• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ranking the Potential Coaches

AHF

Among Dwayne Casey, Larry Drew, Avery Johnson, Mark Jackson and Doc Rivers...   

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I rated Doc last because if he isn't coaching the Celtics next year, then he isn't coaching. He still has a year left on his contract, and I highly doubt Boston lets him out of his deal without some high level of compensation from the Hawks. The reason he is 5th is because he is not a legitimate option.

My rankings are:

1. Dwane Casey

2. Avery Johnson

3. Larry Drew

4. Mark Jackson

• Premium Member

Avery is the man if you want a PR splash. He's proven he can win when he has a good roster. That's what we know. Oh, and we know he sometimes rubs some players the wrong way, for what that matters.

Dwayne has proven he can win more often than people think he will when he has a bad roster. That's what we know. Oh, and we know that players give him high marks, for what that matters.

I voted #1 for Johnson and Casey... and #2 for Drew, who I like and think is probably underappreciated simply because he's been on our staff, but I just think it's not the right time to give a guy his first HC job. Mark Jackson for HC? #5... I have no clue why that's even a worthy conversation. You just don't give the #3 seed job to a guy with no coaching experience whatsoever... unless, of course, you also had a great experience hiring another high-profile broadcast guy a few years back... Quinn Buckner altogether justifies this Sund fishing trip. *rolls eyes*

Avery is the man if you want a PR splash. He's proven he can win when he has a good roster. That's what we know. Oh, and we know he sometimes rubs some players the wrong way, for what that matters.

Dwayne has proven he can win more often than people think he will when he has a bad roster. That's what we know. Oh, and we know that players give him high marks, for what that matters.

I voted #1 for Johnson and Casey... and #2 for Drew, who I like and think is probably underappreciated simply because he's been on our staff, but I just think it's not the right time to give a guy his first HC job. Mark Jackson for HC? #5... I have no clue why that's even a worthy conversation. You just don't give the #3 seed job to a guy with no coaching experience whatsoever... unless, of course, you also had a great experience hiring another high-profile broadcast guy a few years back... Quinn Buckner altogether justifies this Sund fishing trip. *rolls eyes*

I think the difference between Avery Johnson and Dwane Casey could end up being nothing more than a difference in styles. If Avery learns from his past mistakes, I could see him being a Scott Skiles type of head coach. Scott is a micromanager, but he managed to reign that in a little this past season with Milwaukee and was more willing to accept mistakes made by young players. I think Dwane could be similar to Nate McMillan, who is a guy that achieves discipline with a calming influence without having to bereate his players.

Avery is the kind of guy we need. He doesn't "Dance with Wolves" - he controls them.

• Premium Member

Avery is the kind of guy we need. He doesn't "Dance with Wolves" - he controls them.

Wow. This stuff is just out of control and over the top. He didn't lose with a good roster. Good for him, and maybe good for us. But he's far far far from the perfect coach for us. Just making this stuff up b/c so many of you want the high-profile guy. I get that, but today's high-profile guy so so often is next year's recycled trash.