S&T Joe for solid role players/pick, Sign Ray Allen at SG and sign Haywood to play Center

gutz

We could S&T Joe to a team to get some much needed depth and a pick, then sign Ray Allen to a reasonable contract and sign Haywood to play Center at a reasonsable price. Were back in the playoffs for sure.

We could S&T Joe to a team to get some much needed depth and a pick, then sign Ray Allen to a reasonable contract and sign Haywood to play Center at a reasonsable price. Were back in the playoffs for sure.

I've been thinking about Ray Allen. Could we get him for the MLE? He's 35, can we sign a MLE deal for only 2-3 years? He'd be the perfect JJ replacement.

Stuff like this just makes me laugh.

Is this Chuck and Chernoff from 680......Buck & Knicaid from 680....MayHem In the MA from 790 ...or Bradley or Schultz from the AJC ?

I can't tell any of them apart. :white flag:

I've been thinking about Ray Allen. Could we get him for the MLE? He's 35, can we sign a MLE deal for only 2-3 years? He'd be the perfect JJ replacement.

He may very well play for the full MLE. I would assume Atlanta would be his 6th or 7th choice at best though. If Cleveland keeps Bron they will want him. The Celtics will probably offer MLE to him too. I see the Spurs, Mavs, Heat, Magic, Hawks, etc all offering the MLE and he can have his pick of where he wants to go.

No way we sign both Haywood and Allen for $3 mill each like the poster proposed though. Haywood may get $ 8 mill - $10 mill per. It was good for a laugh though.

Edited by coachx

So we're scare to sign Joe to a 6 year deal at age 29 because he is on the decline and we're going to replace him with a 35 year old Ray Allen? This is what cheap, losing franchises do.

LOL yeah but I feel the ASG we do anything to get back JJ

I don't think Ray Allen is going to command a huge salary by any means at his age. I'm just suggesting we sign him for something reasonable for maybe 2 yrs if we lose JJ. Haywood is not going to get 10mil per year! your crazy! We could sign him to a reasonable contract as well. If we were going to sign JJ to 15mil per year and don't then i would think we could get both Allen for around 6mil per for 2 years and Haywood for 8mil per at the most. Why can't that be done? I'm assuming we will have some money to spend if we don't resign JJ right?

Edited by gutz

I don't think Ray Allen is going to command a huge salary by any means at his age. I'm just suggesting we sign him for something reasonable for maybe 2 yrs if we lose JJ. Haywood is not going to get 10mil per year! your crazy! We could sign him to a reasonable contract as well.

How could we sign both of them ? Where does the cap room come from ?

There are alot of teams out there with tons of salary cap space. Haywood will get more then the $6 mill MLE. I'll be happy to wager you a friendly $20 hawksquawk donation on that.

Edited by coachx

How could we sign both of them ? Where does the cap room come from ?

There are alot of teams out there with tons of salary cap space. Haywood will get more then the $6 mill MLE. I'll be happy to wager you a friendly $20 hawksquawk donation on that.

If we don't resign JJ we will have plenty of money left to spend right? Haywood won't get more than 8mil per year.

If we don't resign JJ we will have plenty of money left to spend right?

Dude............sponge bob.......square pants.........Thundercats..........Bill Murray........:shake_puter: :computer8:

:help wanted3:

:white flag:

Haywood won't get more than 8mil per year.

Come on now..............I already said he will be resigned for 8 mill to $10 mill per. I'm not making a bet where if my own projection is off by jsut $1 that I lose............I need more cushion then that.

The deal was a $20 hawksquawk donation if it takes more then the MLE to sign Haywood. Simply take it or leave it.

Edited by coachx

Come on now..............I already said he will be resigned for 8 mill to $10 mill per. I'm not making a bet where if my own projection is off by jsut $1 that I lose............I need more cushion then that.

The deal was a $20 hawksquawk donation if it takes more then the MLE to sign Haywood. Simply take it or leave it.

Well i never said it would take only 6 mil to sign him anyways. In my previous post i said it wouldn't take more than 8mil. I never questioned it would take the MLE or less.

Dude............sponge bob.......square pants.........Thundercats..........Bill Murray........:shake_puter: :computer8:

:help wanted3:

:white flag:

What are you talking about? Are u stating we can't spend the money on someone else if we don't resign JJ?

What are you talking about? Are u stating we can't spend the money on someone else if we don't resign JJ?

That is exactly what he is saying. We can resign JJ for more than anyone else because he is is ours. But before we sign JJ, we are only 6 million under the cap. JJ's money over the cap doesn't count because he's ours. There are 15 different threads with information in them that explain that we can only use this money on JJ and no one else, unless it's a sign and trade. But in a sign and trade scenario, it's JJ's choice where he goes and not ours.

Same ending answer every thread.

Plus the situation with Josh Childress needs to be dealt with THIS YEAR, in my opinion.

That 10.1 million cap hold of his, keeps us from doing ANYTHING in free agency, even if we let JJ walk for nothing. That cap hold is like the damn Berlin Wall.

(( hittng head ))

DOH!

Now I guess I, or someone else, have to explain what a cap hold is.

Plus the situation with Josh Childress needs to be dealt with THIS YEAR, in my opinion.

That 10.1 million cap hold of his, keeps us from doing ANYTHING in free agency, even if we let JJ walk for nothing. That cap hold is like the damn Berlin Wall.

(( hittng head ))

DOH!

Now I guess I, or someone else, have to explain what a cap hold is.

Lol u might as well go right ahead sir

When you want to bring in picks, Allen, and Haywood... maybe it's time to rebuild.