• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why Wouldn't....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Cleveland want Crawford/Smoove/future 1sts for Lebron SNT?

I wouldn't want to watch anymore but thinking about Gearon here....

what if we could field.

Bibby/Joe/Lebron/Horf/ and a C.

Let's even go farther and say we were able to get Heywood to sign.... Then signed Joe and Chillz.

Bibby/Joe/Lebron/Horf/Heywood.

Would a team anchored with:

Joe/Lebron/Horf be good enough to win a championship?

BTW, I'd probably not watch the Hawks anymore. Maybe I'd become an Orlando or GS fan or something. I hate bron.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You're gonna have to give up more than that to get LeBron.. BTW I dislike Queen James more than any other player in this league..

Naw.

Crawford = 6th man of the year.

Smoove = one of the best youngest most athletic 4 in the league. Exciting to say the least.

2 future firsts...

I don't see anybody else offering that much.

• Premium Member

nah.... if lebron signs anything from the cavs- they would take that contract- lock it in a vault and give him a good ole' dave chapelle "GOTCHA B##$! " LOL...

Now that's funny!!!!!

Prolly true!

For Lebron, there are several teams that could offer more, and several teams he'd prefer over these players.

Crawford is 30 years old. If the cavs lose lebron they'd be in rebuilding mode and Crawford is too old for that. Smith is a headcase.

1 sts would be nothing in a team favored to be the top seed every year for a while.

• Premium Member

For Lebron, there are several teams that could offer more, and several teams he'd prefer over these players.

Crawford is 30 years old. If the cavs lose lebron they'd be in rebuilding mode and Crawford is too old for that. Smith is a headcase.

1 sts would be nothing in a team favored to be the top seed every year for a while.

I don't know. I don't see a lot of teams offering more. Like them or not, Crawford and Smith should have been allstars this year.

I supposed Washington could offer Arenas and their pick but Bron in Washington? Come on?

My thing is this, the team that have better pieces to offer won't offer them because they are trying to keep them to play with James.

Ironic however would be Boozer for James.

Doubly Ironic would be James for Odom and Bynum!!!! Actually that would work for Cleveland.

Can you imagine the Lakers with Kobe and Lebron and Gasol??

Actually, I don't think that Lebron's ego could endure that... But Nike and the muppets would love that s***!!!!

• Premium Member

That would be a good offer for Cleveland who could lose him for nothing.

I would do it.

I wish that option was on the table...Joe / Lebron / Horford makes an awesome trio.

Maybe Joe could bring it up in the Summit?

• Moderators

For Lebron, there are several teams that could offer more,

How can any team match, let alone better, what he can get from the Cavs in the type of sign and trade being discussed here? They can't. His maximum outcome as far as salary goes is to get signed and traded by Cleveland or to resign in Cleveland. In a S&T scenario, we can offer more than any team (other than CLE) trying to get him as an unrestricted FA.

• Premium Member

:offtopic: but i chuckle when think about how much money the Hawks wasted by signing Speedy Claxton. Let's just hope Bron is not the next speedy.

How can any team match, let alone better, what he can get from the Cavs in the type of sign and trade being discussed here? They can't. His maximum outcome as far as salary goes is to get signed and traded by Cleveland or to resign in Cleveland. In a S&T scenario, we can offer more than any team (other than CLE) trying to get him as an unrestricted FA.

The real problem is Lebron is still young as hell. He can sign for five and get another max later on or just keep extending like Jordan did in Chicago for 20 mill a year. Will Lebron come here is the other question. Its a great offer but just like another post said, when was the last time a unrestricted FA brought outstanding value to the team he was leaving? The reason is simple, unrestriced all-stars go where they want to go. Primary reasons; for championships and/or marketing purposes.

We have no recent history of either.

• Moderators

The real problem is Lebron is still young as hell. He can sign for five and get another max later on or just keep extending like Jordan did in Chicago for 20 mill a year. Will Lebron come here is the other question. Its a great offer but just like another post said, when was the last time a unrestricted FA brought outstanding value to the team he was leaving? The reason is simple, unrestriced all-stars go where they want to go. Primary reasons; for championships and/or marketing purposes.

We have no recent history of either.

I don't disagree with your points here so much as I disagreed with the prior statement that other teams signing Lebron as an UFA could offer more than we could in a S&T. Even if Lebron only wants a 5 year deal, he still gets more in a S&T than he does in a UFA signing.

"Offer more" doesn't mean simply offer a better salary (as the max is whatever cleveland can offer him). Bigger market, better teammates, better coaching, etc. And even if no other team offered as much to cleveland as atlanta in a sign and trade, Lebron still gets the final say.

There is no way that Lebron is picking Atlanta, even with Joe Johnson, over Chicago, NY, NJ, Clippers, etc. And several of the teams without cap space could both offer more in a sign and trade to cleveland AND a better situation to Lebron. Houston, for example, could offer Kevin Martin, Ariza, New York's next two picks, and Lebron would still have Yao and Brooks with him there.

• Premium Member

Conceptually, I agree with Diesel. The Hawks may not get Lebron, but if their really serious about keeping Joe, I think they need to use a couple of their current assets to bring in a major player. Simply hiring a new coach won't cut it.

• Premium Member

Why would Lebron want that???

EDIT: I just realized you are offering only Crawford and Smoove in that deal and 1st round picks (which would have 2nd round value considering we would be owning the best record in the NBA year in and year out). Cleveland would laugh at that proposal. I figured you would be including Horford in the deal at the very least.

On a side note all these Lebron scenarios are ridiculous. We are not even close to being able to offer a good enough package to get Cleveland to trade him, and our best proposals would leave our roster completely devoid of any talent aside of Lebron.

Edited by Atlantaholic

• Premium Member

Conceptually, I agree with Diesel. The Hawks may not get Lebron, but if their really serious about keeping Joe, I think they need to use a couple of their current assets to bring in a major player. Simply hiring a new coach won't cut it.

Despite what he has been saying about wanting a championship and possibly taking less money to play with Lebron. Joe Johnson will go where the money is. If we offer him the fattest contract he will take it.