• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting talk on 790 right now... 10:26 AM

Diesel

• Premium Member

Jeff Van Gundy was talking... He said that Mike Woodson has done a good Job and is a good coach but he has maxed...

He also said that this offseason is a make or break it offseason for the team.

I think he's gone now....

I know... They were having phone problems.

Jeff Van Gundy was talking... He said that Mike Woodson has done a good Job and is a good coach but he has maxed...

He also said that this offseason is a make or break it offseason for the team.

I think he's gone now....

I know... They were having phone problems.

Van Gundy doesn't know what he's talking about. He's always going to side with the coaches. He basically said that Woody has taken this team as far as it can go because of the players on the team. If you contrast that with Hubie Brown's interview, it's easy to see that this team's talent HAS NOT been maxed out. Woody has just maxed out as a coach.

Van Gundy doesn't know what he's talking about. He's always going to side with the coaches. He basically said that Woody has taken this team as far as it can go because of the players on the team. If you contrast that with Hubie Brown's interview, it's easy to see that this team's talent HAS NOT been maxed out. Woody has just maxed out as a coach.

He's right, the players have talent and will get better but they will only get so good in their current roles. Marvin might have a lot of talent and can be a good #2, but is a horrible #5 option, especially on offense. Horford is not a center. Smith is better playing next to an offensively talented center even though he can still be very productive with Horford. JJ is as good as it gets at his current role. A lot of you guys want to blame Woody, but we were not winning that match-up versus Orlando. They had two distinctive advantages and used them to the maximum.

He's right, the players have talent and will get better but they will only get so good in their current roles. Marvin might have a lot of talent and can be a good #2, but is a horrible #5 option, especially on offense. Horford is not a center. Smith is better playing next to an offensively talented center even though he can still be very productive with Horford. JJ is as good as it gets at his current role. A lot of you guys want to blame Woody, but we were not winning that match-up versus Orlando. They had two distinctive advantages and used them to the maximum.

You need to listen to that Hubie Brown interview. Brown has an understanding of the game that Mike Woodson simply doesn't have.

You need to listen to that Hubie Brown interview. Brown has an understanding of the game that Mike Woodson simply doesn't have.

Hubie is being a Monday QB, anyone can do that, in the heat of the moment, I seen Hubie. His defenses were never that good even when he had great defenders like Battier, Posey, and Gasol. He gets a lot out of the offense but your reaching if you think we would have beat Orlando with Hubie.

• Like 1

Hubie is being a Monday QB, anyone can do that, in the heat of the moment, I seen Hubie. His defenses were never that good even when he had great defenders like Battier, Posey, and Gasol. He gets a lot out of the offense but your reaching if you think we would have beat Orlando with Hubie.

Never once did I say that the Hawks would have beaten Orlando if they had Hubie. The point is that Mike Woodson has not maximized the talent on this team. If you think that Woodson has maximized the talent on this team, then you're either delusional or you just haven't watched this team that closely. It seems as if all the commentators keep talking about our stagnant offense and how it makes it difficult to score in the playoffs. Woody doesn't care about offense and he allows our offense to become stagnant. How can you honestly say that Woody has maximized the talent on this team when he doesn't even have a clue about offense???

Never once did I say that the Hawks would have beaten Orlando if they had Hubie. The point is that Mike Woodson has not maximized the talent on this team. If you think that Woodson has maximized the talent on this team, then you're either delusional or you just haven't watched this team that closely. It seems as if all the commentators keep talking about our stagnant offense and how it makes it difficult to score in the playoffs. Woody doesn't care about offense and he allows our offense to become stagnant. How can you honestly say that Woody has maximized the talent on this team when he doesn't even have a clue about offense???

Our offense is build around screen and rolls which we never take full advantage of, pick and rolls which we inconsistently take advantage of, and isolation. We could swing it around more and actually take advantage of our screen and roll and pick and roll. A lot of that is up to the players. Bibby is the only guard who using the screen and roll/ pick and roll to our advantage. Joe Johnson and Jamal Crawford use both to their advantage and rarely pass the ball. It's on Woody and our guards. Mike Woodson gives them the flexibility and they take it and use it the way they like. I agree that Woody could be much better offensive coach. Their offensive sets we run is decent, the execution wasn't.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

790 has cause more good coaches to get fired in this town than anyone.

• Premium Member

Who? Name some, please.

Dan Reeves, Lenny and Jim Mora

Dan Reeves, Lenny and Jim Mora

Blank wanted to fire Reeves. Lenny fired himself because he wanted 'Nique traded.

As far as Jim Mora is concerned: LOL. You can't be serious. That guy is a terrible coach. That's like saying that Greg Knapp is a great offensive mind.

Edited by Antmillennium
  • Like 1

Blank wanted to fire Reeves. Lenny fired himself because he wanted 'Nique traded.

As far as Jim Mora is concerned: LOL. You can't be serious. That guy is a terrible coach. That's like saying that Greg Knapp knows offense.

Wait? Wasn't Lenny here after Nique was traded? I am :questions:

Wait? Wasn't Lenny here after Nique was traded? I am :questions:

????

Unless I'm totally remembering things incorrectly, Lenny Wilkens was the coach when Dominique was traded. If you're trying to make some other point, then I don't get it.

Edited by Antmillennium

Woody is supposed to be the one setting up a system to put the players in the best roles possible. Instead, he ignores their strengths if it doesn't fit what he wants.

Woody is supposed to be the one setting up a system to put the players in the best roles possible. Instead, he ignores their strengths if it doesn't fit what he wants.

Give me One player not used as their "best roles possible". Only Al was out of position (by neccessity) and he was an All-Star at it. Josh was mostly on the block but Marvin remained invisible creating a void in spacing. We are as deep as our talent. We need as have been said, bonafide players to fill the roster.

As far as Jim Mora is concerned: LOL. You can't be serious. That guy is a terrible coach. That's like saying that Greg Knapp is a great offensive mind.

You are wrong on that. He said he was against that trade.

You are wrong on that. He said he was against that trade.

Not to mention he was here for MANY more years after that trade. For or against it, neither the trade or the radio station isn't why Lenny was let go (or any of the other coaches mentioned lol)..