• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are a leader for Shaq

DeacKillsaDevil

Boston would have a potential lineup that features four hall of famers. Pierce, Allen, Garnett, and Shaq daddy.

Shaq with CP3 is good, just Shaq is BAD!!!

A. He will attract fans to attend games B. He will sell jerseys C. 100% improvement over backup C's from last yr. WIN WIN

Shaq is a name but he doesn't bring fans to Phillips like he did in LA or Miami. He's an after sought with those type of fans.

All Boston can offer is the LLE unless R. Wallace retires.

Right ?

The fact he is also interested in Boston tells me he is comfortable coming off the bench.

Boston would be interesting too. It would like the old man team at the YMCA.

With Perkins out for the next 5-6 months, Shaq would be Boston's starting center for the first 3 months of the season or so. I would start Shaq here in Atlanta. That would make Horford's job sooooo much easier. Why not start him? What do we have to lose by starting Shaq?

How is it bad? I just would like you to elaborate on what makes it so bad.

He was very poor often outside of man defense in the paint and low post offense. He just seems to be done outside of those areas. He is an upgrade over Zaza.

With Perkins out for the next 5-6 months, Shaq would be Boston's starting center for the first 3 months of the season or so. I would start Shaq here in Atlanta. That would make Horford's job sooooo much easier. Why not start him? What do we have to lose by starting Shaq?

If this was the 35 year old Shaq I would say start him. But at 38 he can only play about 20 minutes a night and needs nights off when playing back to back games. When he does play in the 2nd of back to back games he is awful.

I'd rather have a consistent starting 5 for chemistry.

Just my opinion.

Next year will be 2011 - not 2001

I think we are getting emotionally tied in the past with shaq

All depends on expectations.

I just want 20 minutes a night and upgrade over ZaZa when matching up vs. the big boys.

I expect to sit him in 1 every set of back to back games. He sucks when he has to play in the 2nd of back to backs.

I still think his size is just what we need. We need that big brute to give a little pain in the paint for 20 minutes a night.

I feel like for a team that is young, athletic, is best when we are running, and plans on installing a motion offense with constant movement, Shaq as a 5 would not fit into those plans at all.

True, Defense wins championships, but I cant see him starting for the above reasons. He will be primarily used to slow down centers that Horf cant (which if Shaq is on our team becomes one less Horf has to worry bout). hopefully that doesnt mean we wont come into a game in full run/attack mode before we decide to stick him in and slow the pace down.

I feel like for a team that is young, athletic, is best when we are running, and plans on installing a motion offense with constant movement, Shaq as a 5 would not fit into those plans at all.

Would he hurt or help when matching up vs. Orlando in another 7 game series ?

You bring some valid points coachx, but even at his old age, he still commands a double team and that would make things so much easier on Horford. He doesn't even have to be what he was at 35. If he can still give us that 12pts 7rebs 1.2blks and convert on 57% of his shot attempts like he did this pass season, we are golden. Between he, Horford and Smoove, we are talking, about 42pts 30rebs and 5.5blks from our C & PF positions. That is unreal once you couple that with Marvin's 10pts, JJ's 20-25pts and Crawford's 18pts. that alone is 90pts not counting what we can get from the PG position and the bench. I like the idea of bringing Shaq. He doesn't have to be any better than he was in Cleveland to change the makeup of our team considerably. I can understand why some people have their reservations though.