• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I take offense to people saying we don't want Orlando

HawkItus

Dude...

Don't you think it's very hypocritical to say that we shouldn't be so negative on Marvin and then turn around and see you with Orlando Magic Pum Pums and a Lebron James Jersey on?

The question must be asked, are you a Hawks fan or a Marvin fan?

MVP = Marvin's Very Precious?

Well I'll be dog on. somebody has finally figured it out! I'm not really a Hawk fan! OH no. The ONLY reason I've been watching this team through the years (even before he came to the ATL) was for MArvin Williams. Oh yes, its true...

Now, to address the serious and non outrages part of your post, I never said you should be hard on Marv. I'm hard on Marv when he plays like a dumbass. Its just that everyday there is a new Marvin thread (including this one) bashing him, and its unwarranted.

Spud2Nique, on 02 March 2010 - 06:24 PM, said:

If we are playing the way we are capable of playing, BRING ON ANY TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS....I'M NOT SCARED.

Yes! This is what I have been thinking lately. If Our Hawks can get back to the form of that team that started the season 19-6, then I dont fear us against anybody. It seems like ever since the 2nd half of that Thanksgiving game against Orlando, we have lost our mojo and swagger. Its time that our players stop talking about it and just be about it. Josh has caught it, he's starting to rebound like nobody's business. In the last game against Chicago, Marvin fnally played with the URGENCY that he has lacked all season. These are key factors that MUST be maintained the rest of the way, and if we do it, this team can rise to the top of the EAST when its all said and done.

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member

Well I'll be dog on. somebody has finally figured it out! I'm not really a Hawk fan! OH no. The ONLY reason I've been watching this team through the years (even before he came to the ATL) was for MArvin Williams. Oh yes, its true...

Now, to address the serious and non outrages part of your post, I never said you should be hard on Marv. I'm hard on Marv when he plays like a dumbass. Its just that everyday there is a new Marvin thread (including this one) bashing him, and its unwarranted.

If you're a Hawks fans, where the hell is your optimism? I have no problem with you questioning our team. Hell every fan does... But why is it that when it comes to a series of US vs. Cleveland or Us Vs. Orlando, you start talking about all the reasons that we can't win, all the reasons they will win...Us being out in the 2nd round... blah blah blah. I read this and I say, is this the same guy asking for everybody to show positiveness for Marvin? You want us to be positive about Marvin as you become more and more negative about the team?? Don't run down your resume of hawkfandom... I'm reading what you are saying today and I'm saying that you're being very hypocritical. When you run down your resume, do you know what you sound like to me... you sound like a person who says..." I have been working at this company for the last 20 years and I love it"... then later you here them say... " I hate my boss, I hate the CEO. I hate the company policies. I hate my co-workers. I hate coming to work. I hate our product"... So the question is what part of the company do you love? In your case, you love that one little boy who is working on the forklift. Yes, he messes up everyday and he's being paid more than most supervisors, but people shouldn't talk about him. He could be a supervisor one day..

Edited by Diesel

If you're a Hawks fans, where the hell is your optimism? I have no problem with you questioning our team. Hell every fan does... But why is it that when it comes to a series of US vs. Cleveland or Us Vs. Orlando, you start talking about all the reasons that we can't win, all the reasons they will win...Us being out in the 2nd round... blah blah blah. I read this and I say, is this the same guy asking for everybody to show positiveness for Marvin? You want us to be positive about Marvin as you become more and more negative about the team?? Don't run down your resume of hawkfandom... I'm reading what you are saying today and I'm saying that you're being very hypocritical. When you run down your resume, do you know what you sound like to me... you sound like a person who says..." I have been working at this company for the last 20 years and I love it"... then later you here them say... " I hate my boss, I hate the CEO. I hate the company policies. I hate my co-workers. I hate coming to work. I hate our product"... So the question is what part of the company do you love? In your case, you love that one little boy who is working on the forklift. Yes, he messes up everyday and he's being paid more than most supervisors, but people shouldn't talk about him. He could be a supervisor one day..

Dude, I don't love Marvin. He isn't my favorite player, or the best player. I'm just saying bashing him everyday all day for stupid reasons is getting annoying ,and unwarranted. The guy is doing what he can, and he still has a ways to grow.

.....and after all of that, we would still lose to the Magic. There is no reason to think otherwise. We can beat the Cavs, we would beat the Celtics....but we're clearly not better than Orlando. There is no way to sugar code it.

Dude, I don't love Marvin. He isn't my favorite player, or the best player. I'm just saying bashing him everyday all day for stupid reasons is getting annoying ,and unwarranted. The guy is doing what he can, and he still has a ways to grow.

.....and after all of that, we would still lose to the Magic. There is no reason to think otherwise. We can beat the Cavs, we would beat the Celtics....but we're clearly not better than Orlando. There is no way to sugar code it.

That part made me lol. Seems you've drawn the ire of "The Great One."

You make great points and aren't any more cynical than any other member on here but one thing that will not be tolerated at all costs is the formation of any splinter Marvin Defense Groups.

It's one thing for "The Great One" to wax over the usual suspects when it comes to "excuses" as those "excuses" seem a little too close to "reality" and "The Great One" can't be bothered with such trivial earthly matters, but for any other to say Marvin has any redeemable qualities.....Well that really gets the goat.

It is Orlando's bench that gives us so much trouble. We already know Dight Howard is a load in the starting unit but guys like Ryan Anderson, Rashard Lewis, and JJ Redick kill us as well coming off the bench. When we play the lineup of Bibby, Crawford and Johnson, that lineup becomes a liability on the defensive end. Crawford often times ends up guarding bigger guys like Anderson and Lewis who use their size advantage to score on Crawford.

• Premium Member

It is Orlando's bench that gives us so much trouble. We already know Dight Howard is a load in the starting unit but guys like Ryan Anderson, Rashard Lewis, and JJ Redick kill us as well coming off the bench. When we play the lineup of Bibby, Crawford and Johnson, that lineup becomes a liability on the defensive end. Crawford often times ends up guarding bigger guys like Anderson and Lewis who use their size advantage to score on Crawford.

Maybe we should just stop doubling on Howard. He's a beast, but he's also a pretty bad FT shooter and it's not like he'll burn us for 50 points offensively like Shaq could in his younger days. We really get killed by all of the three pointers that come from Dwight passing out of the double team. Just keep a big body on him and try to get him in foul trouble on the defensive end. That seems to be the formula other teams use, and it worked during the Playoffs.

• Premium Member

That part made me lol. Seems you've drawn the ire of "The Great One."

You make great points and aren't any more cynical than any other member on here but one thing that will not be tolerated at all costs is the formation of any splinter Marvin Defense Groups.

It's one thing for "The Great One" to wax over the usual suspects when it comes to "excuses" as those "excuses" seem a little too close to "reality" and "The Great One" can't be bothered with such trivial earthly matters, but for any other to say Marvin has any redeemable qualities.....Well that really gets the goat.

Craw maybe you missed it in your "always come to the Marvin Rescue effort" but this is not about Marvin. This is about MVP's shameless plugs for other teams. For the first time in a long while, we are a top 5 team. We are contending. We are behind Orlando by less than 5 games. We have a good squad... However, from topic to topic, I hear Hypocrisy from MVP who seems to always find his cold BLANKET to throw on the team and it's future. Funny is that you say that MVP makes good points.. why is that, because he makes the points you agree with. Check out some of the other thread\s... MVP makes Defenseless points. Points that he cannot argue so he reverts to asking for more positivity.

Good one Craw...

The GREAT ONE has spoken.

Craw maybe you missed it in your "always come to the Marvin Rescue effort" but this is not about Marvin. This is about MVP's shameless plugs for other teams. For the first time in a long while, we are a top 5 team. We are contending. We are behind Orlando by less than 5 games. We have a good squad... However, from topic to topic, I hear Hypocrisy from MVP who seems to always find his cold BLANKET to throw on the team and it's future. Funny is that you say that MVP makes good points.. why is that, because he makes the points you agree with. Check out some of the other thread\s... MVP makes Defenseless points. Points that he cannot argue so he reverts to asking for more positivity.

Good one Craw...

The GREAT ONE has spoken.

Thu 26 vs Orlando L 76-93

Sat 09 @ Orlando L 81-113

Sat 30 @ Orlando L 86-104

The difference is that I don't make "WE CAN'T BEAT THE MAGIC THREADS!" everyday. It should be common knowledge by now. All of those L have been by 15 points or more. I see no reason why this will Magicly (pun intended) turn around. Its obvious we can't beat them, and would get beat badly in a 7 game series, so why would you WANT to face them? Makes no sense.

Pwned

• Premium Member

Thu 26 vs Orlando L 76-93

Sat 09 @ Orlando L 81-113

Sat 30 @ Orlando L 86-104

The difference is that I don't make "WE CAN'T BEAT THE MAGIC THREADS!" everyday. It should be common knowledge by now. All of those L have been by 15 points or more. I see no reason why this will Magicly (pun intended) turn around. Its obvious we can't beat them, and would get beat badly in a 7 game series, so why would you WANT to face them? Makes no sense.

Pwned

Obviously, you're not a student of history?? Boston swept us in the regular season two years ago. We didn't come close to beating them in the regular season. However, in the playoffs we took them to 7. Something that the Lakers couldn't do. Now, we were much younger, less talented and more inexperienced then. We are much better and wiser now. WE CAN BEAT the Magic... AND WILL if we get the HC advantage.

Stop glorifying practice hits.

Obviously, you're not a student of history?? Boston swept us in the regular season two years ago. We didn't come close to beating them in the regular season. However, in the playoffs we took them to 7. Something that the Lakers couldn't do. Now, we were much younger, less talented and more inexperienced then. We are much better and wiser now. WE CAN BEAT the Magic... AND WILL if we get the HC advantage.

Stop glorifying practice hits.

Ok diesel, I'll ask a simple question, and I want a simple answer. If there was a way to avoid the Magic completely in the playoffs, and get to the Finals, would you, or would you not take that route, as opposed to playing them?

Ok diesel, I'll ask a simple question, and I want a simple answer. If there was a way to avoid the Magic completely in the playoffs, and get to the Finals, would you, or would you not take that route, as opposed to playing them?

My point would be and who says cleveland is a cake walk? There is not an easy out on the road to the finals for this team. Guess who wanted to see us when we played Boston? They got what they asked for and got their nose bloodied. Not to mention this team rises to the level of its challenge. We don't do well as front runners. So put the beast in front of the guys and see if we can slay them.

What are you basing this on? Since when have we seen the hawks as frontrunners?

Whenever they face a team they are supposedly better than. They play horrible against teams they think they can beat. It has been better this year, but this group of guys has been notorious for there inconsistency against lesser talent.

• Premium Member

If there was a way that we can play the Toronto Raptors in all three Rounds and for the NBA championship, I would.

However, the truth of the matter is that we will probably have to play either Cleveland or Orlando or Both. IF so, I would rather play Orlando in the 2nd round.