• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm still pissed about the Pape Sy pick.

mrhonline

• Moderators

$3M + $1.5M over the luxury tax does not equal just below the luxury line - $3M

In addition to the x2 payment you get for exceeding the tax, you also lose your portion of significant revenue sharing. If you are going to exceed the luxury tax, it is definitely an expensive proposition.

Of course, it is harder to avoid passing the luxury tax when you are signing a vet in place of a second round pick, although the difference is only a matter of a few hundred thousand.

No one is saying the 31st or the 53rd pick would be an all-nba player but at least it could have been likely an upgrade on the bench instead of completely wasting it like we just did.

The chances of Whiteside/Alabi/Robinson contributing at the next level seem exponentially higher than that of Pape Sy

He looked pretty bad in the Summer League game I watched. It was like he'd never learned the rules. I particularly liked how he brought the ball up and just pushed the defender away with his left hand - of course the refs objected to it.

He looked pretty bad in the Summer League game I watched. It was like he'd never learned the rules. I particularly liked how he brought the ball up and just pushed the defender away with his left hand - of course the refs objected to it.

You didn't watch the game I watched. He can handle the ball and he goes to the basket with energy. Hum and Aminu were the most pleasant surprises of the first game.

Anyone else embarrassed?

The guy is either the biggest "under the radar" pick ever or the Hawks are a joke at drafting. You pick.

Just think, we can get another Pape Sy with what we got for Chills! <grin>

I'll reserve judgment on Sy. After we made the pick I hated it. Skeptical that the Hawks could of all teams know something that every other team in the NBA didn't with regards to a 2nd round pick. When is the last time that's happened?

I definitely wanted a guy like Whiteside or Alabi because I thought we needed size. But man if we somehow get Shaq, and Pape Sy continues to impress like he did in the 2nd half of the 1st SL game, our front office will look a whole lot smarter