• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crystal Ball: Who is Next Year's Starting PG?

lethalweapon3

Pretty good Jersey beat writer posits that we might actually be interested in Harris:

We brought this up, of course, because the calls about Harris have already begun. All of them from friendly folks in need of a point guard if Thorn happens to get the top pick, all of them from peers who are certain the Nets are moving Harris between May 19 and June 24 if Wall drops into their lap.

“I can’t lie about it,” Thorn said. “I’ve had calls about that.”

If we had to guess, they came from Miami, Indiana and Atlanta – though we don’t know how the Hawks feel about Jeff Teague.

Our other guess is this: This will all be about creating more cap space – something that will push the Nets into the 35M range. The others can offer up draft picks, but forget about matching up salaries – all Devin suitors will have to go find a third team to take their garb….er, baggage.

So don’t come offering up Michael Beasley or Jeff Foster or even Marvin Williams with the other considerations. Picks and room – full stop. Nothing else matters right now.

At least that’s how we’d play it: In for a penny, in for a pound – and there’s no reason why they shouldn’t be shooting for the moon when the calendar turns to July 1.

Just riffing on rumors of rumors here, but...

If we could get someone (3rd team in deal) to take Marvin + Pick, something like that, I wouldn't mind getting Harris in here to be honest.

Shaun Livingston - (unrestricted)

averaged 30+ minutes the past 12 games of the season, could be had with the LLE possibly.

Kyle Lowry - (restricted)

pitbull on defense and boards, could have a Rondo like effect on Hawks, $3 million qualifying offer.

• Premium Member

Washington is gonna keep Livingston... The guy looked great the last month of the season. Obviously there are question marks with him, especially considering how unprecedented it was that he started playing better than at any point in his career. Still he is still only what 23, 24 years old? the guy may turn out to be a great pro.

Lowry is a better defender than Livingston who doesn't have much lateral quickness. I would really take either if they could be had.

I don't think Atlanta needs a three team deal for Harris. Real GM trade checker confirms that we could trade Jamal Crawford for Harris Straight up. New Jersey will likely end up with Wall from Kentucky which makes Harris expendable. I would much rather have a starting PG than a 6th man of the year.

In a dream world I would trade a resigned Joe Johnson and Josh Smith to New Jersey for Harris and Lopez. Slide Horford over to 4 and dominate. We would lose alot at the SG position, but go find a scoring two. He won't be as good as Joe, but so what.

Unfortunately, there is no way to make the salaries match for Joe and Josh with Harris and Lopez.

I don't think Atlanta needs a three team deal for Harris. Real GM trade checker confirms that we could trade Jamal Crawford for Harris Straight up. New Jersey will likely end up with Wall from Kentucky which makes Harris expendable. I would much rather have a starting PG than a 6th man of the year.

In a dream world I would trade a resigned Joe Johnson and Josh Smith to New Jersey for Harris and Lopez. Slide Horford over to 4 and dominate. We would lose alot at the SG position, but go find a scoring two. He won't be as good as Joe, but so what.

Unfortunately, there is no way to make the salaries match for Joe and Josh with Harris and Lopez.

I think your closing in on what I think could happen this off-season. I do not think Lopez will be traded. I also think Harris will stay but that pick will be John Wall if they win the lottery.