• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For those who think Shaq doesn't want to come to Atlanta

Brotha2ThaNite

Says Shaq's people has been pushing for the trade to Atlanta.

link

There were also various reports Wednesday that the Cavs were talking to the Atlanta Hawks about trading for small forward Marvin Williams. According to league sources, the Hawks are motivated to trade Williams and have been looking for takers and also have some interest in Shaquille O'Neal.

Cavs General Manager Chris Grant has a relationship with Williams from when he was in the Hawks' front office. But Williams had a poor 2009-10 season, averaging just 10.1 points and 5.1 rebounds. He also has four years and $30 million left on his contract.

A league source said that while O'Neal's representatives have been pushing the Cavs to look for a sign-and-trade with the Hawks, the Cavs are only mildly interested. It is believed O'Neal is looking for a two-year contract worth more than the $5.7 million mid-level exception and also plenty of playing time. Without cooperation from the Cavs, his options will likely be quite limited.

Plenty of playing time = more than 25 minutes. Who is gonna take the bump? He is not worth more than the MLE. Shaq ran Mike Brown/Terry Porter out of town basically. Does Larry Drew want to deal with that?

[The problem is that when Shaq isn't playing he's in the locker room asking guys: "How many rings do I have? And how many rings does Mike Brown have? And I'm the one not playing?" And I guarantee you the players are listening more to Shaq and not Mike Brown. We know Shaq was unhappy about his role. But the way they needed to play in this series was to keep Shaq on the bench. But Brown couldn't afford to do that because he risked losing his locker room and he risked losing Shaq for the next round. - Ric Bucher http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=31345

Edit: I am confused why the Hawks want to get rid of Marvin but are not looking for replacements (Maybe I am wrong).

Edited by GameTime

He wants to come but not for the MLE...he wants more money to play for us but is willing to take less to go somewhere else...the only way he can get more money is thru a sign n trade

"It is believed O'Neal is looking for a two-year contract worth more than the $5.7 million mid-level exception and also plenty of playing time....I especially don't like him wanting more playing time.

Plenty of playing time = more than 25 minutes. Who is gonna take the bump? He is not worth more than the MLE. Shaq ran Mike Brown/Terry Porter out of town basically. Does Larry Drew want to deal with that?

Edit: I am confused why the Hawks want to get rid of Marvin but are not looking for replacements (Maybe I am wrong).

THANK YOU

Why cant people seem to get this through their heads. No one else is willing to give Shaq that money but he wants more just to play in ATL??? I personally would cut off all contact with him and see if he changes his mind. Sign another free to send a message.

THANK YOU

Why cant people seem to get this through their heads. No one else is willing to give Shaq that money but he wants more just to play in ATL??? I personally would cut off all contact with him and see if he changes his mind. Sign another free to send a message.

I agree. It's like some people on here rather pay Shaq 8 million to get rid of Marvin; when the best Shaq can get from another team is the MLE. Then on top of that lets trade Marvin, then overpay for some journeyman SF.

THANK YOU

I agree. It's like some people on here rather pay Shaq 8 million to get rid of Marvin; when the best Shaq can get from another team is the MLE. Then on top of that, lets trade Marvin then overpay for some journeyman SF.

We need Shaq's presence down low. Make the trade. As for Marvin's replacement. Two words: Matt Barnes. He is there for the taking with QRich signing on with ORL. He played for just 1.6M last season (MoEvans made 2.5M) but is a championship caliber role player in my opinion. Great defender as well.

I'd really like to get Shaq, but not at that price. I want to see want happens to Marvin without the Woody factor. I think he'll be better once he is moving on offense - rather than standing and watching JJ. We are going to trade a young starter for an aging bench player?

I really believe we WILL do this trade - not to improve the team but to save money. We are becoming the K-Mart Hawks.

• Premium Member

We need Shaq's presence down low. Make the trade. As for Marvin's replacement. Two words: Matt Barnes. He is there for the taking with QRich signing on with ORL. He played for just 1.6M last season (MoEvans made 2.5M) but is a championship caliber role player in my opinion. Great defender as well.

What has Shaq's presence done for Phoenix and Cleveland? If we can get him for cheap and with the assurance that he will accept a limited role than go for it. Otherwise the guy will not make us a better team now or in the future.

• Moderators

Like Joni Mitchell, Arn Tellem never lied....

Joe to Shaq: Get Yo Big Self Over Here!

as per Stephen A's twitter:

Already been called by Joe Johnson, telling him to stop playing games and to get his big self to Atlanta. It's on Shaq now. His call.

~lw3

• Moderators

sorry.... Mods you can put my other topic with this one. I see Mel Gibson put the tweet in here. lol

I'm hoping I'm more Danny Glover than Mel, especially given the last few weeks! I'm gonna have to finally make myself watch that flick, I'm thinking that's the one with Joe Pesci cuttin' up?

~lw3

• Moderators

I'm hoping I'm more Danny Glover than Mel, especially given the last few weeks! I'm gonna have to finally make myself watch that flick, I'm thinking that's the one with Joe Pesci cuttin' up?

~lw3

Clearly you are too old for this ****.

• Like 1