• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rich Bucher says Smoove and Joe don't care for Woody's crunch time coaching

HawksFan87

I don't believe Bucher has ever been a reputable reporter. Actually, I don't know of anyone currently with ESPN to be reputable anymore. The only ones I can ever recall that were decent were Gammons, Aldridge, Kurkjian, and maybe Olney.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me that Josh/Joe told Woody to shutup. It also wouldn't surprise me that if someone said Josh/Joe had a great relationship with Woody. Since both wouldn't surprise me, I could care less about what a reporter like Bucher says.

Not that he's lying, but Bucher seems like the a jock sniffer that would take a joke out of context.

Exactly.

Either that, or he got his info "from a source close to both JJ and Smoove ".

Sounds like BS to me though. But if it were true, this speaks much worse about those two guys, than it does the coach. Some people will spin this, and say . . "see I told you. They don't even listen to Woody."

Well if that's the case, and the players go on the court and do their own thing, that would mean that every loss is on the PLAYERS, That would mean that in most late game situations, the players aren't listening to Woody talk, and just out there and do what they want. Which would place sole blame on them, not the coach.

I thin Bucher is simply quoting one of his anonymous "sources".

Please God . . . let the Hawks win this game, so that all of these mo-fos talking crap about this team will shut the hell up. People all of a sudden think they know the Hawks. They don't know anything. Hell . . even Jalen Rose the other day slipped and called Cincinnati Bengal coach - Marvin Lewis . . . and called him Marvin Williams.

start from the 23:50 markhe said woodson got on them both and both told him to shut up in so many words

the interviewer said the series with the bucks was one of the worst coaching performances he has ever seen. Bucher then said the series with the bucks and heat should have not went 7. he also said this team hasnt grown

Edited by hoodstar

• Moderators

He goes on to say that Hawks haven't really improved over last year much and that the Heat series and the Bucks series had no business going 7 games. As he said we had the best 3 players on the floor in the Bucks series and 6 of the best 8 players. I don't think much of Bucher but a lot of people are recognizing that someone needs to be accountable for the Hawks wild inconsistencies.

I am so sick of hearing about Woodson; he should have been fired years ago. We would be so much further along with a proven vet coach by now it is sickening.

It is a given the Woody can't coach and will be fired at the end of this season; nothing left for discussion.

I am so sick of hearing about Woodson; he should have been fired years ago. We would be so much further along with a proven vet coach by now it is sickening.

It is a given the Woody can't coach and will be fired at the end of this season; nothing left for discussion.

Yeah but we put up 50+ wins. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. A lot of you wanting this man to remain our coach better be happy we're 3 years behind were we could have been. With a 40 pt playoff shalacking to boot.

He goes on to say that Hawks haven't really improved over last year much and that the Heat series and the Bucks series had no business going 7 games. As he said we had the best 3 players on the floor in the Bucks series and 6 of the best 8 players. I don't think much of Bucher but a lot of people are recognizing that someone needs to be accountable for the Hawks wild inconsistencies.

Some people who say that DO have a leg to stand on. We were remarkably healthy this year compared to last year. I read a stat a few weeks back by a resident Squawk poster that said that Joe, Marv, Horf combined for something like 50+ missed games last year. This year? Something around 10. Yet we won only 6 more games. A series that never should have gone 7 did (while we underperformed for half of the series) and we still can't win on the road half the time during the regular season (and we are 2-18 for the last couple years in the playoffs).

I think there may be some truth to what Bucher reports because we all know how bad of a coach Woodson is. However, the veracity of his claims is hard to determine.

Guess it's a good thing that we won't have to worry about any more "crunch time" coaching this season from Woody since we're apparently not even capable of being in the game by the 4th quarter against the Magic and then after 4 straight blowouts and a 7 game series against the Bucks Woody will almost certainly be fired. While I never wish for someone to be fired and I am more than ready to see someone else coaching this team next year, preferably someone who not only values defense but who also values having and practicing offensive plays.

Even if a player doesn't like his head coach they should at the very least show him respect and not tell him to shut up or whatever they said to Woody (assuming that they said it). If a player has a problem with his head coach it should be addressed in private and not in front of the other players, coaches, fans, etc.

Well you know the team don't respect the coach when players feel comfortable enough to throw balled up paper at him. Do you think a player would even think of throwing paper at Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, or Jerry Sloan? Heck no!

By the way this happened on a clip that nba.com showed of the hawks in the looker room before a game earlier this year. Bibby was throwing paper at Woodson while Woody was looking at some chart or something before a game.

Edited by D.R.P.

Well you know the team don't respect the coach when players feel comfortable enough to throw balled up paper at him. Do you think a player would even think of throwing paper at Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, or Jerry Sloan? Heck no!

By the way this happened on a clip that nba.com showed of the hawks in the looker room before a game earlier this year. Bibby was throwing paper at Woodson while Woody was looking at some chart or something before a game.

Exactly! The only player that Woody strikes fear in is Jeff Teaugue.

Edited by Deeman

Isn't Ric Bucher that same idiot who said there was no way tha Kobe was gonna resign with the Lakers a few years ago and he said it with so much convinction....and you know this story can't be true when he dares mention Woody and crunch time coaching...when did that ever happen :laughing5: