• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks offer Shaq the midlevel exception.

AtLaS

vext- the Hawks could do a S&T of Childress for Shaq to give him more than the MLE.

I was under the impression that you couldn't S&T two players in a trade. Could be wrong though. If you can do that, then we would still have our MLE at least. Maybe use it on another PG just in case (maybe Felton).

I love the idea of signing Shaq daddy, but Josh Smith is my favorite Hawks player and I don't want to him to go.

People People People, they are not going to trade josh smith. they are just testing the waters, that's it. no way they trade him and N.O. already said they are not giving up CP3.

Let me ask you guys a question if this where to happen who would guard guys like bosh, Lewis, garnett, and hedo? AL? OKAFO? HORFORD? Have you not seen what happens when you put all the the quicker PF? Game winner bosh, three pointer Lewis...Just look at the film

They are not that crazy to trade josh smith and run with a late 80s early 90s from line that is slow and immobile. two bangger doesn't work anymore people, why would they use josh and horford as reasons for Johnson to return if they where just going to trade smoove. IT AINT HAPPENING!!! Bibby, Crawford, Marvin and maybe even Zaza are on the block so stop with all this nonsense for one night please. you can't believe everything you read, if that was the case smoove would be in Memphis right now, Johnson would be going to Chicago/new york and lady gaga would have a wenis!!

Horford, smith, and Johnson are this team. Any speculation of a trade involving either of them is just speculation of possibilities but would never come to pass. every team tries to see what they can get for a key guy each off-season, this is nothing new.

I can't believe you "FANS" are harping for horford and okafor and shaq!!!! Are you HIGH, SERIOUSLY!!!??

...take okafor out and you got yourself a deal. CP3 will be in N.O. next year and Smoove will be in ATL.

People here, you fans, hear the name of a supposed marquee guy and you proceed to lose your minds and it's just comical!

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/nba/story.asp?i=20100623221122340000101&ref=hea&tm=&src=

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13556098/hornets-ownership-discounts-chances-of-paul-trade/rss

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-draft-hornets

Both shots you are talking about were just great shots. It wasnt like Bosh beat him off the dribble for a 15 footer. That was atleast 20 ft out and Horford was contesting. That's just what superstars do. If I'm thinking of the same Rashard Lewis shot, then I don't know why you mentioned that too. If I recall correctly, Horford was all over him for the shot that he was lucky enough to hit.

While Josh Smith is probably my favorite Hawk, we need to make a big trade IMO and Josh is probably our best trade bait to acquire a top tier player, given that he is still young and on a very reasonable contract.

But Josh is pretty close to being a top tier player himself. Why trade a guy that young with that much potential that is already a key part of our team. Get rid of Marvin but we really need to keep Josh and Holford.

• Moderators

Was DA's notes posted somewhere already? I can delete it, if so..

http://www.nba.com/news/features/aldridge.2010.freeagency/#Shaq

An NBA source confirmed a FanHouse.com report Monday evening that the Atlanta Hawks have an interest in signing free agent center Shaquille O'Neal, and sources have told NBA.com's Sekou Smith that the team has discussed a two-year deal worth $11.7 million for O'Neal. However, the source cautioned that the Hawks' interest in the 38-year-old O'Neal is "preliminary" and that the team, no matter what big man it brings in, has no intention of moving All-Star center Al Horford to power forward in any scenario.

The source said the Hawks' interest in O'Neal is not significantly greater than the team's interest in other free agent centers like Zydrunas Ilgauskas or Brad Miller, and that the team has just begun examining whether it needs another big man to play with Horford and backup Zaza Pachulia, who Atlanta likes a great deal as a reserve. However, the possibility exists that Hawks ownership may view O'Neal as an attractive component next season and could be driving the team's pursuit of the 15-time All-Star and two-time Finals MVP.

The Hawks also do not want to mess too much with a team that won 53 games in the regular season, even though Atlanta was taken apart by Orlando in the second round. There have been murmurs that the Hawks are shopping forward Josh Smith, who had one of his best seasons last year. However, a source with knowledge of the Hawks' thinking said that the team would only contemplate moving Smith for a major, star player at power forward.

~lw3

• Moderators

Major star player at PF, eh? hmm... only one such player I can think of that's looking to change addresses. How funny would it be to have Shaq and "The Ru Paul of NBA Big Men" together on the same team? Horf and Bosh can trade the starting C spots from game-to-game, then shift to Diesel when needed.

~lw3

Major star player at PF, eh? hmm... only one such player I can think of that's looking to change addresses. How funny would it be to have Shaq and "The Ru Paul of NBA Big Men" together on the same team? Horf and Bosh can trade the starting C spots from game-to-game, then shift to Diesel when needed.

~lw3

I don't buy that we'd only trade him for a star PF, considering that he himself is a PF. Why would another team trade us their star PF for our PF? There's no chance in hell that we'd turn down a trade for one of the elite stars in the league like Paul or Lebron or Carmelo if they asked for Josh Smith either.

• Like 1