We are a leader for Shaq

DeacKillsaDevil

• Moderators

All depends on expectations.

I just want 20 minutes a night and upgrade over ZaZa when matching up vs. the big boys.

I expect to sit him in 1 every set of back to back games. He sucks when he has to play in the 2nd of back to backs.

I still think his size is just what we need. We need that big brute to give a little pain in the paint for 20 minutes a night.

+1

This isn't Shaq signing for the Lakers. This is us getting a big body who is strong and can actually play basketball. He is limited but he would take a lot of pressure off Horford and be pretty dynamic in limited minutes with either Horford or Smith.

• Premium Member

All Boston can offer is the LLE unless R. Wallace retires.

Right ?

The fact he is also interested in Boston tells me he is comfortable coming off the bench.

Boston would be interesting too. It would like the old man team at the YMCA.

R. Wallace WILL retire.

I don't mind starting Shaq if we get Okafor to be honest. I don't like starting Shaq if Smith has to go to the bench or to SF. In that case, bench Shaq.

I am pessimistic on the chances of this happening. Even if it did, I wouldn't be ecstatic. It would be a good signing, but to be honest Shaq could go out there and have absolutely nothing left next year and I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

He is very close to a TV job I'd say.

I am pessimistic on the chances of this happening. Even if it did, I wouldn't be ecstatic. It would be a good signing, but to be honest Shaq could go out there and have absolutely nothing left next year and I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Nor would I jhay...but the more I think about it I wonder. Obviously Shaq dances to the beat of his own drummer - but if he wants to stay in the game for another 2-3 years, what better place than Atlanta?

1.) He (and the whole world) knows that we need some inside meat to compete against certain teams.

2.) He knows we are going to be solidly in the playoffs with or without him...so he doesn't have to "lift" us.

3.) He knows he can play limited minutes for us and take some nights off....just be there at playoff time.

(P.S. - even though JJ is getting max dollars - Shaq would be the "star" here in Atlanta)

Edited by DJlaysitup

Wow. Won't get my hopes up too high but man if something like that happened I'd consider this off-season a huge success.

yeah it's not MVP version of Shaq but even over the hill Shaq >>> most centers in the worst era of Centers in NBA history.

And a force like that potentially off the bench, wow. We complain how soft Zaza can be, wouldn't have to worry about that. And the team we match up with the absolute worse in the Orlando Magic, we could have a force that could have a much better chance one on one against Dwight Howard.

But something tells me if it's between us and Boston, then Shaq will choose Boston because at this point of his career he seems to want to go on the team that gives him on the surface the best chance to win a ring.

But something tells me if it's between us and Boston, then Shaq will choose Boston because at this point of his career he seems to want to go on the team that gives him on the surface the best chance to win a ring.

If I remember correctly, isn't Shaq only is interested in playing for REAL coaches? Doc>LD

Can Dwight Howard out play him head to head? probably.. Can Dwight Howard just shove him out of the way and intimidate him like he did Horford, Smoove and ZaZa? probably not.

Edited by NJHAWK

Can Dwight Howard out play him head to head? probably.. Can Dwight Howard just shove him out of the way and intimidate him like he did Horford, Smoove and ZaZa? probably not.

That's why I'm not opposed to it. Shaq is better than nothing. There are very few (if any) Dwight Howard stoppers. Shaq is one of the few that won't won't get pushed around.

Shaq will be playing for only one thing here: money. He's got to know that he wouldn't have a shot for a title. My worry is that Shaq would be completely disinterested if he came here to play 15 minutes. We need to get someone better than a 38 y/o way past his prime.

Shaq will be playing for only one thing here: money. He's got to know that he wouldn't have a shot for a title. My worry is that Shaq would be completely disinterested if he came here to play 15 minutes. We need to get someone better than a 38 y/o way past his prime.

I dunno HB...Shaq is an odd bird...it's hard to figure what makes him tick. Surely he has some money, and if he wants to retire from playing he would be a TV guy in a heartbeat. Shaq will never be hurting for a job.