• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

World Cup 2010

Seems like you can never give up on this USA team. They had a win stolen away by a lousy, lazy ref. It was a joke of all jokes and he still never said what the call was. Perhaps another muslim with a grudge against the USA? Getting hit in the face is a handball? 3 USA players fouled by Slovenians on a good call yet the call goes aginst the USA and takes the winning goal away?

Edited by NJHAWK

This sport needs some form of replay. That Suadi Audi ref may have just cost the Swiss a chance to move on to the second round by giving the red card on an obvious flop. If a team is going to be forced to play a whole game with one less player yopu should be dam sure a foul occured that warrants that red card imo. The ref from Africa stole a win from the US and the Middle East ref today cost the Swiss at least a tie. Italy got a penalty kick they didnt deserve vs New Zealand which cost them a win as well. Its no secret I hate refs mostly because they think they are always correct even when they're laziness and incompetence ruins fair play. Get replay in just like when nba refs review hard fouls because an ejection in soccer means your short handed for the whole game.

• Moderators

This sport needs some form of replay. That Suadi Audi ref may have just cost the Swiss a chance to move on to the second round by giving the red card on an obvious flop. If a team is going to be forced to play a whole game with one less player yopu should be dam sure a foul occured that warrants that red card imo. The ref from Africa stole a win from the US and the Middle East ref today cost the Swiss at least a tie. Italy got a penalty kick they didnt deserve vs New Zealand which cost them a win as well. Its no secret I hate refs mostly because they think they are always correct even when they're laziness and incompetence ruins fair play. Get replay in just like when nba refs review hard fouls because an ejection in soccer means your short handed for the whole game.

I am a big fan of replay in all sports. I see nothing cute or wholesome about getting calls wrong. Let's acknowledge the "human element" for what it is - the source of error that a housewife can spot within 20 seconds with the benefit of the replay that is available to all people watching top level sporting events at home. What does it add to the game to let errors like the recent perfect game or the New Zealand/Italy game go uncorrected? That New Zealand victory would have been legendary for that country. That historic moment was taken away with that gift to Italy.

Technology has advanced from the 1950's. Take advantage of it and just get the calls right so the players are the ones that determine the outcome.

I am a big fan of replay in all sports. I see nothing cute or wholesome about getting calls wrong. Let's acknowledge the "human element" for what it is - the source of error that a housewife can spot within 20 seconds with the benefit of the replay that is available to all people watching top level sporting events at home. What does it add to the game to let errors like the recent perfect game or the New Zealand/Italy game go uncorrected? That New Zealand victory would have been legendary for that country. That historic moment was taken away with that gift to Italy.

Technology has advanced from the 1950's. Take advantage of it and just get the calls right so the players are the ones that determine the outcome.

Even if they limit it to reviews or challenges for goal plays, penalty kick calls and red cards. I dont think anyone could give one logical reason why that red card the ref gave to that Swiis player shouldnt have been a play to review and downgrade to a yellow or just a foul. Ive only seen a couple cards given out for dives in a sport where Paul Pierce would fit right in.

• Moderators

Even if they limit it to reviews or challenges for goal plays, penalty kick calls and red cards. I dont think anyone could give one logical reason why that red card the ref gave to that Swiis player shouldnt have been a play to review and downgrade to a yellow or just a foul. Ive only seen a couple cards given out for dives in a sport where Paul Pierce would fit right in.

Agreed 100%.

Well I watched the whole game against England - then gave up at halftime last game when we were down 2-0. Awesome comeback though...USA, USA!

Tomorrow is the real deal. Beat Algeria and advance, lose go home, tie ??? I hope our coach gives our guys a RedBull a half hour before the start of the game. Even if we do advance it won't likely be far if we keep giving up early goals - do that against Spain or Argentina and it'll be 4-0 at halftime.

Still - you never know. Stranger things have happened. It would be cool to see the USA get to the elite eight or the final four.

I don't have a vuvuzela but I do have an old cavalry-type trumpet that I can blow (I'm sure my neighbors would appreciate that biggrin.gif )