• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks offer Shaq the midlevel exception.

AtLaS

Just reported on ESPN News. Shaq agents denied that ATL made him Midlevel offer :comp_virus:

LOL . . which means that the blog writers are simply reading the AJC and Hawksquawk message boards, and trying to scoop a story that isn't even there.

WE are the "unnamed sources" that all of these writers use.

• Like 2

Sorry I wasn't thinking but i would still do Paul/Okafor for Smoove/Bibby/Zaza. I think that might work.

Paul/Okafor ~27M according to Sham, but ESPN is using the old numbers, and shows ~24.3

Smoove/Bibby/Zaza ~21.8M

Works according to ESPN

Shamsports

But N.O. would almost certainly prefer Jamal Crawford's expiring contract with Smoove.

Smith/Crawford for Paul/Okafor also works.

Interestingly, ESPN's instant analysis argues that Hornets win total would remain static (Hawks +6, FWIW).

Jeff Caplan of ESPN Dallas said that the Mavericks don't want Shaq.

Whenever a new destination for Shaquille O'Neal is discussed, the Dallas Mavericks will come up. Shaq and Mavs owner Mark Cuban are buddies and Cuban has a lot of money and he isn't afraid to spend it.

And, hey, who are the Mavs -- with their history of inferior centers -- not to give one of the most dominant players ever on the planet at least his deserved consideration?

The Mavs popped up again Monday night as one of at least three teams taking a hard look at past-his-prime Shaq.

Don't bet on him winding up with the Mavs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmavericks/post/_/id/4669866/rumors-will-persist-but-mavs-dont-want-shaq?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Admin

Paul/Okafor ~27M according to Sham, but ESPN is using the old numbers, and shows ~24.3

Smoove/Bibby/Zaza ~21.8M

Works according to ESPN

Shamsports

But N.O. would almost certainly prefer Jamal Crawford's expiring contract with Smoove.

Smith/Crawford for Paul/Okafor also works.

Interestingly, ESPN's instant analysis argues that Hornets win total would remain static (Hawks +6, FWIW).

The ESPN trade machine is outdated as it is still using last season's salaries....it still has Paul at the BYC

Ignore ESPN....If you use Realgm you can see that the trade that works (upcoming salaries)

it will be Okafor / Paul for Smith / Crawford / Bibby

We no longer have Bibby and New Orleans gets out of some huge salaries and get expiring with Crawford, two years of Bibby at only 6 million and a crowd pleaser in Smith

Memo to all single chickenhedz ages 35 and up, season tix are on sale now!

The Superman logo would look really nice in blue, red, and silver. Just sayin'...

~lw3

HAHA. . . I missed this earlier. Yeah man . . all of those "ballin" females in ATL might be lining up to see Shaq at Philips. They'll be trying to purchase season tix right behind the bench.

• Like 1

The ESPN trade machine is outdated as it is still using last season's salaries

I know, hence:

but ESPN is using the old numbers

Trade Machine just gives people something to look at to feel warm and fuzzy right now.

That's why I linked Sham.

You are correct in the Bibby throw in, which makes sense, though I think N.O. has enough flexibility with exceptions to make up that difference.

• Admin

I know, hence:

Trade Machine just gives people something to look at to feel warm and fuzzy right now.

That's why I linked Sham.

You are correct in the Bibby throw in, which makes sense, though I think N.O. has enough flexibility with exceptions to make up that difference.

If the trade did happen that way and it was Smith / Bibby and Crawford then we are now suddenly weak on outside shooting.

Really only Joe with a less extent Marvin and Mo.

If the trade did happen that way and it was Smith / Bibby and Crawford then we are now suddenly weak on outside shooting.

Really only Joe with a less extent Marvin and Mo.

Which, as I understand things, would present a pretty big problem in LD's proposed motion offense.

Though CP3 has continued to improve his shooting.

Would be really reliant on Marvin improving that 3-range more IMO.

How can Shaq possibly turn down 2yrs at the MLE from a 53 win team? Make it happen Sund.

If the Heat can get Wade & Bosh then I could see him reuniting with Riley & the Heat. I could see him waiting for the dust to settle in FA before making a comittment.

Hope Shaq becomes a Hawk though !

ROFL at ESPN putting the celtics in the hunt. they basically put the Celtics then the Mavs then the Hawks because they hate us sooo badly that we are last in their alphabetical order. OMG I NEARLY PISSED MY PANTS LAUGHING WOW I HATE ESPN AND THEIR BIAS ITS SO FREAKING REDICULOUS I WANNA HAVE ALL OF THEM FIRED SOOOO BAD!

LOL IT SAYS C SHAQUILLE O'NEAL IS DRAWING INTEREST FROM CELTICS, MAVERICKS AND hawks THATS NOT EVEN IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER LIKE THEY USUALLY DO IT thats how relevent we are to that pathetic excuse for a network. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL I HATE THEM SOO BAD.

Edited by Unforgiven

My Hornets friend said from what he has heard (this is literal third hand information I only repeat it here for fans) the Hornets are "kicking the tires" on a deal offered by the Hawks of Paul/Okafor for Smith/Crawford.

Other than the contract,Okafor is exactly what we need to pair with Shaq for our C position. I always thought the deal would have to be Smith / Jamal / Zaza for CP3 / Okafor. I would do it in a second...

Paul / Teague

JJ / Crawford 2

Marvin / Mo

Horford / Joe Smith

Okafor / Shaq

Tht is pretty damn good.....

Here is what Stephen A. Smith said on his Twitter about Shaq:

"Btw......Shaq would not mind ending up in Atlanta at all. He'd love it. But they'll need to do better than a mid-level offer."

Really??? Seriously? Is there a single analyst out there that understands how the salary cap and the MLE work? So, let me get this right Stephen "Cheese Doodle" Smith, the Hawks have to do better than a mid-level offer. How the hell is that possible seeing as we are over the salary cap? And exactly why would we pay more than ~5.5 mil for a 38 year old center that will play no more than 20 minutes a game? Why wouldn't we just use that money to sign a younger center, i.e. Haywood, to a slightly longer contract?

Oh, and I say we go for it if we can get Shaq for the MLE on 2 years. Sure he is a different player now, but he might just be what we need to counteract Dwight. He also might be able to keep our focus and energy up from a leader/vet mentor perspective on the bench. And it would be great for Al to play against him in practice everyday.

the Hawks have to do better than a mid-level offer. How the hell is that possible seeing as we are over the salary cap?

vext- the Hawks could do a S&T of Childress for Shaq to give him more than the MLE.

Edited by spotatl

Shaq coming here would be good, but it's no long term solution. Sure, it would give Al 20 mins or so at the #4, but we really need a full time center, but I guess this is better than nothing.

The best part of that article was that the Hawks are considering trading Josh Smith. That would show Al that the team is commited to him as our power forward of the future and get that

whiny, complaining, immature Smoove to be another team's problem. If you want this team to go in a new direction, I think getting Smith off the roster is a good start.