• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The lottery results may force a team to move one of their centers

RedDawg#8

Of the first five teams picking in this draft, we know 2 them will select a big in Favors and Cousins, that means we may be able to trade for one of that team's current centers.

Washington

Philadelphia

New Jersey

Minnesota

Sacramento

we know that Wall will probably go 1, so of the remaining teams who will likely select 1 of the 2 bigs mentioned, we could trade a second tier player for their following players: (in parenthesis are their other centers who we are very unlikey to get from them, unless say we package Smoove)

2.Philadelphia: Maurice Speights- 6-10, 245, seldom used poor mans Al Horford (Samuel Dalembert)

3.New Jersey: Yi Jianlian- 7-1, 250, needs no description (Brook Lopez)

4.Minny: Ryan Hollins- 7-0, 230, great length, not very productive (Al Jefferson)

5.Sacramento: Jason Thompson- 6-11, 250, young athletic center who could develop into a beast (Spencer Hawes)

Now me personally, I would love to get Jason Thompson. Him or the centers I coveted in another thread, Javale McGee, and DeAndre Jordan. They all have 3 things in common, SIZE, Youth and Athleticism. Paired with Horford we would still have a young and athletic frontline, but now we would have the SIZE we have been missing with the Smoove/Horf combo. Over time we could be a dominating post team. If we are able to keep Smith, then him and Horf along with one of the other listed bigs would be a great rotation as well.

• Moderators

I am a fan of Maurice Speights' scoring ability for sure. With consistent minutes, he has put up some good numbers. I haven't seen enough of him to comment on his defense, etc. though.

I am a fan of Maurice Speights' scoring ability for sure. With consistent minutes, he has put up some good numbers. I haven't seen enough of him to comment on his defense, etc. though.

He's solid, he has the potential to be a great scorer off the bench. He just doesn't play smart. He's plays really dumb, a lot players on Philly play dumb but he stands out.

Well, there are no dominant centers availble. In an ideal world, Atlanta will get two or three bodies that they can play in rotation at the center spot and move Al Horford to the power forward spot, opening up his offense some. It's very unlikely that Atlanta will be able to make a move to get a DeMarcus Cousins, and most of the other names mentioned at the center spot are just bodies that would not be an improvement over Al Horford at that spot.

• Premium Member

Word on the Sixers' board is that they'll keep Iggy/Turner together.

I'm a HUGE Turner fan and think he's already NBA-ready. This will be a shocking statement: a vet coach like Collins + Turner puts the Sixers (if healthy) over the Hawks next season .

Holiday/LouWill

Turner/Green

Iggy/Young

Brand/Speights/Smith

Daly/???

^^^That's a more balanced, defensively-oriented team for the foreseeable future.

Well, there are no dominant centers availble. In an ideal world, Atlanta will get two or three bodies that they can play in rotation at the center spot and move Al Horford to the power forward spot, opening up his offense some. It's very unlikely that Atlanta will be able to make a move to get a DeMarcus Cousins, and most of the other names mentioned at the center spot are just bodies that would not be an improvement over Al Horford at that spot.

I definitely agree with this. I know I wouldn't trade Smoove nor Horford for any of those current centers/p. forwards that may be replaced by a lottery pick big man. And the center that we do possibly get, probably won't be good enough to justify sending Horford or Smoove to the bench.

I can't wait to see some of these combine numbers. I want to see how Jarvis Varnado out of Mississippi St measured out. That's the guy I want to replace Joe Smith at PF, if a good center with size isn't around.

I definitely agree with this. I know I wouldn't trade Smoove nor Horford for any of those current centers/p. forwards that may be replaced by a lottery pick big man. And the center that we do possibly get, probably won't be good enough to justify sending Horford or Smoove to the bench.

I can't wait to see some of these combine numbers. I want to see how Jarvis Varnado out of Mississippi St measured out. That's the guy I want to replace Joe Smith at PF, if a good center with size isn't around.

Jarvis is a bean pole who will likely struggle with physical play in the NBA. He's a great shot blocker though.