• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie Law is still available

• Premium Member

call me a cheerleader if you wish but I don't see a downside with this. Would be nice competition to push Teague and he would be an insurance policy in case of injury.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Hell I'd rather bring in Dermarr Johnson or Travis Hansen or any number of former Hawks draft picks that have actually produced in the NBA as opposed to bringing in a player that hasn't produced and apparently nobody wants.

• Premium Member

So many point guards still available in Free Agency and Acie Law is your choice?

check the list. Name one PG you'd take over Acie. I like Javaris Crittenton too but I doubt the hawks would risk the PR hit.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

lol

T-Lue is making a comeback. Id take him over Law as a 13th man on the roster. :tongue:

By

Josh Dhani

News started stirring up around Penny Hardaway, who said he would like to make a comeback to the NBA and join the South Beach Superteam of the Miami Heat.

Now another comeback has come up. From the latest rumors at Fanhouse.com, former Orlando Magic point guard Tyronn Lue would like to make a comeback as well to the National Basketball Association.

Now there's a big difference between Lue and Hardaway with their comebacks.

Lue can make more impact and have a bigger role with him a 33-year-old, 11-year veteran.

Hardaway, however, is turning 39 and will play a minimum rule at the most. He's been out of the league for two years compared to Lue's one.

The only advantage for Hardaway is that he has more experience and qualities to his game.

Lue's last game was when the Orlando Magic got knocked out by Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2009 NBA Finals.

The 6'0" 175-pound point guard has also played for the Milwaukee Bucks, Atlanta Hawks, Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers, and the Washington Wizards.

You could call Lue somewhat of a journeyman.

Lue said he wants to make a comeback and he is ready. With the Boston Celtics' loss in Tony Allen, it is rumored to be that Lue will try out for the C's, who have a lot of veteran leadership on their squad.

"I want to come back because my body feels good," Lue told FanHouse . "I'm a little out of shape, but I'm working out."

Lue also said he has a couple other teams he has a "feel for" but didn't name them.

What's next...Antoine Walker?

check the list. Name one PG you'd take over Acie. I like Javaris Crittenton too but I doubt the hawks would risk the PR hit.

Jannero Pargo

Will Bynum

Earl Watson

Rafer Alston

Carlos Arroyo

Anthony Johnson

Jason Williams

Heck, I'd take Lue's personality and locker room presence before Acie.

Edited by TeamDime10

• Premium Member

From that list:

Will Bynum

Anthony Johnson

Jason Williams

Bynum is good but will probably resign with the Pistons. Everything AJ and Jason Williams offer offensively is offset by their lack of defense.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

call me a cheerleader if you wish but I don't see a downside with this. Would be nice competition to push Teague and he would be an insurance policy in case of injury.

Acie might not be the best choice,but i do agree maybe Woodson didn't give him a chance either because he was trying to keep his job. They didn't need a PG in Golden St. or Chicago so he was the odd man out. It's a shame. I thought he was pretty talented!

• Premium Member

Salim Stoudamire and Tyrone Lue??? OK I see where this is heading.

I did not say bring him in as a starter. He's young, familiar with LD, and he got better late with Chicago. Factor in he'll play for peanuts and I don't see how this would be anything less than a major coup for the hawks.

I'll say once again that Woodson has to this point been shown to be a pretty good judge of young talent.

People here were upset that Salim wasn't playing more. Then when he hit FA he quickly left the league as no team wanted him.

People were upset about Shelden being misused. But I think now he is on his fifth team and is playing for the minimum salary.

People here were upset that Acie wasn't playing more. Now he has been discarded by 2 hall of fame coaches and his fourth team doesn't want him either. Now he is an UFA. He still has the chance to prove woodson wrong but time will certainly tell.

I'll say once again that Woodson has to this point been shown to be a pretty good judge of young talent.

People here were upset that Salim wasn't playing more. Then when he hit FA he quickly left the league as no team wanted him.

People were upset about Shelden being misused. But I think now he is on his fifth team and is playing for the minimum salary.

People here were upset that Acie wasn't playing more. Now he has been discarded by 2 hall of fame coaches and his fourth team doesn't want him either. Now he is an UFA. He still has the chance to prove woodson wrong but time will certainly tell.

You make great points and I agree. If any of these guys were somehow NBA sleepers ( off the bench or otherwise) one of their former teams would have woke them up by now. Funny also how we let Mario go for a little while last season and no one picked him up. But of course that 3 million was way to important to replace him with. Cheap cheap cheap and ASG should rhyme somehow.

• Premium Member

One HOF coach you speak of had no use for a future 6th-MOY either. I think it would have been completely different had the teams he was traded to needed Acie the player versus Acie the contract.

and...

I like Mario West but I would be very unhappy if LD waste a roster spot on someone as limited as Rio when Acie is available.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

I'm less intrigued by inexperienced competition for the starting PG spot, and more interested in veteran competition for the backup PG spot. Specifically a defensive option when Bibby is not the best matchup alongside either of the Crawfords.

Of course, for what A$G is willing to pay, we shouldn't be surprised if that player becomes T-Lue. Or Brevin Knight.

~lw3

• Premium Member

NineOh- now that Acie is an unrestricted free agent and can sign with whatever team in the league is the best fit for him, if he fails again will you admit then that it wasn't Woodson's fault and Acie was just a bad pick?

yep...

I'm no longer in the "blame Woody" camp. Seemed that whenever Acie got in Woody's good graces he'd get hurt. Bad timing and bad luck maybe but not all Woody.

• Premium Member

People? :blink: That was Diesel saying all those things! :laugh: