• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To me....

Diesel

• Premium Member

• LD is just sitting in Doc Rivers Seat.
  • Shaq is the best thing that can happen to this franchise (not just on the court).
  • Marvin Williams contract will be much worst than Joe's could ever be for this franchise.
  • Chillz will blow up.
  • The ASG will be ridiculed for their missteps if they don't put a winner out this season.
  • Jamal Crawford, Mike Bibby and Josh Smith have been marginalized in the team outlook?
  • Al Horford may not be a longterm Hawk.
  • This offseason may be looked back on one of the worst in the history of the franchise and not because of Joe.
  • Jeff Teague might not have a break out year and he will determine LD's future.
  • Sund will have to take the hit if things don't work... making Doc Rivers Coach/GM.
  • Non of the guys we could have had at 31 will pan out. Centers don't make it to the 2nd round for nothing... Google Loren Woods.
  • If we miss out on Shaq, we will certainly miss out on Chris Paul.
  • Your playoff seeds will be: 1. Orlando, 2. Miami, 3. Milwaukee, 4. Chicago, 5. NY 6. Atlanta 7. New Jersey, 8. Indiana

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Maybe Mil and Chi jump us, but no way in hell does NY overtake us.

Have you looked lately?

NY has Stoudamire, Gallanari, Chandler Felton, Randolph, Turiaf, and Azubike. And they are still holding a pot of money! They have an established coach and a GM who knows how to put together a good team. This team will run, be exciting, and play good defense. All they need is a SG who can hit the open shot. I'm glad they didn't get Joe!

1. Orlando 2. Miami 3. Boston 4. Atlanta. 5. Chicago 6.Bucks 7. NY 8. ?

Just because we haven't made any moves doesn't make us a worse team? Its the same core that is still going to grow, get more mature, and get better. The only one declining at the moment is Bibby.

Great thread Diesel :rolleyes:

Nevermind everything else, do you really think there is any chance, even the slightest, that Doc would come to the Hawks?

Sure, he played here. But he is currently in a team with an ownership that is willing to pay him very much, with players that he really likes, and all that. And even with all that he still has a hard time staying for another year because he wants to be with his family in Orlando. Will Doc leave Boston? Probably, yes. I don't see him sticking around for the rebuilding process after the big 3 are done. Is there any chance at all that he coaches anywhere outside of Orlando or Miami? No. I mean, for the past 3 years he has had a top contending team, was paid very well, was very good friends with the players, etc. etc. and yet every single year he almost didn't come back because of his family in Orlando.

Heck, yahoo sports already has rumors of Riley wanting him to coach the heat if Spoelstra fails this year.

• Premium Member

LD is just sitting in Doc Rivers Seat.

- I wish, but I don't think this group of owners is willing to pay that much money for a coach.

Shaq is the best thing that can happen to this franchise (not just on the court).

- Not if we're still a bargaining piece for FA's to jack up their price. And on/off the court, I don't see him getting us where we need to be.

Marvin Williams contract will be much worst than Joe's could ever be for this franchise.

- Maybe. I'm not at all against trading him. I am against dumping him without seeing him under a non-ISO system. Give him until Feb.

Chillz will blow up.

- Sure will. Been saying it since we drafted him.

The ASG will be ridiculed for their missteps if they don't put a winner out this season.

- What else is new in ATL?

Jamal Crawford, Mike Bibby and Josh Smith have been marginalized in the team outlook?

- Not Smoove, but certainly Bibbs. Craw has his moments too when people give up on him.

Al Horford may not be a longterm Hawk.

- I get that feeling. Or someone will make him a ridiculous offer and we'll either match or SnT for nothing near what we give up.

This offseason may be looked back on one of the worst in the history of the franchise and not because of Joe.

- Maybe not the worst, but certainly the most BLAH

Jeff Teague might not have a break out year and he will determine LD's future.

- I don't think he'll break out. But he'll certainly be given his chance. LD's future will be determined by how effective his offense is.

Sund will have to take the hit if things don't work... making Doc Rivers Coach/GM.

- Two words: Status Quo.

Non of the guys we could have had at 31 will pan out. Centers don't make it to the 2nd round for nothing... Google Loren Woods.

- No arguement there.

If we miss out on Shaq, we will certainly miss out on Chris Paul.

- Sund should be fired if Paul is available and we don't end up with him. I don't see a better package for him than the assets we have.

Your playoff seeds will be: 1. Orlando, 2. Miami, 3. Milwaukee, 4. Chicago, 5. NY 6. Atlanta 7. New Jersey, 8. Indiana

- Not at all: 1) Miami 2) Orlando 3) Boston 4) Chicago 5) Atlanta 6) NY 7) Milwaukee 8) Cleveland

• Premium Member

This offseason may be looked back on one of the worst in the history of the franchise and not because of Joe.

- Maybe not the worst, but certainly the most BLAH

We are 17 days into the offseason and 9 into the signing period. As expected, the A level free agents have signed. The B & C free agents are being signed now, Many are still available inlcuding Shaq, Miller, and other center candidates.

You've already made a determination of the entire offseason for the Hawks given above? I thought slow and steady wins the race...

This thread has to be a joke right? You really think we will drop down that far.. I've realized that some of you guys on here will complain 24-7. No matter what the hawks did or did not do...

For once I agree with you 100%.

Diesel is saying that this same roster will lose about 12 more games then last year.

For once I agree with you 100%.

Diesel is saying that this same roster will lose about 12 more games then last year.

I agree with him because as Ive said all summer I dont think a team with Joe and Josh as its two best players can mentally recover from what happened last year . There personalities are not the type to lead one to believe that they could pull a team out of the fire.

• Premium Member

Nevermind everything else, do you really think there is any chance, even the slightest, that Doc would come to the Hawks?

Sure, he played here. But he is currently in a team with an ownership that is willing to pay him very much, with players that he really likes, and all that. And even with all that he still has a hard time staying for another year because he wants to be with his family in Orlando. Will Doc leave Boston? Probably, yes. I don't see him sticking around for the rebuilding process after the big 3 are done. Is there any chance at all that he coaches anywhere outside of Orlando or Miami? No. I mean, for the past 3 years he has had a top contending team, was paid very well, was very good friends with the players, etc. etc. and yet every single year he almost didn't come back because of his family in Orlando.

Heck, yahoo sports already has rumors of Riley wanting him to coach the heat if Spoelstra fails this year.

I think Doc would. First of all, I don't know if Doc loves Boston. I think his choices are like: 1. Orlando, 2. Boston, 3. Us.

2nd, What does Doc have in Boston?

Aging talent that is overpaid and a PG who is a hothead who he has clashed with on a few occassions.

Why Atlanta?

1. He played here.

2. He has friends here.

3. We would give him complete control as Coach/GM

4. Doc would have a chance to prove something.

Let me explain this. Doc has admired our young, athletic lineup for a few years now. When we tested his Boston team, think about it, we took them to 7 when the Lakers couldn't, More importantly, Doc wants to prove that he can coach a dynasty. He won't get that in Boston. They are already on their downward slide. The loss of one more free agent and that's it. However, he comes to Atlanta, he has young talent (like his first Orlando team). He has skilled players. He would have players that he could either use as trade piece or that he could develop. Sund is going to babysit this team so that we're not in a bad position. Him and LD are holding Doc Rivers' chair.