• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague On Not Making Rookie Team: "I don't give a [blank] about that..."

ahlthe3rd

Hmm that's an awfully expressive statement for a guy that doesn't give a sh*t about it. But I'm sure that he does understand why he's not in it and I'd bet that he'd prefer being on a contending team as the heir apparent than getting big minutes on a bad team. I love that Woody is going to sit down with him and talk to him about it and even more that he still says that Teague is going to be a player in this league.

Hmm that's an awfully expressive statement for a guy that doesn't give a sh*t about it. But I'm sure that he does understand why he's not in it and I'd bet that he'd prefer being on a contending team as the heir apparent than getting big minutes on a bad team. I love that Woody is going to sit down with him and talk to him about it and even more that he still says that Teague is going to be a player in this league.

Yeah but how the hell is Jeff going to take Woody seriously without eyebrows?

• Premium Member

Acie Law is somewhere in Charlotte shaking his head and saying "I told you so!" lol

props to Woody for understanding and acknowledging he is killing Teagues progression.

Actually MVP, I think Woody was just taking the hit for the player. Woody isn't coaching a "player development" type team right now. He has a very good team and he has a contract that lasts only to the end of this year. Had Teague come out of the box better I think Woody would have given him some more minutes. Kind of a half-and-half thing IMO.

Actually MVP, I think Woody was just taking the hit for the player. Woody isn't coaching a "player development" type team right now. He has a very good team and he has a contract that lasts only to the end of this year. Had Teague come out of the box better I think Woody would have given him some more minutes. Kind of a half-and-half thing IMO.

yeah but at the same time, you have to give this guy 15 mins every night imo. He did the exact thing with Acie, and look what happened. A Rookie will lose confidence when he is sitting next to guys like Randmo all game, every game. Then, when said rook comes in, he plays like crap. He finds time for Mario, Mo Evans, and Joe Smith every night. Teague is better than all 3 of those guys, and lord knows we need a real point out there when Bibs is resting. People say Teague can't shoot, Teague can't finish, well neither could Rondo. They act as if he is a bust, because he isn't lighting it up for all 5 mins he is out there. If he can't shoot, but can get to the hole, let him drive and kick...Woody has no excuse.

• Like 2

yeah but at the same time, you have to give this guy 15 mins every night imo. He did the exact thing with Acie, and look what happened. A Rookie will lose confidence when he is sitting next to guys like Randmo all game, every game. Then, when said rook comes in, he plays like crap. He finds time for Mario, Mo Evans, and Joe Smith every night. Teague is better than all 3 of those guys, and lord knows we need a real point out there when Bibs is resting. People say Teague can't shoot, Teague can't finish, well neither could Rondo. They act as if he is a bust, because he isn't lighting it up for all 5 mins he is out there. If he can't shoot, but can get to the hole, let him drive and kick...Woody has no excuse.

Totally agree.

Acie doesn't suck now because he didn't get enough minutes his rookie year- he sucks now because he was a terrible draftpick and nothing the coach would have done could have fixed it.

And Seriously- Teague had a terrible assist to turnover ratio in college- Why do you think suddenly he can come to the pros and become a great drive and kick guy? These things take time and Teague simply does not look ready.

Edited by spotatl

• Moderators

And Seriously- Teague had a terrible assist to turnover ratio in college- Why do you think suddenly he can come to the pros and become a great drive and kick guy? These things take time and Teague simply does not look ready.

70 assists, 29 turnovers and 22 steals is not a bad net ratio in the NBA.

• Moderators

There were 7 PGs selected before Teague. Ideally 2 make the all star rookie team. Can't expect Teague to surpass so many ever if he played 35 minutes.

I agree with this but would say that for this draft, you expect more than 2 to make the team since this was the year of the PG.