• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith for Al Jefferson

Unforgiven

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Smith is better and Jefferson is a PF. He does nothing for us.

Jefferson pairs much better with Smoove than he does Horf imo.

Yes but if there is any possibility of Paul being moved before the trade-deadline I would wait patiently. I think an offer of Smoove / Crawford / Teague / 1st for Paul / Okafor is tough to match.

The Hornets owner, Paul Shinn, wants to sell the team to a local billionaire. If the sale happens then Paul stays and money is pumped into the team. If the sale does not happen then the current owner wants to cut salary and Paul could be on the move (with Okafor attached to him like velcro of course).

Edited by coachx

Yes but if there is any possibility of Paul being moved before the trade-deadline I would wait patiently. I think an offer of Smoove / Crawford / Teague / 1st for Paul / Okafor is tough to match.

The Hornets owner, Paul Shinn, wants to sell the team to a local billionaire. If the sale happens then Paul stays and money is pumped into the team. If the sale does not happen then the current owner wants to cut salary and Paul could be on the move (with Okafor attached to him like velcro of course).

Very interesting offer. I'd vote for that.

• Moderators

Are you kidding me? We'd do Smoove for Jefferson in a second. Minnesota would be retarded for that one (Al is going to have a huge year.. last year was a down year while recovering from his injury).

Memphis declined a Zach Randolph for Al Jefferson deal. Is Zach so much more valuable than Josh?

Memphis declined a Zach Randolph for Al Jefferson deal. Is Zach so much more valuable than Josh?

Playing by that methology:

Memphis also traded Paul Gasol for his younger brother and free bucket of popcorn to a matinee movie. Is the younger Gasol more valuable then the older Gasol who has 2 Championship Rings now and 3 NBA Finals appearances since leaving Memphis ?

This Hawks team has missed a go to post scorer since Reef.

Memphis also traded Kevin Love for OJ Mayo......that one is still playing out but when its all said and done I think Love will have the better career. Both guys are still just 21 but I like the big guy over the undersized combo guard any day.

• Moderators

Playing by that methology:

Memphis also traded Paul Gasol for his younger brother and free bucket of popcorn to a matinee movie. Is the younger Gasol more valuable then the older Gasol who has 2 Championship Rings now and 3 NBA Finals appearances since leaving Memphis ?

This Hawks team has missed a go to post scorer since Reef.

Memphis also traded Kevin Love for OJ Mayo......that one is still playing out but when its all said and done I think Love will have the better career. Both guys are still just 21 but I like the big guy over the undersized combo guard any day.

Let me put it this way, no one around the league appears really interested in Jefferson to the point where the T-Wolves were desperate enough to offer AJ for a softie, overpaid big man coming off his first positive season and very possibly on his way to jail to celebrate. Despite the legal problems and history of playing below his salary, Memphis still turned it down.

There are red flags attached to Jefferson right now.

Smoove is better than Al Jefferson, why even dicuss that. Plus U really think he's gonna start @ C? and be able to handles guy like Dwight??

The only guy I know of who can "handle" Dwight is K. Perkins.

Start at C yes. Handle Dwight, no. Handle Dwight better then Horford, yes. Jefferson has an extra 25 pounds to bang with Dwight and has a 3'' reach advantage over Horford and a 4'' reach advantage over Smoove.

His ability to be a go to post scorer while not being a mental head case intrigues me the most. We need better half court offensive weapons to compete in the playoffs. You can't depend on fast break points as much as we have in the playoffs. That is obvious with our back to back 2nd round sweeps.

If Horford got the chance to play more help defense, instead of alwayse being the man who is playing man up post defense vs. the best post scorer he could average as many blocks as Smoove does while also being a better man defender in the post. Horford is also better at defending the perimeter then Smoove is. How many times did Smoove let guys drive right by him compared to Horford ? Horford could even stop most guards from getting in the paint when switched on them.

I personally want to see more beef in the paint and more skill in the post. We have seen how far the undersized, highlight factory mentality can take us....or how far it can't.

Again I would hold out as long as it takes for Paul. However, if that billionaire bought the Hornets tomorrow, meaning Paul stays in N.O., then I makes the Smoove / Jefferson trade and take my chances. A motion offense is nice and all but offensive anchor in the post is needed for more playoff success.

Note: Of course Bibby would have to be gone or have limited playing time. We would need a PG who can actually defend his position b/c Jefferson cannot switch out on guards at all to cover for Bibby.

Edited by coachx

I don't think that because Memphis declined the deal with Jefferson and Z-Bo, that Jefferson has a red flag.

Memphis is high on Zach Randolph. He was an All-star and he was a big part on them having a semi-successful season last year. The way Zach played last season, I'm not surprised at all that they declined it. Memphis had a successful year because of Zach and I don't think they are willing to take the risk of trading the biggest reason why they won games for a player that hasn't seen the playoffs.

But to answer it, No. Smoove has better trade value than just to get Jefferson. If we're trading Smoove, it better be for a true big man like Chris Kaman or a Yao Ming or something.

Al Jefferson is going to be a monster again next year. The injury he had takes time to recover. If we could get him for Smoove, id do that in a heartbeat. Jefferson is more of a 5 than Horford is. (and the 2 Big Als would be a hell of a marketing campaign).

And I will NEVER use Chris Wallace of Memphis as a benchmark for a player's value.

Zach Randolph is a 17 million dollar trade chip or potential cap relief going into 2011 trade deadline. That's why Memphis won't trade Zach for Al.

As for Smoove vs Jefferson . . .

OVERALL DEFENSE: Smoove

SHOT BLOCKING: Smoove

DEFENSIVE REBOUNDING: Jefferson

DEFENSIVE AWARENESS: Smoove

STEALS: Smoove

OVERALL OFFENSE: Jefferson

PASSING: Smoove

JUMP SHOOTING: Jefferson

LOW POST OFFENSE: Jefferson

OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING: Jefferson

People talk like this is cut and dry. They're pretty much equal players. But one is more of a defensive player and the other is an offensive one. Smoove is more athletic and active, Jefferson is more fundamentally sound.

The main feature that Jefferson has over Smoove, is that he's 20 lbs heavier and can play both C and PF.

The main feature that Smoove has over Jefferson, is that he's arguably one of the fastest PFs in the game.

For the regular season, Smoove is better. For the playoffs, Jefferson's style may be best.

• Moderators

I don't think that because Memphis declined the deal with Jefferson and Z-Bo, that Jefferson has a red flag.

My opinion of Z-Bo is much lower than yours.

In additions to my concerns about him living up to his contract, Z-Bo was busted for DUI while driving high from smoking marijuana back in 2003. This February he was against busted for DUI but had the good fortune of having it reduced to a reckless driving charge.

Now, according to a probable cause affidavit, a trusted police informant identified Memphis Grizzlies' player Zach Randolph as a major marijuana supplier in Indianapolis.

Channel 6 News in Indy is reporting that a drug investigation has led directly to the oft-troubled NBA "star" as possible major player in the local dope market. It started when they pulled over a drug suspect (employed by Randolph) in a car registered to Randolph—that was also filled with pot and guns. That eventually turned up storage lockers rented in his name—again, filled with guns and drugs—and several more cars with secret compartments filled with ... you see where this is going. I guess being famously overpaid just doesn't cover the bills anymore.

http://deadspin.com/5548783/is-zach-randolph-indianas-drug-kingpin

Randolph's attorney, John Tompkins, has reportedly said Boyd worked for his client but Randolph is not connected to drug activity.

Tompkinds reportedly said Randolph's vehicle has secret compartments as a safety precaution to hide valuables.

Despite all this, Minny was so desparate to unload Jefferson (who is impatible with the superior Kevin Love) that they actually offered Jefferson for him. Doesn't this whole drug dealing, secret compartment talk bring back flashes of Michael Vick's downfall to anyone else? We got those same "my water bottle has a secret compartment because I like to carry stuff securely" excuse there too and it was no more believable then. Hopefully Z-Bo doesn't own any dogs.

Edited by AHF

Minny is pimping aj like a 2 dolla ***** and still no takers. They just signed freaking darko to a long term contract to START. Minny is more privy to his medical records than "some well informed hawk fans". This guy is the new Elton Brand.

Minny is pimping aj like a 2 dolla ***** and still no takers. They just signed freaking darko to a long term contract to START. Minny is more privy to his medical records than "some well informed hawk fans". This guy is the new Elton Brand.

You may be correct there.

However, Jefferson was much younger then Brand when their injuries happned. Jefferson is still just 25. Only 11 months difference in age but I see Jefferson still being prodctive in his 30's............unlike I do with Smoove.

Its definately a chance but you get the best value when sale high and buy low.

Edited by coachx

That same GM in Minny also drafted 4 PGs in the 1st round and has yet to prove he has clue what he is doing.