• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know it's just a sport, but I feel sick

It's tough for them, but they'll endure. That's a town that's used to heartbreak, so this is really nothing new, just more of the same old stuff. They've gotten through everything else, and they'll get through this. They can survive off LeBron hate if nothing else.

if the Hawks DONT MAKE A SERIOUS MOVE I WILL BE ON THE HEAT BANDWAGON FOLLOW WITH ME IF THE HAWKS DONT GET ANOTHER SERIOUS PLAYER ON THIS ROSTER. CHRIS PAUL OR WHAT HAVE YOU. you know its gonna be a long 5-10 years if you dont.

Edited by Unforgiven

I have no problem with what LeBron did. The Cavs were so unbelievably lucky (winning the lottery) to get LeBron for 7 years. He couldn't win (because he isn't an all-time elite player) with Cleveland so he has to go with other stars to try to win a title.

I find the whole thing really funny..to tell you the truth.

if the Hawks DONT MAKE A SERIOUS MOVE I WILL BE ON THE HEAT BANDWAGON FOLLOW WITH ME IF THE HAWKS DONT GET ANOTHER SERIOUS PLAYER ON THIS ROSTER. CHRIS PAUL OR WHAT HAVE YOU. you know its gonna be a long 5-10 years if you dont.

Oh my gosh...please, stop.

I know a lot of people have said it, but I agree: true leadership isn't taking the easy way out. It's elevating others to greatness. And from a competitor standpoint, it's all about beating the best, not joining them.

It all just feels hollow, a mistake, a legacy tarnished. On a positive note, it will be that much sweeter should our Hawks meet and beat them in the playoffs.

I have no problem with what LeBron did. The Cavs were so unbelievably lucky (winning the lottery) to get LeBron for 7 years. He couldn't win (because he isn't an all-time elite player) with Cleveland so he has to go with other stars to try to win a title.

I find the whole thing really funny..to tell you the truth.

Oh my gosh...please, stop.

have fun being a hawks fan if we sign $800K players only and dont get to work cause im through until that group splits up in south beach

This whole thing is a debacle.... I supported LeBron not even being a fan of him or his team, I was wrong. I'm ashamed....how this all went down, I can't believe it...

Analysts and executives and NBA fanatics will be analyzing this move for years and years. I think the only way Lebron can be justified is by winning five or six championships in a row -- and I'm not being sarcastic. If Lebron is wearing rings on both hands six years from now, then perhaps this move was the right one. It's hard to win that trophy, and it is even harder to win it five times in a row, no matter how many superstars are on your team. If these three don't do big, huge, gigantic things, Lebron's legacy will not be that of a leader and a winner.

This is the ultimate test for that Cleveland fan base. When I went on my rant asking if we ( Atlanta Hawks fans ) are a "Championship Level Fan Base", this is the type of situation in which a true "Championship Level Fan Base" would NOT turn its back on the team . . even if the star leaves.

It is imperative that the city of Cleveland continues to support the Cavs with the same enthusiasm that they supported them when they had Lebron in the mix. And that means that they have to CONTINUE to go to the games, regardless of what happens. This is definitely tough for that city, because Lebron was pretty much the economic engine spurring on the economic growth in downtown.

Cleveland has to take a page from Chicago and NewYork right now. The only way they're going to get through this, is to become a UNITED FORCE that stands behind that team . . regardless of what happens. If they do that, and they're able to get themselves in position to get a star player that can get them back to contender level, they just may be able to overcome this.

We will see now who are true Cavs fans . . . or who were simply Lebron fans.

I just feel sick because:

1) The number of Heat fans at the Hawks vs. Heat games next year will be overwhelming. And you know they are going to be as cocky as sh*t.

2) This move killed the NBA for a lot of people. Not just Cav fans. I think the Heat are going to get booed at every game they play next year.

3) The Hawks still can't get no respect. I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they listed the top 4 teams in the east to talk about where they might stand next year after this move. When they got to the 4th seed they were like, "um... oh yea, the Atlanta Hawks. I forgot they were in 4th place". You know, the Hawks didn't get respect last year either but improved their record, and moved up a spot in the east. I still have faith that this team can be a contender. Our bench gets better every year and so do the starters. We won't have to worry about iso after iso play either. Just bring in a quality Center Sund!

• Like 1