• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm boycotting the Hawks

Skar

Until the current ownership leaves or actually make an effort in trying to win, I am boycotting/protesting by not watching or going to the Hawks games this season and beyond. I love the hawks but I'm to the point that wish they would just pack up and leave. Hopefully more people will start boycotting the hawks so a message could be sent.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Until the current ownership leaves or actually make an effort in trying to win, I am boycotting/protesting by not watching or going to the Hawks games this season and beyond. I love the hawks but I'm to the point that wish they would just pack up and leave. Hopefully more people will start boycotting the hawks so a message could be sent.

I already boycott the Thrashers because of their mishandling of the franchise. I understand why you are upset with the ASG. I'll give them this season to see if they use Crawford's and Evans expiring to improve the team before I consider not going to Hawks games.

• Like 1

I already boycott the Thrashers because of their mishandling of the franchise. I understand why you are upset with the ASG. I'll give them this season to see if they use Crawford's and Evans expiring to improve the team before I consider not going to Hawks games.

The Thrashers this year gives me hope with the improvements they made, however the Hawks have yet to improve, instead they overpay for Joe (which gives up in playoffs and trashes the fans) 90% chance (imo) we lose Horford after his contract is up. Still don't have a center to compete with the likes of Dwight Howard. I guess the beat down by Orlando didn't send a message to the ASG.

• Like 2

instead they overpay for Joe (which gives up in playoffs and trashes the fans) 90% chance (imo) we lose Horford after his contract is up.

Seriously... you think that the Hawks paying Joe means that they wouldn't match a contract on Horford? He will be a RFA- he can only leave if the Hawks decide to let him leave. If you think resigning Joe kills the chances that Crawford is back after next season I can see that but I'd be surprised to see Horford leave.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

ATL still not an attractive destination for free agents and that should be seen as an Hawks player problem. Had these guys been able to put together a more competitive playoff run in the past 2 post seasons I seriously think players like Shaq, Brad Miller and Big Z would take less money to play here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hey youngan, we have all been there. Several of us have been around over 20 years (32 for me) and I know your feelings and aggravation. I'm pretty bugged right now myself and if the Hawks don't get Shaq I won't attend any games this year and will watch less on tv. You can never totally leave and not be a fan anymore, you'll be back for more like the rest of us.

• Like 1

i care because.... :slap1:

Nire gets an and 1. What else do you want Skar? They won 53 games last year. They brought JJ back (I disagree with the move, but you can't say they were cheap about it). They are 4 million from the Luxury tax and trying to get the best players they can for what little they have to spend. Be educated in your response, but what would you have had them do? Who would you have acquired realistically via free agency for less than 4 million a season that would have put them over the top?

Unfortunately, ownership thinks it is "trying" to win. They think if they bring back the exact same team as last year except pay them more money, they'll get a different outcome. If they really wanted to win a championship they would have done the unpopular thing and started over.

• Like 3

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Things did change. Maybe not the players. I sincerely believe the owners are doing whatever

they can to change - improve the Hawks. No one can force any free agent to come here. And,

if there is to be a trade, both teams must agree to the trade.

The big change is in changing the head coach. Many of us griped about Woody, some more

than others. Well, he's gone. Are we better with our new coach? Gotta wait and see. But, we

all hope so.

We gave Chills away, more or less. Apparently our GM is trying to give Marvin away. Fans have

griped about both these players. Will moving them change any thing? Here again, it's a "Wait and

see" question.

An old country song appllies here. "Don't count your money while the cards are on the table. There's

time for counting when the dealing"s done."

Wait until the season starts. Watch the final roster players as they play and the new coach. Then

decide. It's much too early to jump on or off the band wagon.

GO DREAM!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

No one can force any free agent to come here. And,

if there is to be a trade, both teams must agree to the trade.

YES. + 1 million. It's amazing how quickly otherwise intelligent people appear to forget this small fact of life.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I knew the shills for the ASG would show up in this thread. They just love those 14 dollar tix they get.

ar·ro·gance (n)

: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

Ex: It is the epitome of arrogance to suggest that the only way people could disagree with you is if they are being paid to do so.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, ownership thinks it is "trying" to win. They think if they bring back the exact same team as last year except pay them more money, they'll get a different outcome. If they really wanted to win a championship they would have done the unpopular thing and started over.

That would be a terrible basketball and financial decision! The move would not only be unpopular but incredibly foolish as well. Why on earth would you blow up the youngest playoff team, especially a team that won 53 games with a coach that many people here felt was the big thing holding the team back, to start over and risk going through another decade of losing??

• Like 3

That would be a terrible basketball and financial decision! The move would not only be unpopular but incredibly foolish as well. Why on earth would you blow up the youngest playoff team, especially a team that won 53 games with a coach that many people here felt was the big thing holding the team back, to start over and risk going through another decade of losing??

+1. The ASG is not blowing the team up. What they are doing is staying pat and staying under the luxury tax. Its going to be interesting to see how a new coach improves the team. But at the sametime, the competition just in our own division is going to be off the charts.

A new coach will not pull us up past Miami, but a decent scheme could help us with Orlando IMO.

• Like 1

I knew the shills for the ASG would show up in this thread. They just love those 14 dollar tix they get.

If, by shills you mean common sense, thanks. Some people have, some don't.

:newspaper: