• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: We are in the running for Big Z

mrhonline

• Premium Member

Definitely no. Big Z is my countryman, but I really don't want to see he with other jerseys than Cleveland's. That trade with Washington are heart breaking for him.

Zydrunas spent all his career in Cleveland and the Cleveland helped him to recover from all his injuries. He will remain grateful for the Cavs for entire his life. Earlier he has said that he wants to win the ring with Cavs and he would end his career. Also, he has said that he wants to be cavalier entire his career. If the Washington don't buy out his contract and if he will not return to Cavs, after this season he would be playing for the Lithuania's national team (for the first time in his career) in the World Basketball Championship 2010 in Turkey and after all he will end his career.

Dallas showing some attention on Ilgauskas and they'll pursue Ilgauskas if he receives buyout from Washington. Zydrunas' agent wants to get buyout and resign contract with Cavs.

NBA - where aren't any limits on humanity...

Hawks should have traded Zaza...

P.S. Sorry for my english...

I wonder if these guys watched while Orlando abused Big Z in the playoffs last year?

• Premium Member

This is a very solid move that could put us over the top versus Orl and Cle. I hope Sund can pull it off without having to let go of anyone of value. Z gives us a true center who can score with his back to the basket. He's old and has had severe injuries in the past, but is a proven vet who would be a GREAT rental for the latter half of the season and on into the Playoffs. If we get Big Z, the Hawks have a VERY real chance of making the ECF and being competitive against the likes of Cle and Orl.

Okay so here's the update on Big Z

The Wizards may buy him out, and if they do the Hawks are interested in going after him.

No, we just sign him when he is bought out by the Wiz. So it will probably mean dropping West, Collins or Morris which is no big deal.

Why does everyone assume he will be bought out?

Phoenix– The Hawks are expected to be among the suitors for veteran center Zydrunas Ilgauskas if he receives an expected buyout from the Wizards, sources said today.

The Hawks had been reluctant to carry more than the league minimum of 13 players on the roster but are willing to make an exception for Ilgauskas, who was traded from Cleveland to Washington on Tuesday in a three-team deal. It’s expected that the Wizards will buyout the prorated portion of Ilgauskas’ $11.5 million expiring contract in a cost-saving move.

Herb Rudoy, Ilgauskas’ agent, said today he hadn’t yet spoken to the Wizards about a buyout. Rudoy said Ilgauskas is taking a few days to think about his future but that the Hawks fit the criteria Ilgauskas would be looking for in a new team.

“If he decides to leave Cleveland, once he gets the buyout–and we hope we will have several options–he will only go to a team that can win a championship, period,” Rudoy said. “He will not be on a team that has no chance. He …

Edited by frankthetank966

• Admin

Okay so here's the update on Big Z

The Wizards may buy him out, and if they do the Hawks are interested in going after him.

Why does everyone assume he will be bought out?

....because Washington is pretty much done for teh season and buying him out will save them 5 - 6 million dollars since they will agree to a lesser sum then his full salary.

Damn I would be freaking thrilled if we were able to steal Big Z from the Cavs and keep them from doing the same crap that the elite teams do every year trading away players knowing that they will get to sign them again after 30 days. I'm skeptical that he'll sign here but if we offer him more money and 2-3 years he might accept it.

If this happens one has to wonder whether Sund intentionally held back on spending the MLE in hopes of snagging a quality player at the deadline.

Medium Z and Big Z on the same team, I love it! blow%20out%20candles.gif

would we only be competing against teams not already over the cap? can Cleveland or Dallas even sign him if they want to?

who has the MLE available to use?

All teams can offer the veteran's minimum.

Teams with cap, mle, or the biannual exception can offer that.

I think he will probably go back to cleveland, since they still have the biannual exception (also known as the LLE) to offer.

would we only be competing against teams not already over the cap? can Cleveland or Dallas even sign him if they want to?

who has the MLE available to use?

Sham has a list of all the teams with their available exceptions and there's quite a few with the full MLE available.

http://www.shamsport.../exceptions.jsp

The only teams I could see being in contention for Big Z with us that have their full MLE would be:

Charlotte

Chicago

Heat

Knicks

Oklahoma City (maybe)

Philly

Utah