• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Larry Drew was a PG?

Brotha2ThaNite

I just found out Larry Drew played PG in the NBA. This is getting better each day now.lol

I heard this today on 790 the zone. They talked about Larry saying he will put in an offense that is not played in the nba..... "Motion offense - a lot of movement and using the PG as the QB."

Unlike Woody, LD seems like he takes pride in bring up a young PG. I have heard his PC, interviews on 680 and 790. He said in his offense Bibby will not have to worry about making ways for his shot. He will take the ball out of his hand and have the offense make plays for Bibby. He said the oppisite about Teague. I like that. He will use Bibby as I have thought all year. Bibby will be more of a spot up shooter.

Teague will break down the defense and pass out to Bibby.

All that being said..... Maybe we still find a trade for Bibby.

I think out PG nag is about to change for the good. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

I just found out Larry Drew played PG in the NBA. This is getting better each day now.lol

I heard this today on 790 the zone. They talked about Larry saying he will put in an offense that is not played in the nba..... "Motion offense - a lot of movement and using the PG as the QB."

Unlike Woody, LD seems like he takes pride in bring up a young PG. I have heard his PC, interviews on 680 and 790. He said in his offense Bibby will not have to worry about making ways for his shot. He will take the ball out of his hand and have the offense make plays for Bibby. He said the oppisite about Teague. I like that. He will use Bibby as I have thought all year. Bibby will be more of a spot up shooter.

It's been talked about on here and also that his son is a very fundamentally sound guard (PG I think) at UNC as well so hopefully that bodes well for Teague.

• Premium Member

How old are you? I watched Larry Drew play PG in the NBA!

How old are you? I watched Larry Drew play PG in the NBA!

I'm 38.

I didn't turn into a die hard NBA fan until around 1998. Don't get me wrong I have watched a lot of basketball, The bad boyz, The lake show, The jordan days, and the days Mia, NY and Pacers went at it.

Again it was never like I do now. I watch NBA now just about everyday it's on.

NOTHING! I MEAN NOTHING rules my world more than the NFL LOL

Did any of you see the clip with Hometeam interviewing LD? They talked about how JT didn't go back home. He has stay here all summer working out with Drew. BOY OH BOY, I can't wait.

• Premium Member

LD is 52 yo, not a big name, and hasn't played in the league in close to 20 years. I find it quite plausible that younger fans would not have a clue that he played PG in the NBA.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Larry Drew did not have big stats when he played, but he was a true point guard that could run a team. He did nothing spectacular but he was steady. I believe he knows the game and I think his biggest task will be he is the one in charge now. I hope he becomes a very good coach for the Hawks and silences the critics, me included.

The problem with the media and citics is they can say what they want with no consequences!