• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All-NBA Nod for Joe This Year?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Based on nothing more than hunches so far, my guess is that Joe makes the cut as All-NBA Third Team. Do you think he'll make the cut this season?

(First Team)

G - Wade

G - Kobe

F - LeBron

F - Durant

C - Dwight

(Second Team)

G - Nash

G - Deron

F - Melo

F - Dirk

C - Bosh

(Third Team)

G - Roy

G - JOE

F - Boozer

F - Duncan

C - Amar'e

Other Third-Team contenders: Billups, Rondo, Jackson, Monta, Crash, DLee, Bogut. I think the Celtics could almost fill out the whole All-NBA 4th Team if there was one.

~lw3

Lethal, I said 2 months ago that while people were going around trashing JJ for his so-called "selfish play", that not only was he having his best season in 3 years, he also has a good shot to be at least 3rd team ALL-NBA.

The only thing that may prevent this, is the fact that people really underrate Joe Johnson. He's not a highlight flashy type of guy and he hasn't had many stratospheric scoring games. He's just solid and steady night in and night out.

That's why tonight's game, from a personal standpoint for him, may be very important for him to gain the attention of the sportswriters who vote for the All-NBA teams. If he can give a repeat performance against the Cavs, like he did against the Lakers, he may lock up at least a 3rd team selection. His case is helped by the fact that both Tony Parker and Chris Paul won't make the squad ( after making it last year ). Chauncey Billups probably won't make it either.

I think the last 2 guard spots on the 3rd team will come down to JJ, Deron, and Rajon Rondo ( who is pretty much the leader of the Celtics now ). One of those guys will be left out. If that guy is JJ, it will be a shame, and I hope it fuels him in the postseason.

Because he's such a quiet player, he's an easy player for these sportswriters to overlook.

If he has a real good game tonight, which leads to a Hawks victory, this should put him back on the radar in the eyes of the national media.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 1

nawbruh.gif

You people need to stop acting like Delonte shut JJ down, when he was seeing a double team for the vast majority of the game.

Yep. Joe plays good against the Lakers <crickets>. Joe has a bad game against the Cavs: the Joe haters return! They were just waiting for one bad game.