• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Joe is gone and I hope isn't

darealist

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure what he would cost but it seems that a reasonable replacement would be Jon Salmons if he opts out as expected. Don't know what he makes but he nearly matched Joe point for point every time we played the bucks . Plus maybe he would be more likely to buy into LD'S system . He has been bounced around a bit so his value may not be nearly what he thinks it is. Maybe he could be had if we were some how able to clear a bit of space (Sign and trade chill for trade exception). If he isn't in demand with so many other big names on the market he ends up as an afterthought and we get him on the cheap.We get a young guy who could be our number one option along with Crawford and he finally finds a permanent home win win .Plus maybe we can do it with out further damage to future cap space.

Fans have to understand that we can offer Salmons ( or anybody else ) no more than the MLE, even if we don't re-sign JJ. You're talking about 6 million or less. And it would take the full MLE to possibly sign him.

If you're Salmons, you were pretty much in the perfect situation in Milwaukee. Even with Bogut and Redd possibly back, Salmons is still going to be a big part of the offense. Salmons was due to make 5.8 million next year. If he opts out, he's not looking to take a pay cut.

If we're going to get a quality player for JJ, it will more than likely have to happen via a sign and trade.

If JJ goes somewhere else we are going to have to beg him to do an SnT. If not this team really can't add another siginificant player with the cash on hand. If JJ leaves, you have to sign Childress and then use the MLE to get something. Salmons wouldn't be bad for the dollars, but I have a feeling he'll get more from a place like NY or NJ who have plenty of cap space and can exceed the MLE.

Fans have to understand that we can offer Salmons ( or anybody else ) no more than the MLE, even if we don't re-sign JJ. You're talking about 6 million or less. And it would take the full MLE to possibly sign him.

If you're Salmons, you were pretty much in the perfect situation in Milwaukee. Even with Bogut and Redd possibly back, Salmons is still going to be a big part of the offense. Salmons was due to make 5.8 million next year. If he opts out, he's not looking to take a pay cut.

If we're going to get a quality player for JJ, it will more than likely have to happen via a sign and trade.

If things are as dire as they seem as far as resigning Joe. I would like to think a good Gm would have some creative ways to replace him we have assets that we can use to strengthen our team if i'm not mistaken the bucks were potential suitors for Childress last year I see no reason he wouldn't still be even if only as depth. If Salmons wants to leave (has not been confirmed ) and joe doesn't want to stay then you find a shrewd solution that at least appears mutually benificial to the player and a better alternative to the team than losing the player outright. Salmons is a comparable scorer to Joe if not as varied in overall talent. If the free agent market turns out to be as crowded as it appears it will be he could stay put or we could put together the right package to lure him away.

If JJ goes somewhere else we are going to have to beg him to do an SnT. If not this team really can't add another siginificant player with the cash on hand. If JJ leaves, you have to sign Childress and then use the MLE to get something. Salmons wouldn't be bad for the dollars, but I have a feeling he'll get more from a place like NY or NJ who have plenty of cap space and can exceed the MLE.

On the subject of new york I fully expect some one will follow the dollars to new york .However i Don't believe it will be quite as big a rush to the knicks as the have been hoping for. They suck, They've sucked for a while and they will probably suck a bit longer. The nets though could really be a destination they have a young Pg who has been sucessfull as a player and a talented big man as well as a new coach with a winning record. While D'antoni is a good coach he has never really been a defensive coach and the knicks need a lot more than any of the teams out there with cap space.

On the subject of new york I fully expect some one will follow the dollars to new york .However i Don't believe it will be quite as big a rush to the knicks as the have been hoping for. They suck, They've sucked for a while and they will probably suck a bit longer. The nets though could really be a destination they have a young Pg who has been sucessfull as a player and a talented big man as well as a new coach with a winning record. While D'antoni is a good coach he has never really been a defensive coach and the knicks need a lot more than any of the teams out there with cap space.

If the Knicks get frozen out on the top tier, they are going to have to throw money at 2nd tier guys. Their fan-base will roast them if they don't come away with significant upgrades this year. This makes them a really dangerous team as they can overpay for any of the 2nd tier guys.

Salmons being 31 does put him on the, not so desirable list. However, getting him for 2 years for ~12 mill wouldn't be that bad. But, he'll get a better offer than that on the open market.

Yea I loled too when I read Salmons being refereed to as young. He's been around the league quite some time and I loved him on the Kings. He's basically making the MLE this year and is 31, I doubt he would consider getting another MLE deal for 3 more years as taking a paycut.

I voted bad idea because there is no Jon Salmons in the NBA....there's a John Salmons..... :conversation: :thumbsupsmileyanim: Sorry I couldn't resist...

i just want joe out of here. he doesn't love basketball, he just does it because he's good at it and it brings in the money. he's one of those guys i could see retiring early. let him go, and lets finally see what smoove, horford, and to a much lesser extent marvin can do. we've been on a path for the last 5 years, it's time to get on a completly new one. thanks for the good times, but we'll see you later Joe