• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove passed over for All star (again)

Sothron

• Premium Member

They are reporting that Stern has picked David Lee, the worst defensive center in the entire NBA, to replace Iverson in the All Star game. Smoove gets the short end of the stick yet again. If Rose misses out I wonder if he'll make it in then.

I have no problem with this, as I think that Lee deserved it over Horford, he's having a career year. Though I think Smoove deserves it more, I have no problem with Lee making it. If only Smith had made it over Horford, it would be perfect.

Plus, this choice makes sense, as the West put Kaman on the roster to replace Roy, another center for the East was necessary perhaps.

This year's game will be one of the worst no doubt. LeBron will drop about 50 in a pick-up game in front of about 50,000 fans who won't even be watching the game. Josh knows he's more valuable than Pierce, Iverson, and Lee. I wouldn't even want to accept a replacement spot from these ridiculous coaches, of course unless there was an All-Star Selection bonus kicker in your contract or something. Josh hasn't missed a game, he deserves the break. He's done more running and jumping than a decathlete.

Atlanta fans should be in an uproar about this, this could set in motion for Dwight to opt out and sign with us. Dwight and Josh even in an exhibition game may show Dwight how dominant they could actually become in this league. If he has no intention of opting out it's a moot point but the Magic's window for a chip is not as open to what is generally believed.

Either way Sund has to exhaust all possible avenues for this once in a lifetime chance.

Conservative numbers for both Dwight and Josh per game.

35 points

21 boards

Don't get me started on the defensive end of things, that's the most scary thing.

Atlanta fans should be in an uproar about this, this could set in motion for Dwight to opt out and sign with us. Dwight and Josh even in an exhibition game may show Dwight how dominant they could actually become in this league. If he has no intention of opting out it's a moot point but the Magic's window for a chip is not as open to what is generally believed.

Either way Sund has to exhaust all possible avenues for this once in a lifetime chance.

Conservative numbers for both Dwight and Josh per game.

35 points

21 boards

Don't get me started on the defensive end of things, that's the most scary thing.

Wow. This is the most out there thing I have ever read. Howard would opt out of his contract after playing with Josh Smith in one game? Never mind that Howard could only opt out of his contract in 2012, and never mind that unless everyone leaves the hawks would not have the cap space to sign him... do you really think a major star like Howard would opt out to play with Josh Smith?

Potentially yes, and like I said it's a moot point if indeed he chose to sign an extension with the Magic, Money will not be an issue with Dwight, his family is pretty prominent in Atlanta circles. He could opt out in alittle over two years and they'll both be 26. Apparently two years to you is an eternity, that's not very long. Carter will be 35 and Lewis will be 32 in two years, we'll have a much better team than them.

Potentially yes, and like I said it's a moot point if indeed he chose to sign an extension with the Magic, Money will not be an issue with Dwight, his family is pretty prominent in Atlanta circles. He could opt out in alittle over two years and they'll both be 26. Apparently two years to you is an eternity, that's not very long. Carter will be 35 and Lewis will be 32 in two years, we'll have a much better team than them.

The only way the hawks would have a better team is if it resigned its key players before 2012, if it it does that, it won't have the cap space to sign Howard.

And still do you really think a few minutes in an all star game would be all it took for him to leave the magic? That he'd be willing to move to a less visible franchise with stingier ownership, taking less money and moving away from Florida and it's lack of a state income tax? All this to play with a borderline all star who at best would be the second best player on a title contender? Because he might have played a couple of minutes with him in an all star game?

He might opt out in 2012. He might even leave the Magic. But the notion that the driving factor behind that would be a few minutes played with a lesser star in an all star game is absurd.

Again I don't know where I said playing "alittle minutes with Josh Smith" is the determining factor for Howard to sign with Atlanta. Only thing a logical person would read into my statement is that it most definitely wouldn't hurt.

He's gone on record to saying he would have loved to play for the organization even when it's was winning an average of 20 some odd games. If a Howard/Smith frontcourt is not one of the most dominant duos in the league than it's no point of debating.

Again I don't know where I said playing "alittle minutes with Josh Smith" is the determining factor for Howard to sign with Atlanta. Only thing a logical person would read into my statement is that it most definitely wouldn't hurt.

He's gone on record to saying he would have loved to play for the organization even when it's was winning an average of 20 some odd games. If a Howard/Smith frontcourt is not one of the most dominant duos in the league than it's no point of debating.

Didn't you say:

this could set in motion for Dwight to opt out and sign with us. Dwight and Josh even in an exhibition game may show Dwight how dominant they could actually become in this league.

?

HAHAHAHA. Dwight and Josh in the same frontcourt? That may be good for Josh but do any of you ever wonder why Orlando rather play 3 point stroking small forwards next to Dwight at power forward rather than any traditional rebounding big?

Because Dwight is a walking turnover machine in the post that has 1 post move and an inability to pass out of a double team unless 4 other shooters are on the court with him.

It can be argued, by those without bias, that the Cavs deserve a 2nd allstar before the Hawks get a 3rd allstar.

D. Lee's numbers are awesome but half the game is defense and he just straight up sucks at defense......as some of you have already stated.

• Moderators

It can be argued, by those without bias, that the Cavs deserve a 2nd allstar before the Hawks get a 3rd allstar.

I am excited to hear from someone without bias how any Cav (other than Lebron) deserves in the All-Star game over Josh Smith because that is the argument they have to make unless they are drawing up a team from scratch.

D. Lee's numbers are awesome but half the game is defense and he just straight up sucks at defense......as some of you have already stated.

Even his awesome numbers aren't as impressive as Josh's.

Edited by AHF