• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I asked a Lakers fan about Josh Powell

JRid

I was in a store standing in line today and I overheard the guy in front of me talking about the lakers. He seemed to be a big lakers fan so I asked him what he thought about Josh Powell, and he had good things to say. I asked about Powell before I mentioned the Hawks might sign him just so I would be sure to get an honest answer. He immediately said Powell is a really good player with a good mid range jump shot. He also said a few more good things about him that I didn't really hear because it was my turn in line and the cashier started talking to me. He thought since Powell already won 2 rings that he is probably looking for some playing time now because he doesn't get much with the loaded Lakers.

I'm not trying to say this Lakers fan knows everything, but I think it's always good to hear another perspective. Think about If we were losing a bench player and when somebody asked you about them your immediate response was "he is a really good player", etc. Who would that player be for the Hawks now or in the past?

I figured hearing something positive about a guy we might sign would be a good thing for the message board. Hopefully it makes some of you feel a little better.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=403570

I was the one who broke the news on this site, and nobody had anything bad to say about him, seems like the only people say we got a bad player/deal is Hawks fans ourself...........

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=403570

I was the one who broke the news on this site, and nobody had anything bad to say about him, seems like the only people say we got a bad player/deal is Hawks fans ourself...........

You don't have to be a Hawks fan to know that every single player in the NBA would be better utilized and coached under Phil Jackson than Larry Drew.

(( raising hand ))

Could we please refrain from using "very good player" and "Josh Powell" in the same sentence? Why tell a lie and say that he's a very good, or even a good player, or even an average player?

I'm going to say the exact same thing I said about Joe Smith when he was signed . . .

If Josh Powell plays more than 10 minutes a night, something has gone HORRIBLY WRONG with our frontline.

The more I look into Josh, the more I laugh.

I'm amost convinced that the only reason the Hawks are seriously thinking about signing him . . is because he's from Riverdale, GA. I guess ownership believes if they keep stocking the end of the bench with Atlanta high school heroes, that it will motivate a few fans that know him to come out and support the Hawks.

Or maybe one of the owners listened to Waka Flaka Flame, and noticed that he mentioned "Riverdale, GA" in one of his songs, and got an ephinany to sign Powell.

I predict that Powell will be in streetclothes, more than he plays on the court.

• Like 4

(( raising hand ))

Could we please refrain from using "very good player" and "Josh Powell" in the same sentence? Why tell a lie and say that he's a very good, or even a good player, or even an average player?

I'm going to say the exact same thing I said about Joe Smith when he was signed . . .

If Josh Powell plays more than 10 minutes a night, something has gone HORRIBLY WRONG with our frontline.

I'm amost convinced that the only reason the Hawks are seriously thinking about signing him . . is because he's from Riverdale, GA. I guess ownership believes if they keep stocking the end of the bench with Atlanta high school heroes, that it will motivate a few fans that know him to come out and support the Hawks.

Or maybe one of the owners listened to Waka Flaka Flame, and noticed that he mentioned "Riverdale, GA" in one of his songs, and got an ephinany to sign Powell.

I predict that Powell will be in streetclothes, more than he plays on the court.

+1 for the Waka reference.

I asked a Laker fan aswell quote:

anyways im glad Josh Powell went to the Hawks! if he gets some playing time he can contribute for you guys!!! he has a smooth 15ft jumper and can hustle every given night!. great pick up

• Premium Member

(( raising hand ))

+1

can't believe we're making threads about this guy

Here is an article about Josh Powell. States that he took a step back in production this year. E ven though he didn't play many minutes he had his chances when Gasol was out at the beginning of last season.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2010/7/19/1576802/player-report-card-josh-powell