• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

World Cup 2010

Unbelievable! What a match, we outplayed Algeria the whole time (what were they thinking? They never attacked and had to win by 2 to at least have a chance of advancing. Simply idiots.) and it just too enough chances to get one in. That was the best match all World Cup so far in my mind, but of course I am biased. Now let's see who we face next round.

[quote name='hawksfanatic' date='23 June 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1277314627' post='456361'

]Now let's see who we face next round.

Probably Argentina (humming taps)

actually (thinking more about it) - we may get to play Portugal...there has to be some form of seeding and I would suppose we are at least the 10th seed of the remaining 16.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Probably Argentina (humming taps)

actually (thinking more about it) - we may get to play Portugal...there has to be some form of seeding and I would suppose we are at least the 10th seed of the remaining 16.

We don't have any chance to face any of the teams you mentioned in the next round. It was always facing someone in group D. Germany won the group and Ghana came in 2nd so we will face Ghana. Should be a winnable game for the US.

• Moderators

We don't have any chance to face any of the teams you mentioned in the next round. It was always facing someone in group D. Germany won the group and Ghana came in 2nd so we will face Ghana. Should be a winnable game for the US.

Definitely, I'm glad Ghana advanced but they are shaky. The only think that scares me is some of those guys up front have some serious skills and we are weak on D. We should be able to score on them though.

Incredible match and you've got to salute the team -- they left it all out there even though they had two legit goals disallowed that nearly cost them two wins. Even if they couldn't put a goal across you could not fault them for effort.

They are not the most technically skilled or athletic team but they have true grit and heart and hustle. That is something we can get behind.

They dominated the match and totally deserved to win that one. In my mind that's the greatest moment in US soccer history. There is some justice left in the world.

Ended up winning the group and it would appear the Ghana draw is a good one (you would think much better than running into Germany in the first round).

Ghana is a tough team. It should be another close game, maybe ot or even penalty kicks. Im going to go out on a limb and say Fifa and most of the world do not want the USA there. Even Algeria and there fans were all happier then pigs in shyyyyyt when the game was tied even though it meant Algeria was going home. There were mad and crying after the USA scored because they lost to the infidels and couldnt rain on our parade, lmfao. I cant even speak of another good goal being disallowed.

Edited by NJHAWK

Ghana is a tough team. It should be another close game, maybe ot or even penalty kicks. Im going to go out on a limb and say Fifa and most of the world do not want the USA there....

Well 10 minutes till gametime. If the refs really are against us maybe we should do an (unannounced) F-16 flyover (just to keep it fair) biggrin.gif

Seriously though, I hope we don't give up an early cheap goal. Survive and advance.

• Moderators

The refs couldn't be making a better case for integration of technology after two more high profile screwups in the Argentina/Mexico and England/Germany matches.

The worst part was hearing Blotter go after the officials in the Argentina/Mexico game. No! Not the referee and linesman who blatantly missed a goal for England - the officials who showed a replay of the play on the scoreboard. Why do you think FIFA would be as concerned about taking away an earned goal from a team as they would showing the miscue on a replay?

• Like 2

The refs couldn't be making a better case for integration of technology after two more high profile screwups in the Argentina/Mexico and England/Germany matches.

The worst part was hearing Blotter go after the officials in the Argentina/Mexico game. No! Not the referee and linesman who blatantly missed a goal for England - the officials who showed a replay of the play on the scoreboard. Why do you think FIFA would be as concerned about taking away an earned goal from a team as they would showing the miscue on a replay?

All this World Cup has done in America is to hurt itself.

Edited by coachx

I picked the Dutch to win it all in the pool at work. Two more games to go and I win and I didnt know jack about soccer. I picked them because they are orange and black like the my Bengals. I hope them Uragwegians dont ruin my afternoon.

Sour grapes maybe but it ticks me off the game was decided with the Dutch having only 10 players on the field. Why not just give a free kick since the game was tied in 112 minutes of extra time. Why give Spain the advantage? When there were several fouls by both teams that could have warranted ejections including one not called on an obvious Dutch break away when Pujol fouled Robben. There were a ton of horrible calls and fifa is a joke. I also didnt like all the credit Spain was getting from espn of being a free flowing soccer team when they won 4 straight Knockout games 1-0. How can they be free flowing if all they win a bunch of games 1-0? They were footballs version of the 2000 Bal Ravens. There are alot of things to like about the world cup but this 2010 version to me the one thing that stood out was horrible officiating from beginning to end.