• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

As previously believed, ESPN radio in Atlanta is reporting the #Cavs are close to sending Shaq to the Hawks for Marvin Williams in S&T.

DJKadafi

We'll see if anything goes down. As I said, with Atlanta being stupid, no reason from them not to make bigger moves that takes on a big contract when we need super talent.

Maybe i'm misunderstanding you but Shaq's contract would be smaller then Marvins.

Maybe i'm misunderstanding you but Shaq's contract would be smaller then Marvins.

We do not know Shaq's contract since Shaq is not a Hawk. As of now he's a FA.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Nothing else to talk about but a boring summer league.

:bedtime2:

for now atleast!

I can't believe you all are going crazy of this type of twit. It said an Atlanta radio is reporting it.... lol

They were doing nothing but talking about the same rumor that started earlier in the week. LOL

OMG! Swamp land anyone? :laughing5:

play nice

As much as we bad mouth Marvin we all of a sudden act like the guy is untouchable.

I'd love to see this trade go through. Let Marvin get a fresh start in Cleveland with possibly the green light to shoot to really showcase what kind of talent he has. His role will never be that big here.

For what he does on this team, he can be replaced. What Shaq can bring is invaluable. He's the big body answer to Dwight Howard that we simply do not possess on this team. Even if it's a 1-2 year solution it would be worth it.

As previously believed, ESPN radio in Atlanta is reporting the #Cavs are close to sending Shaq to the Hawks for Marvin Williams in S&T.

Well, if this is true I guess Mo Evans will be our starter. I hope we are not thinking of Josh at the three. Josh playing the three was 20 pounds ago.

As much as we bad mouth Marvin we all of a sudden act like the guy is untouchable.

I'd love to see this trade go through. Let Marvin get a fresh start in Cleveland with possibly the green light to shoot to really showcase what kind of talent he has. His role will never be that big here.

For what he does on this team, he can be replaced. What Shaq can bring is invaluable. He's the big body answer to Dwight Howard that we simply do not possess on this team. Even if it's a 1-2 year solution it would be worth it.

You are right. Look for Marvin to live up to the no.2 pick. I think he may average 18 to 20pt per in Cleveland. Then everyone in Hawk land will say "Man, we should have kept Marvin". Especially when Shaq doesn't play much and he gone in 2012.

You are right. Look for Marvin to live up to the no.2 pick. I think he may average 18 to 20pt per in Cleveland. Then everyone in Hawk land will say "Man, we should have kept Marvin". Especially when Shaq doesn't play much and he gone in 2012.

I'm more worried about that happening with childress considering the dirth of talent outside of nash - the best pg in the game imo - and how chillz is a garbage scorer. he'll thrive in phoenix.

There is a difference. The Hawks would not expect Shaq to be a $20 mill a year player, nor would they expect him to start. We just want him for 50 games a year off the bench and to be a BEAST in the playoffs off the bench. Heck Marvin dissapears for at least 30 games a year any way. I have compared him to Derrick McKey since his eary years. A talented player who dissapears too often considering his talent.

Entirely different expectations levels.

Both Phoenix and Cleveland got Shaq for the playoffs so I don't know how the expectations are different. Phoenix wanted him to beat the Spurs and Duncan, their own version of our Orlando Magic only that they were knocked out 3 times in the playoffs by them before they overreacted and took the plunge. They failed. Year later they were still compromising to utilize Shaq and didn't even make the playoffs. Cleveland got Shaq to combat Dwight after he kept them from the finals, they then spent the season walking a tight rope trying to keep all their bigs happy only to not face Orlando in the playoffs and get bounced.

Again, you are putting your own expectations on Shaq and not reality. You expect him to be fine coming off the bench when he is already dictating exorbitant salary demands. You expect him to be a seamless fit with our other players on the court and in the locker room and you expect him to put up more than the modest numbers he's put up in his last two playoffs. This is not about what you and I think of Marvin this is about paying a guy more money than he's currently worth for unrealistic expectations in production.

• Like 2

This is not about what you and I think of Marvin this is about paying a guy more money than he's currently worth for unrealistic expectations in production.

Well put.

Is Hawks + Shaq better than Hawks + nothing worth discussing?

Most likely.

Is Shaq still a kingmaker?

Decidedly not.

This info is about as reliable as that guy on real gm who put in quotes that Shaq and Pat Riley were meeting wednesday but never gave a source. This would be like using something a troll on the espn boards wrote as a source, come on man think.

I'm more worried about that happening with childress considering the dirth of talent outside of nash - the best pg in the game imo - and how chillz is a garbage scorer. he'll thrive in phoenix.

I agree, but we didn't have any choice with that one because Sund rubbed Chillz the wrong way in 2008. But you are right, Chillz will do BIG things in PHX.