• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Replacing Marvin: If GM Sund can acquire Maggette from Golden State it would help Hawks

hawks21

Right now the Hawks have a big-time void at the small forward spot and the Golden State Warriors are looking for ways to trade Maggette. Send Marvin out west near his home-state of Washington where he can be close to home and retire within five years...

Maggette is an aggressive scorer who doesn't settle for the outside shot and consistently drives to the basket forcing the defender to foul him or he will score.

How many basketballs are there going to be since we want everyone to score 15+ a night?

If Maggette comes to a playoff-bound Hawks team, I believe he will fit in and do whatever it takes. If Joe disappears or Josh is in foul trouble, then he can generate offense himself and take it to the basket and get to the free throw line. Maggette is approaching 30 years old, but still runs the floor really well and plays adequate defense.

Maggette can't guard Lebron like Marvin did last night. As long as we run Iso-JJ and Iso-Crawford we are going to need a defender. MArvin played damn good D tonight!!

Few players can guard Lebron, one-on-one..however, Maggette is definitely an upgrade on the flipside ...CAN LEBRON GUARD MAGGETTE WHEN COREY ATTACKS THE BASKET? Maggette has been a player over the past few years who has been in Top 5 in getting to the FT line and made FTs...

• Premium Member

Maggette can't guard Lebron like Marvin did last night. As long as we run Iso-JJ and Iso-Crawford we are going to need a defender. MArvin played damn good D tonight!!

Last night, Lebron only scored 14 points and we found out one crucial thing... The team that scores the most wins. I say that we shouldn't keep Marvin for some perceived, unproven defensive reason when he is a non-factor otherwise. I'm not saying that Maggette should be our target, but I do say that we need a real honest look at moving Marvin because he's just not producing.

Last night, Lebron only scored 14 points and we found out one crucial thing... The team that scores the most wins. I say that we shouldn't keep Marvin for some perceived, unproven defensive reason

LOL............holding Lebron to 14 points is an unproven defensive reason ?

• Like 2

• Admin

coachx- are you under the impression that the hawks let Marvin play Lebron 1 on 1?

Actually Marvin was guarding Lebron a lot one on one. He did a tremendous job. Magette is a scorer but he really is not that good a player. I think this would be a terrible trade.

Maggette is good..better offensively than Marvin at this point but Marvin is still young and developing. You might think he's playing bad because he doesnt seem to be scoring but he does the little things. Maggette is a player who will need to score but we already have Joe Johnson, Crawford, Smoove, and Bibby. We dont need another scorer. Marvin numbers are down because we have Crawford. I will pass on that trade especially since Maggette is much older but not a horrible idea

Maybe you guys don't follow the NBA as much as I do but I very clearly remember this.

Crawford, apparently sparked by a comment from Maggette, began yelling at Maggette about his selfish play. The usually mild-mannered Crawford was the aggressor in the exchange, according to the source, and told Maggette to “contribute something other than scoring.” The shouting match extended into the locker room at halftime.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2009/02/04/crawford-v-maggette-beef/

Now you know you are beyond a selfish chucker when Jamal Crawford is calling you out. Pass!

Maggette is good..better offensively than Marvin at this point but Marvin is still young and developing. You might think he's playing bad because he doesnt seem to be scoring but he does the little things. Maggette is a player who will need to score but we already have Joe Johnson, Crawford, Smoove, and Bibby. We dont need another scorer. Marvin numbers are down because we have Crawford. I will pass on that trade especially since Maggette is much older but not a horrible idea

Teams can always use another scorer, especially us since we do not have a legit superstar player that can score in the clutch. The closest we have to that is Crawford and sometimes Joe. We basically have 3 good jumpshooters on this team in Joe, Crawford and Bibby. Al has improved his post game and I wish we would go to him a little more. Josh does his thing but let's face it. He is not a guy you can go to in the clutch for a basket or to make free throws. If our shooters are being defended properly, we are forced into the old loser Hawks way of trying to score. That is shooting jumpshots as the shot clock expires. If we are going to take the step up to being an great team in this league and contend for a championship, then we need either a legit superstar scorer or to add another legit scorer who can get to the line and make free throws and to open up the floor for our shooters. I'm not freaking out about our little slide here but we need to take note of our weaknesses. What's missing from everything I just said....Marvin. That's right. Marvin is continuing to show how anemic his offensive game is. Hawks fans need to face the music. This guy is just not that good and if we are going to contend, we at least need someone playing his position who can do more than play okay defense and occasionally make a few jumpshots.