• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looks like Al Horford made the allstar team and not Josh

pimp

• Moderators

Grats to Horford...and it's going to be GREAT to see two Hawks out there. But I really feel bad for Smoove. He truly deserves to be there this year. He's such an important part of this team...and he's made such huge strides.

That is exactly how I feel.

We love the improvements you've made this year, Josh! Keep it up and even your critics will be talking about the mistake that was passing you over!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly how I feel.

We love the improvements you've made this year, Josh! Keep it up and even your critics will be talking about the mistake that was passing you over!

Congrats to Al and JJ but dont fret Josh and jamal just take it it out on every team you face until the end of the year . Id tape that all star list to my locker and considering we get the Orl and Bos coming up and then the Bulls on espn .Id let my play let it be known that I was not happy being left off the team .

First off, congrats to AL. He's been working hard all year, and has improved as an undersized center.

As for Josh, his numbers fell off a little in December ( partially due to those blowouts ). He still should've made the team though. I was afraid that Horford would get shut out, if the coaches considered Bosh to be a C. Since they didn't, Horford gained the advantage and Smoove got snubbed.

I'll take a slightly different angle on this though. I wonder why the Hawks organization didn't make more of a push to hype our guys up nationally. In this technological age where everyone is on Twitter or youtube, the Hawks should've at least produced 4 minute highlight packages for JJ, Horford, Smoove, and Crawford . . . and put those vids on Youtube or something.

Also, I wonder if the coaches REALLY VOTE. I wonder if they give their All-Star ballots to assistant coaches or front office personnel, and let them figure out who will be the reserves. I know in college, the head coach may let the athletic director fill out his top 25 ballot ( seeing that it's no way the head coach can keep up with everybody elses team ).

So I wonder if some of these NBA coaches aren't doing the same thing?

Too bad about Smoove though. His athletic ability is tailor-made for an All-Star game. He'd really get to increase his star power if he played in that game.

Edited by northcyde

Grats to Horford...and it's going to be GREAT to see two Hawks out there. But I really feel bad for Smoove. He truly deserves to be there this year. He's such an important part of this team...and he's made such huge strides.

Smoove does deserve it over Iverson and Garnet. But look at it like this.....next season when we have three locked in all-stars; we can raise our expectations to 65 - 70 wins and nothing less than a shot at the finals. Just like the Lakers, Celtics, and Cavs!

Go Hawks!

• Moderators

I had resolved that one of the Twin Mid-Rises would not be going... and that whichever player gets snubbed will play inspired ball for the second half.

It was definitely a position issue, with the logjam among Fs, and Hofo got the pick for producing as he has at C. As Skee-Lo might've argued, Smoove would be an All-Star baller this year were he just a lil' bit taller...

Sorry for David Lee, but happy that those picking reserves could see why Hofo should go ahead of his Gator mates, who have fans lobbying for them in bigger markets.

~lw3

• 2 years later...