ur talking about.

You play the schedule that you're given, we have one of the best records in the league playing the schedule that we were given.........what have the lakers done? Don't think you'll question them tho........According to you Boston is for real and they lost at home to us and Orlando pretty much just getting outplayed and out hustled in both......they also lost to that same Pacer team that ur talking about.

The Lakers, Celtics and Orlando have already proven that they can get to the elite level. The Hawks have no not. This stuff isn't rocket science... It's obvious stuff.

I remember Tim Legler in the 2005 draft saying that Josh Smith has the most chance on being a bust. That didn't happen, but I always thought that Legler was a pretty decent analyst.

Thats odd because Josh Smith was drafted in 2004 and Legler didn't do any draft coverage that year.

Jay Bilas was the analyst that claimed Josh Smith would be the biggest bust.

The Lakers, Celtics and Orlando have already proven that they can get to the elite level. The Hawks have no not. This stuff isn't rocket science... It's obvious stuff.

Point is any and every team loses games, its the nba and it just happens. We are a very young team and we're still trying to reach that elite level BUT that doesn't mean that we can't do it........not many people thought that Orlando would be in the Finals last year but they played the games and actually made it........can you believe it? A team that wasn't considered "elite" actually went out there and played games and had the nerve to win them...............how dare they do that............they weren't elite last year!!!!!

I'm still waiting on the take on the Dallas win.

"but they're not elite" Not very far removed from a finals berth so by the same logic we can't discount them because they've already proven they're elite.

"but Josh Howard wasn't playing" He's missed how many games over the past 3 seasons?

And my personal favorite "they didn't play us as hard as they would have any other team"

"but they're not elite" Not very far removed from a finals berth so by the same logic we can't discount them because they've already proven they're elite.

"but Josh Howard wasn't playing" He's missed how many games over the past 3 seasons?

And my personal favorite "they didn't play us as hard as they would have any other team"

Yup I just love reading to see what Hotlanta is going to say. Usually you hear someone make excuses when they lose......he actually makes them when we win.

• Like 1

Point is any and every team loses games, its the nba and it just happens. We are a very young team and we're still trying to reach that elite level BUT that doesn't mean that we can't do it........not many people thought that Orlando would be in the Finals last year but they played the games and actually made it........can you believe it? A team that wasn't considered "elite" actually went out there and played games and had the nerve to win them...............how dare they do that............they weren't elite last year!!!!!

Orlando has one of the top big men in the league and they have way better ownership.And they just have better players. This franchise has a lot of things going against it. The lack of a PG, no true center, bad ownership and bad coaching. You take way the Hawks dunking and you have a real good chance of beating this team because this isn't a good shooting team. The problem is worse than last year because JJ's three point shooting has been nowhere to be found. Even in last nights game he was 1-5 from three point land.

I didn't watch the game last night. I chose to sleep instead.

And they just have better players.

Now don't get me wrong I think that the Magic are stacked but I think that if you swapped Howard and Horf we would be damn near the same team. Bibby and JWill=wash, Joe n VC=wash, Marv n Shard=advantage magic, Josh n Bass= advantage Hawks, Horf n Howard= clear advantage Magic.........u really just say anything to try and prove a point huh? Couldn't think of anything else to say so u just broke down and went with "they just have better players", and the lil tidbit about taking away the hawks dunking and you have a real good chance of beating them............well damn, REALLY? If u take away Howard's dunking he's not very effective on offense, if u kick lebron in the knee u have a real goo chance at beating the Cavs.........dude really just stop with this GARBAGE!!!!! Do u really like the hawks or do u just come n here bc u have nothing better to do?