• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie Law is still available

• Premium Member

What??? no TONY DELK endorsements yet?? I would have thought Flip's name would have come up way before Acie. This thread is really impressive.

Filpper's name would be fist if the Hawks needed another 2-guard. So unless the Hawks plan on leading the league in shots attempts with the Crawford Boyz and Flipper I say bring in more competition at the point.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

GS back court was so crowded that Don Nelson had no urge to play him.

In Chicago, the fans loved Acie and some thought he was a less talented version of their starter. Too similar to be a backup of the starter though.

Acie had a series of bad luck here. Some thought Woody was ready to start him when Anthony Johnson threw that Hissy-fit and Woody decided to start AJ. When Acie started playing really good and was about to snatch the starting gig, he got injured by Hollins. When Bibby came he was just not as good to start. These days it looks like Acie lost his passion for the game. He also looks flabby.

I wonder if his familiarity with our starters give him a leg up here. He used to play decent defense against both guards.

• 2 weeks later...

call me a cheerleader if you wish but I don't see a downside with this. Would be nice competition to push Teague and he would be an insurance policy in case of injury.

You may be on to something here. He know LD"s offence, he is a big guard you need, and he will be cheap. I saw Bull highlights of him and he looked really good. I think he is having bad luck in the NBA right now. I mean who would not have traded him for Jamal. They were already loaded at PG in GS,and the Bulls have a premiere player at PG also. I say Acie would be a great third PG in Atlanta.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You may be on to something here. He know LD"s offence, he is a big guard you need, and he will be cheap. I saw Bull highlights of him and he looked really good. I think he is having bad luck in the NBA right now. I mean who would not have traded him for Jamal. They were already loaded at PG in GS,and the Bulls have a premiere player at PG also. I say Acie would be a great third PG in Atlanta.

Looks like Acie was real popular in Chicago even though he really wasn't there that long. 3rd option?? I don't know about that. Bibby looked like he running on the beach out there. I would be shocked if LD played Bibby over Acie. Bibby still has some value as a player/coach type but he's too far gone to asked to run a team.

• Premium Member

I trust y'all, but can y'all provide some links of this unadulterated Acie Love (forum posts, etc.) from Bulls/W's fans?

~lw3

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1037479&start=0

Not much but I know for a fact the many Bulls fans like his game late last year.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

That is 4 posts. Two of the posts claim that Acie is a 3rd stringer.

One would have to be high to think that Acie is even a decent bench player in this league. Simply put, no statistical measure has shown to be anything but one of the worst players in this league.

Why can't we get rid of these Acie nuthuggers on this board? He is a bigger bust than Shelden.

When I look at his numbers I see a guy that took advantage when he was given substantial time. In two games where he got good minutes in Chicago he went 7-8 then followed that up with a 6-11. The explosion to the rim is still there and he seems to have worked out the kinks in his jumper. I'm not saying he's going to be a HOF player but I am saying he is a better option to push Teague than an aging Mike Bibby.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

That is 4 posts. Two of the posts claim that Acie is a 3rd stringer.

One would have to be high to think that Acie is even a decent bench player in this league. Simply put, no statistical measure has shown to be anything but one of the worst players in this league.

Why can't we get rid of these Acie nuthuggers on this board? He is a bigger bust than Shelden.

No offense to Woodson, but he didn't have time to develop Acie into a starting point guard because he had to win now. True Acie got hurt, but he never had the oppurtunity to succeed in this league. If Woodson would have stayed with the same pressure to win, you would be saying the same thing about Jeff Teague.

he is a bust and will never amount to anything in the NBA.

Since all the facts point to him being a nothing, good luck with this task.

The evidences indicate he didn't deserve to be a lottery pick. They don't prove that he is nothing.

He was still a productive back-up PG for the Bulls. Bulls fans still like him. One problem they say was that his strengths and weaknesses make him look like a tiny-mini-me version of Rose. The back-up PG had to bring something different to the table.

With GS, he was lost in the crowded back-court, just like Crawford.

With Hawks, Bibby was just better. Pre-Bibby, every time he was about to take the starting gig from AJ, he got freak injuries.