• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Players Claim JJ will not-return

frankthetank966

I've been informed by a Hawks player that most of the players have already accepted that JJ will not return next yr. I am not publicizing the name for their privacy but I assure you this isn't bogus. This isn't really a rumor, just giving you an idea of what most of the players are thinking in the locker-room. The player also faulted Woody for playing JJ too much during the season which caused him to be tired near the end, esp during the playoffs.

I've been informed by a Hawks player that most of the players have already accepted that JJ will not return next yr. I am not publicizing the name for their privacy but I assure you this isn't bogus. This isn't really a rumor, just giving you an idea of what most of the players are thinking in the locker-room. The player also faulted Woody for playing JJ too much during the season which caused him to be tired near the end, esp during the playoffs.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave I just hope he doesn't leave us high and dry by agreeing to participate in a SnT deal

Sign-and-trade time.

JJ to OKC for Harden/Collison/#21? Maybe Joe would consider OKC with a chance to be the best PG/SG/SF group in the league with Westbrook / JJ / Durant.

...to NJ for Lee/Yi//Dooling/#26? This preserves some of their cap space.

I think getting a young SG/SF prospect, along with expirings and a late draft pick would be nice.

Ideas?

Of course, this will now be a blurb on all of the sports media outlets by Monday, citing that "sources" say that JJ isn't likely to return to the Hawks. When in fact, their "source" is actually frankthetank's post ( whether valid or invalid ).

The worse case scenario for JJ if he wants to win a championship, ( and for the league ), is for Lebron and Wade to team up in Miami or New York. It's pretty much been assumed that Wade and Lebron are going to be paired with another good free agent when this is all said and done. And Bosh and JJ have been the 2 most mentioned to be paired with Lebron or Wade.

But if the "superpowers" team up, then all of these other clubs will have to re-evaulate who they'll spend their money on, and how much. For JJ, he could be left out of the loop in Chicago, if they go after Bosh. He can then go to the Knicks. And while he'll possibly have more money, he also possibly have a weaker squad than he had in Atlanta.

But I don't think it would shock anybody if he didn't return to ATL.

"Traded Player Exception" time, if true.

I really hope JJ doesn't just bolt. He'd become Enemy #1 in my book if he does.

He became Public Enemy #1 when he turned down the 4yr extension. The comments after Game 3 just simply gave them a legit reason to make him the enemy.

And if he leaves, he would probably care less if he was hated in Atlanta or not. The Hawks should't just accept any sign and trade though. Getting a player back just to be getting one back, isn't the way to go either. If we can't get a good starter quality player back at the very least, then it probably is best to let him walk.

"Traded Player Exception" time, if true.

I really hope JJ doesn't just bolt. He'd become Enemy #1 in my book if he does.

If we can get a player like Harden, Lee or a similar solid, capable starter to go with a trade exception, I'd be very happy.

Does anyone have a rundown off the top of their heads of trades made involving the TPE? I'm curious how much value that brings.

He became Public Enemy #1 when he turned down the 4yr extension. The comments after Game 3 just simply gave them a legit reason to make him the enemy.

And if he leaves, he would probably care less if he was hated in Atlanta or not. The Hawks should't just accept any sign and trade though. Getting a player back just to be getting one back, isn't the way to go either. If we can't get a good starter quality player back at the very least, then it probably is best to let him walk.

Definitely agree. Do we really want a player on the team that doesn't want to be here? We can definitely sign and trade for a quality starter somewhere in the league, especially with this free agency.

If this is the case, it really doesn't matter who we hire as head coach.

Of course the coach still matters! C'mon. You wouldn't want just anyone coaching this team.

Sign-and-trade time.

JJ to OKC for Harden/Collison/#21? Maybe Joe would consider OKC with a chance to be the best PG/SG/SF group in the league with Westbrook / JJ / Durant.

...to NJ for Lee/Yi//Dooling/#26? This preserves some of their cap space.

I think getting a young SG/SF prospect, along with expirings and a late draft pick would be nice.

Ideas?

I would love to get DLee then we could get a guard via draft or trade.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

As bad as we may want JJ to stay here, a player who is not satisfied with a team or it's players is of little

or no use to that team.

We need him to stay in Atlanta. If jj wants out, then a sign and trade is in order. Anything that we get is

probably better than nothing. Almost any player we recieve back would have to be a real NBA player - -

or a draft pick or picks.

JJ has already gone off on ALL the fans of the Hawks. Not just some of us - - EVERY FAN!

For this reason alone, I think he should go. Who needs a player who doesn't like the fans of the team?

The very worst thing that JJ can do is walk away, sign with another team and leave the Hawks with nothing.

If he does this, we've not only lost him for nothing but we won't have any money available to persue a player

that is expensive - only a minimum vet contract or perhaps a little more.

JJ has Atlanta right where he wants them. He can do whatever he wants.

:help wanted3:

Maybe if you were a member of the media and posting this in an article I could believe the "privacy" bit. But you are a nameless faceless poster on Hawksquawk, a fan supported message board completely unaffiliated with the Atlanta Hawks. What "privacy" are you concerned about? Randolph Morris doesn't want all his teammates to know that he leaked information on the 'Squawk? I am sure all the Hawks players read up on this site everyday and will be able to point him out...

Color me unconvinced. Nice NON source you got going here.

• Like 1

Definitely agree. Do we really want a player on the team that doesn't want to be here? We can definitely sign and trade for a quality starter somewhere in the league, especially with this free agency.

If he bolts, I think signing Childress to start would be better than Harden/Lee

If he bolts, I think signing Childress to start would be better than Harden/Lee

no the hell it wouldn't. Harden and Lee are two good young 2 guards that can develop into something special. Childress' game is too limited to be a good starter,especially at SG

• Moderators

Given that these are utterances from players "in the locker room," how recently was Joe's preference really stated? During exit interviews?

If complaints about his regular season usage was truly "the problem," and the only major one, then the creator of the "problem" is at FedEx Kinko's cranking out his resume.

Wouldn't that put the Hawks back in play?

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3