• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin !

Marvin24Williams

The mental part of the game and aggressiveness in particular is where Marvin needs the most work.

I'm just wondering about how this actually would have happened in last night's game, for example: does he somehow force the other players to pass it to him? Does he need to get angry with them when they don't?

All this time I have been getting on Smoove for underachieving. It turns out Marvin is the greatest underachiever of all!

We need to figure out how to get Marvin more involved every night. I'll tell you, when every one on our team plays with

determination and to their potential, we are scary good.

I'm just wondering about how this actually would have happened in last night's game, for example: does he somehow force the other players to pass it to him? Does he need to get angry with them when they don't?

This is the NBA DrZ...and the NBA is spelled M-O-N-E-Y. Marvin has been paid well to continue his subserviant role...play D..rebound..shoot a few shots...and it appears that he is comfortable with that for the most part.

• Premium Member

Its not that the team doesn't pass it to Marvin. Many nights, Marvin gets wide open looks (a lot). It's just that he doesn't always score. Joe quickly loses patience with Marvin because after 5 yrs, if Joe gives you a wide open look, you need to be able to knock it down. Marvin needs to work on his shooting sometime in his life. We need him to be consistent and he's not. There are no scapegoats. It's all on Marvin.

Its not that the team doesn't pass it to Marvin. Many nights, Marvin gets wide open looks (a lot). It's just that he doesn't always score. Joe quickly loses patience with Marvin because after 5 yrs, if Joe gives you a wide open look, you need to be able to knock it down. Marvin needs to work on his shooting sometime in his life. We need him to be consistent and he's not. There are no scapegoats. It's all on Marvin.

I fail to see the logic there since JJ is the one who frequently passes to Smith when he is wide open on the perimeter and the shot clock is winding down. He knows Smith will jack up a jumper but passes it to him anyway.

• Premium Member

I fail to see the logic there since JJ is the one who frequently passes to Smith when he is wide open on the perimeter and the shot clock is winding down. He knows Smith will jack up a jumper but passes it to him anyway.

When the clock is winding down the ball goes to the open shooter.. normally Smoove. However, in the flow of the offense on a NORMAL basis, when Smith gets the ball, he either attempts a good shot or makes a good pass. However, when Marvin gets that same open look, he blows.. unless he's having a great night like last night. You notice, last night, while he was hot, he got the ball.

Hopefully Marvin has gotten wind of Hubie's take on him from last night. Paraphrasing: "This young guy has immense talent (don't think that's the word I would use). Who cares if he gets the ball? He can make up for it by filling the lanes, running the floor hard, and hitting the offensive glass. Then his teammates will have no choice but to force it to you because you're involved and active."

Edited by benhillboy