• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBATV: Hawks to get in on Lebron sweepstakes

LefthooK

Here's the actual post:

It came up on the nbatv ticker. It sounds like the atl upper management said, "we gave you this ridiculous contract now help us bring lbj to town." Obviously this would be a sign and trade situation.

Horford

Smith

Lebron

Jj

Bibby

Very impressive. Not sold on the coaches. Any thoughts on who they could trade?

• Premium Member

Here's the actual post:

Contract wise, if we were to make an offer to Cleveland...

It's hard to know how it would go, I think a third team would have to be added... because we can offer Smoove/Marv or Smoove/Craw or Smoove/Bibby Plus Picks. However, if we send Smoove, then Cleveland would have to either move Jamison to the 3 or find a trade for him.

• Premium Member

Cavs have already stated that a SNT for Bron is not an option.

....and if it were Hawks would have to give more than Smoove & Marv.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Seems pretty crazy to me and as much as I can't stand Lebron I'd be all over a Smith/Marvin/Crawford/1st for Lebron and Varejao trade.

Or just to live in fantasy land a little longer, how about these deals?

1. Marvin/Crawford/Bibby/Zaza/2011 & 2013 first round picks for Lebron/Varejao

2. Smith/Teague/Evans for Paul

Then we sign Childress and Shaq and find a backup players for the minimum and lineup:

Paul / ?? / ??

JJ / Jordan Crawford

Lebron / Childress

Varejao / ?? / ??

Horford / Shaq / ??

That could potentially be the best top 7 players on a single team in NBA history with 3 Hall of Famers (2 in their prime) and more 2 All-Stars (1 in his prime and 1 still very productive).

Cavs have already stated that a SNT for Bron is not an option.

....and if it were Hawks would have to give more than Smoove & Marv.

That's just what the Cavs are supposed to say, they are playing hardball with LeBron. They know they can sign him to a bigger contract than anyone else, why wouldn't they say it? Because they know LeBron will only want to S&T if he leaves, his ego is too big to take a contract smaller than other players.

That's just what the Cavs are supposed to say, they are playing hardball with LeBron. They know they can sign him to a bigger contract than anyone else, why wouldn't they say it? Because they know LeBron will only want to S&T if he leaves, his ego is too big to take a contract smaller than other players.

Joe's contract hasn't been officially signed yet. Is there a way we can trade players to a team under the cap, say someone like the Clippers who LeBron does not intend to sign with and get further under the cap? That way we can sign LeBron first and then sign Joe after that (since we are able to go over the cap to be able to sign him). I haven't had time to fully think thru this but just trying to come up w/ ideas about how it can be done.

• Premium Member

Have to keep our collective head about all of this... give away too much, and we're just the Atlanta Cavaliers... same as that I don't want to be the Atlanta Hornets if we somehow would have obtained Paul. Sure, we get more media attention, but truth be told, I rather like it that the media so disrespects us that with every new achievement, the idiocy of their supposed "expertise" is further illuminated.

Another angle to this is that we might be smart to pursue Bosh even more strongly than we previously had. If Bron goes back to Cleveland, and Wade ultimately chooses to go back to Miami, Bosh could end up being the man without a country... in a manner of speaking... and potentially it could come down to a choice between playing beside Yao, playing beside Dirk, or playing beside Joe.... and he fits best in ATL of those three, all other things being equal.

Edited by sturt

They'll ask for Horford + Smoove + Marvin + Teague ( at least).

Wait for LeBron to invite Hawks GM first before going overboard.

NBA TV wants some rating boost in Atlanta.

I am certain that we won't give up Horford AND Smith in any deal, although one of them will almost certainly be included in any deal for a superstar and since Josh has the bigger contract he'd likely be the one to go.

I'm also nearly certain that we have about 1% or less chance at getting Lebron, but for some reason I feel like we've got a real shot at landing Paul.

• Premium Member

If the hawks had to give up Horf and Smoove for Bron and didn't do it they would be certifiably insane! The math is simple: How many sellouts did Horf and Smoove net you? How many would Bron net you? Simple math imho.

Until a link is provided just treat it with skepticism. It is interesting regardless. I am sure JJ made a call to Lebron. After Lebron probably ask "Who the hell is Joe Johnson?". Lebron probably thought it would be interesting to play here. If he thought Cleveland treated him like a King. Atlanta would treat him like a GOD.