• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford "not sure" about staying in Atlanta

Sothron

• Premium Member

I never said I hated Al, I said he's not a better player than Smoove and he's not, he is also not untouchable when you guys claim he is. What's so hard to understand about that?

You really seem to go after Al often in your posts. I never said Horford was untouchable either. In fact I made a post just today in another thread saying I'd trade any player on this roster to get a ring.

Answer me this: are you a Hawks fan or a Josh Smith fan who roots for Atlanta because he's on this team?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Your list is pretty bad. First of all Horfords post game is lame. That is probably his biggest weakness. Pick and roll? Please Horford needs to be hit with a cattle prod to get him to roll to the basket. Time and again guys will lead him with a pass to the basket but he stops after a step or two instead of rolling all the way to the basket, leading to a turnover.

Horford's ball handling skill doesn't amount to a hill of beans since he doesn't use it in the half court set. If he did he would be able to beat opposing centers off the dribble routinely.

Smith scores more points which is obviously a key stat. He also gets more steals and free throw attempts. Horford doesn't get to the line much because he isn't aggressive when he has the ball.

Josh is also a much better passer and overall playmaker. Plus his highlight plays both on offense and defense pretty much give our team its edge and can change games in a split second.

I love both players, and in my opinion if Josh Smith would just grow up a little bit he would be easily the better player. Unfortunately you have to wonder if that will ever happen at this point. If we HAD to trade one I would have to go with Josh for that one reason.

Josh is also a much better passer and overall playmaker. Plus his highlight plays both on offense and defense pretty much give our team its edge and can change games in a split second.

I love both players, and in my opinion if Josh Smith would just grow up a little bit he would be easily the better player. Unfortunately you have to wonder if that will ever happen at this point. If we HAD to trade one I would have to go with Josh for that one reason.

Both guys have major issues that seem like they would be easy to correct. Maybe Drew has been seeing the same things we see and will make some simple changes. Hit a guy in his wallet and he'll get the message. If i was on the staff i would make the following suggestions:

-Smith should be fined every time he tries to lead the break.

-Smith should be fined if he takes a jumper outside 18 feet with more than 5 seconds left on the clock.

-Drew should chew Smith out when he starts barking at the refs.

-Horford should be fined every time he tries to play with his back to the basket against a bigger player.

- Horford should also be fined when he is involved in a pick and roll and only rolls a step or two , then stops. He should also be fined for passing up a wide open 15 footer.

- I can't think of an appropriate fine to try to get Horford to take big slow centers off the dribble. However i could probably come up with one if i was getting paid to.

You'd better believe if i was on the coaching staff things would change in a hurry with these two, assuming i didn't get fired too quickly lol.

• Premium Member

You really seem to go after Al often in your posts. I never said Horford was untouchable either. In fact I made a post just today in another thread saying I'd trade any player on this roster to get a ring.

Answer me this: are you a Hawks fan or a Josh Smith fan who roots for Atlanta because he's on this team?

The lack of an answer is an answer itself. I don't understand people who only root for players in a sport and not a team.

I never said I hated Al, I said he's not a better player than Smoove and he's not, he is also not untouchable when you guys claim he is. What's so hard to understand about that?

just saying it dont make it true